What are y'all up to these days?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Hmmm. How deep? So many snarky asides I can't even choose one...
This is probably a good time to tell you I sold all my RPG related stuff 3 years ago and don't live anywhere near geese or Canada anymore. True story.

New Ways to Explore the World of Metahumans Rising!
Each month House Dok Productions releases an adventure seed on the main website. These are short adventures, which typically run a single session or two.

While this may not be a shock to many, it took us quite a while to realize, that we can release free or PWYW content though sites such as Drive-Thru RPG.

Starting this week we are rereleasing some of our most popular adventure seeds through Drive Thru RPG, and Itch. Each rerelease will be updated in PDF format, and laid out for easy reading.

Our first offering: Tools of the South!
Help rescue a kidnapped child, and stop a home grown terrorist cell. This is the first story in what we are calling the Iron Cycle, a series of adventures that explore the Eisenreich, a secret organization devoted to world domination.

Download the adventure for free:

Second session of the all-thieves game went well. Given the time of year, of course the manor they were robbing was actually the home of a necromancer.

They've managed so far to avoid the attention of the local thieves' guild, but it's only a matter of time...

Playing Jacks (Part 2), Page 19: Thinking For Three
The Aces battle the fresh Drifters, as Wayfarer pieces together what Dr. Green has done.

Powering Through 6: Sound Symbiosis
Originally, I was going to start with a New Radicals joke. Then I realized that the joke was from a 25 year old song. Nevertheless, with Sound Symbiosis, You've got the music in you!

It just hit me today that it's apparently time to admit to being a lapsed gamer, and leave RPGs behind, at least for a time. Maybe things might look differently some years from now, who knows:angel:?

I mean, I'm not playing anything, I'm not running anything, I'm not even reading my giant "to-read" list, RPGs keep getting jumped over by...well, pretty much everything else, from martial arts and history to local SF books:shock:!

And lately even discussing RPGs seems less and less fun:shade:.

Funny, that - I started writing in the MA and fitness threads because I was visiting the forum most to exchange ideas for my games...and now those are the only ones where I have something new to contribute instead of relying on "old glories". And I'm really not into rehashing:grin:!

...well, I might at least read a new RPG while I'm still taking the decision. Preferably one in Portuguese, to test how well I've been doing with learning the language (I finished the Duolingo course:thumbsup:)!
And hey, this would at least count as something RPG-related, so I might explain to myself why I'm still here. Other than for the MA and fitness threads, that is.

OK, make that three threads - the food thread is a real gem, too:tongue:!

It just hit me today that it's apparently time to admit to being a lapsed gamer, and leave RPGs behind, at least for a time. Maybe things might look differently some years from now, who knows:angel:?

I mean, I'm not playing anything, I'm not running anything, I'm not even reading my giant "to-read" list, RPGs keep getting jumped over by...well, pretty much everything else, from martial arts and history to local SF books:shock:!

Funny, that - I started writing in the MA and fitness threads because I was visiting the forum most to exchange ideas for my games...and now those are the only ones where I have something new to contribute instead of relying on "old glories". And I'm really not into rehashing:grin:!

...well, I might at least read a new RPG while I'm still taking the decision. Preferably one in Portuguese, to test how well I've been doing with learning the language (I finished the Duolingo course:thumbsup:)!
And hey, this would at least count as something RPG-related, so I might explain to myself why I'm still here. Other than for the MA and fitness threads, that is.

Happens to the best of us, and it sounds like you've got some really interesting things going on. Looking forward to when your lapse lapses.

The other easterner leaves. lol
Do what feels right, it will be here when you want to come back.

Happens to the best of us, and it sounds like you've got some really interesting things going on. Looking forward to when your lapse lapses.
That's interesting in the sense of the Chinese curse, but yeah, I'd also be looking forward to it:tongue:!

The other easterner leaves. lol
Do what feels right, it will be here when you want to come back.
Well, I'm not saying that there can be only one...but one is probably enough:grin:!

Most people fade in and out of the hobby AsenRG AsenRG , it's not odd. You just do what makes you happy and like as not you'll circle back to RPGs at some point.
Oh, RPGs still make me happy... it's some stuff related to my group that leads me to stop playing and running them:shade:.
And, well, I've never seen the point of being an RPG reader - I know some people enjoy it, and more power to them...but it tends to not work for me (though some Delta Green stuff and some of BedrockBrendan BedrockBrendan games are written well enough to possibly become an exception).
So, if and when I manage to deal with the aforementioned group stuff, I'd probably be back. But it's complicated to the point of being tangled, and not easy to disentangle from, so don't hold your breath!
Though you'd probably keep seeing me in those other threads:thumbsup:.

Oh, RPGs still make me happy... it's some stuff related to my group that leads me to stop playing and running them:shade:.
And, well, I've never seen the point of being an RPG reader - I know some people enjoy it, and more power to them...but it tends to not work for me (though some Delta Green stuff and some of BedrockBrendan BedrockBrendan games are written well enough to possibly become an exception).
So, if and when I manage to deal with the aforementioned group stuff, I'd probably be back. But it's complicated to the point of being tangled, and not easy to disentangle from, so don't hold your breath!
Though you'd probably keep seeing me in those other threads:thumbsup:.
Thanks for the compliment Asen. I definitely feel like gaming should be fun, not a chore. So there is not point in tormenting oneself over it. I think we all go through periods of gaming more or less or not at all (I know I slowed down a lot when I got my first girlfriend, and I also almost stopped when I started martial arts because I was devoting so many hours to it a day, but ended up meeting other gamers there and that buoyed me). One thing that has helped me is online gaming, but I think that isn't for everyone (a lot of folks really want that in person experience with gaming).

As I'm just starting to make my way through the rules, I'm slowly working on a project for Cthulhu Eternal, which is based on the D100 system from Delta Green with other stuff added in. They have SRD's for about 5 era's currently, and this one will be for their Victorian and Age of Rebellion ones. I'm using this template Fat Goblin Games released to make a horror Zine for the project as a kind of experiment. It's only going to feature one new entity, but it will also include some short fiction, and some adventure seeds as well. I made this cover using AI generated art for the background, a commission of the entity and of course, the logo for 3rd part CE products. If all goes well, mine might just be the first 3rd party CE release to come out.

Herald of Anguish Cover Cthulhu Eternal.jpg
I'm also writing a short story involving this entity, as it's the older form of the entity from the story I published a few weeks ago. I'll probably use this as the cover for the ebook too when the time comes.

I've still got a few projects for Supers! I also need to work on, and I really need to get cracking on Shifter$ (the shapeshifter supplement for Hunter$)

Over a year into a Dungeon World campaign, now sliding toward its "world-shaking culmination" (well, maybe...play to see what happens means there are twists and turns everywhere). Other than that, scripting a lot of missions for City of Heroes Homecoming using in-game Architect (including a linked campaign that is probably going to end up around 70 missions or so).

Future stuff: some group talk about a possible sandbox, using something really rules light (because I'm happy to pull stuff out of my ass, provided I don't have to grunt and push through a host of minutiae to do it).

We didn't finish our Halloween session on Halloween, so we'll be wrapping it up this Friday. Which means I need to come up with approximately 34 creative ways for Not-Jason-Voorhees to kill off camp counselors.

Just in case you need some inspiration.

Gobbler: The Tide of Turkey
With turkey day creeping up on us, House Dok is re-releasing the first full Gobbler adventure seed, the Tide of Turkey, with expanded content. The PDF is available on both Itch and Drive Thru for the price of whatever you want it to be.

Save the city from a flock of gigantic turkeys, then head off Gobbler himself before he reaches the city.

We hope you enjoy this silly holiday one shot.

McDeath for President 2024
"Half these people ought to die. You know it. I know it. Let's make it happen"

Be vague about which half but certain it has to happen.

Well, I managed to clear my block and finished Ragnaglar's Breath, We are also close to finishing Moon Elves, both part of Holiday Dorastor on the Jonstown Compendium. I am plodding along, trying to finish the Risklands Supplement, nearly there in words but I haven't thought about art yet. That should allow me to pick up Foulvale, then Hahlgrim's War. Once those are out of the way, I can pick up something that I stopped working on earlier in the year.

Our Black Spears campaign has started again and I am enjoying playing my healer.

We also played an Alien one shot, which I enjoyed.

All being well, I am going to Dragonmeet in December. I am, also at another event the Thursday before, so might stay over in a hotel for a couple of days in London. All in a controlled attempt at trying to be a bit more social.

McDeath for President 2024
"Half these people ought to die. You know it. I know it. Let's make it happen"

Be vague about which half but certain it has to happen.
This is what I like about this vagueness. Some will read it as "The half on the Left" , some will read it as "The half on the Right" , some will read it as "The 1/4's on the Far Left and Right!" And still some others will say "Those 'Moderates' in the middle!"

Everyone wants someone out of their way!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back