What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
De Artsen, legendary Arnhem-based indie band. Guitarist Peter Visser and bassist Herman Bunskoeke moved on to form internationally successful band Bettie Serveert but I always preferred De Artsen.

IMHO, their song Conny Waves with a Shell has one of the most beautiful nonsensical lyrics ever.

Last edited:
Long before Whitey Ford Sings the Blues, even before House of Pain, Everlast already had a solo album, Forever Everlasting. I picked it up from the bargain bin @ Camelot Records at the time. I'm sure in 1990, the cleverness of sampling the band The Knack in a song called "I Got the Knack" was lost on me, but it makes me smile now.

Another Seattle band. I sort of knew a couple of the guys in this band. We weren't, like, friends or anything, but we went to enough of the same shows that we'd give each other the nod.

I am unaccustomed to seeing hardcore bands play at outdoor festivals. IME, it was always some small, dark, dirty club.

What's that? You prefer your tough-guy hardcore in Japanese? I got ya, fam.

Man, I really need to make a playlist that highlights how both a bunch of tough-guy hardcore and a bunch of teen-girl pop is all the same #selfimprovementcore. Add it to the to-do list....

(lyrics NSFW. I may have forgotten to mention that in some of the videos I've posted tonight.)

Spectrum covering Beat Happening. I greatly prefer the Spectrum version.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back