What are y'all up to these days?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
At the start of this week, it looked like I might get to play, and not need to run anything.
Now it seems I'm running two sessions on the weekend, though one is still hanging in the balance:shade:.

You should add #NeverGetToPlay or #ForeverGM to your signature line :grin:

Kir3 the Tired, Hoarder of Soft White Bun with Peanut Butter and Speaker...

q3u09es3lbi91.gif

So this week in gaming, I got very little done. I have had low blood pressure, which caused kidney dysfunction. The last five weeks I have had low blood pressure and serious fatigue, just under where the doctor would like my pressure. Alas, my Kidneys seem to be arguing with the Doctor about what is a good BP, and seem to have won. A slightly panicked MD changed things drastically. I am on much less medication. My BP is back to where I feel really comfortable 130/ 80, instead of the 105/ 70 average I have had for five weeks. So, mostly I have been staring at walls and youtube not doing much, this week. I am feeling pretty good.

Since we blew off the medication on Tuesday, I did three CCCC characters and some notes for various NF Books. I have been able to walk for more than a few minutes at a time. Walking is good for ideas. In fact, I have a blog post about a good idea here.

Thank God for the Jeep Jockeys. They were paying more attention than us PCs in the M8, and gave a pretty good idea where we were - my first FO hit was a bit off, but the second one was right on the money. The Jerrys didn't get a chance to move very far before I called in FFE, and they were no more- especially with all the ammo for the 75mm right there.

Altitus: Icy Mike, Undead Hunter

If you remember our series on various martials arts, it should come to no surprise, I've been watching and enjoying Rokas Leonavicius' Ultimate Self-Defense Championships. Now that it's come to an end, there was one moment that, if we tweaked it just slightly, works well for a darker superhero campaign (Think Ghost Rider, or Midnight Sons). So, without further ado, let us introduce Icy Mike, Undead Hunter.

I might have gotten myself into running Mythras for a group of pre-teens. They loved killing those goblins, methinks...and meeting Goblin Slayer. Though they never got the reference:grin:!

Also, they were outraged at finding out goblins actually make human soup:shade:.

Fun fact: everyone liked the fact that they can do whatever. The only one who was unimpressed was First Daughter. She complained that it was moving way too slowly with so many players and she got bored:thumbsup:!

I totally need to spend less time on RPGs and more on conditioning, though...:gunslinger:

Last edited:
I visited my sailor friend Sunday evening for a game of Zombicide 2E. We won!

1685426387606.jpg

Next Friday it's Call of Cthulhu night, again at his place. He wants to round up the England section of Masks of Nyarlathotep and then put the campaign on rest. Attendance hasn't been great and he's also wondering if taking on such a huge campaign wasn't a tad bit too ambitious.

Before he goes back to sea, in about four weeks, he wants to run a one-shot of Pirate Borg for whoever's interested and able to make it.

Last edited:
I keep reaping benefits of a job well done, even if I'm saying so myself:grin:!

The father of one of the kids that played with me watched the session. I don't normally mind, and it was in a LFGS anyway, anyone could watch us...but in this case, I was actually all for it!
Why? Well, he was thinking of running a game, but he claimed he doesn't know how.
So I told him it's easiest to show (after dumping a wall of text on him).

...and last night, he said he's considering running another session:thumbsup:! He's considering using Mythras, too. Well, it makes sense to use what he's seen being used:shade:!

So I passed him one of my copies of Arbiter of Worlds (it's for a good cause !) and told him I'd like to play when he tries that. I also roped* another friend into playing, so he'd have experienced backseat GMers...no, it's not that...audience...no players.
I mean, he doesn't need to worry about disappointing us. We won't give up RPGs because of a bad session - or it would have happened ages ago:tongue:.

*It was so hard, "roping" a guy who runs two sessions per week and plays in another 1d4 of them at the weekends! I actually had to tell him that such a session might take place:skeleton:!

Last but not least: it seems I'm not going to play or run anything this weekend, but I get to play in a friend's intermittent Changeling campaign on Wednesday.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back