What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I found out on a Behind the Music or something that she (the singer) was 14 or 15 when this song came out.
Wow...I read somewhere that she was about 16 when 'I Want Candy' was released, but only about 14 when she joined the band (put together by Malcolm Mclaren).
Not sure how that makes me feel now, being just over three times her age :grin:

Last edited:
Lucero has been one of my favorite bands since I saw them @ Chelsea's in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, way back in 2001. I was one of about 20 people in the crowd. Now, when they come to Chicago, they sell out the 800-capacity Metro.

There are 5-8 guys in the band depending on the album, although only two of them are in these first two videos.

Here's one for the full-band experience:

Went looking for a video of them playing "Bikeriders," because it always gets a huge reaction here in Chicago, and the first one that popped up was from a show I attended!

I never heard this song prior to just now, but it's pretty good once Ben remembers the vocal entrance, haha.

They don't have very many official music videos, but in this one I just found, a lot of it was filmed here at The Metro! You can clearly see it from the outside around the 1:40 mark, and I recognize some of the interiors.

Considering the average age here, I'm guessing that, like me, a lot of you had grandparents who served in WWII. Here's a song about Ben's grandpa's experience in that conflict.

Okay, I guess that's enough for now.

(ETA: I don't know why these last two songs are showing up differently. I did the same "copy and paste the link" from YouTube process for all the songs in my post. Shrug.)

Last edited:
I don't know why, but this song just cracks me up everytime I listen to it.

Pique La Balenine

I really like this one, I have no idea if it's related to the book series though.

Wheel of Time by Blind Guardian

McCartney/MacManus: a shame they didn't collaborate on an entire LP.

Just have these Fat Freddy's Drop albums cycling thru my playlist in the background
Things are pretty mellow and cool here in the Mankcam Manor today...

Great Kiwi band to groove or chill out to.
An eclectic mix of Electronica/ Reggae/ Dub with lots of splashes of R&B Urban, Jazz, Blues, Lounge
Sits nicely alongside Thievery Corperation albums, despite quite a different line up of characters
Great live performances if you ever get the chance to catch them :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Lucero has been one of my favorite bands since I saw them @ Chelsea's in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, way back in 2001. I was one of about 20 people in the crowd. Now, when they come to Chicago, they sell out the 800-capacity Metro.

There are 5-8 guys in the band depending on the album, although only two of them are in these first two videos.

Here's one for the full-band experience:

Went looking for a video of them playing "Bikeriders," because it always gets a huge reaction here in Chicago, and the first one that popped up was from a show I attended!

I never heard this song prior to just now, but it's pretty good once Ben remembers the vocal entrance, haha.

They don't have very many official music videos, but in this one I just found, a lot of it was filmed here at The Metro! You can clearly see it from the outside around the 1:40 mark, and I recognize some of the interiors.

Considering the average age here, I'm guessing that, like me, a lot of you had grandparents who served in WWII. Here's a song about Ben's grandpa's experience in that conflict.

Okay, I guess that's enough for now.

(ETA: I don't know why these last two songs are showing up differently. I did the same "copy and paste the link" from YouTube process for all the songs in my post. Shrug.)

I never heard of them down here, but these are all great tracks, the kind of rock songs I like to listen to.
Thanks for posting, I might follow therse guys up :thumbsup:

I never heard of them down here, but these are all great tracks, the kind of rock songs I like to listen to.
Thanks for posting, I might follow therse guys up :thumbsup:

No problem! Glad you like it! All their studio albums are on both Spotify and Apple Music, if you have either of those.

Spotify has the Live from Atlanta double-album and the Live at Cat's Cradle album, but Apple Music doesn't.

Last edited:
No problem! Glad you like it! All their studio albums are on both Spotify and Apple Music, if you have either of those.
Spotify has the Live from Atlanta double-album and the Live at Cat's Cradle album, but Apple Music doesn't.
Well I have iTunes, but not subscribing to Apple Music.
I do have Spotify, so I'll check them out, cheers! :thumbsup:

My friend Library Dave (not Magic Dave) loves this band. I had never heard them until just now.

For Mankcam Mankcam & anyone else who digs Lucero, here's Ben doing the title track off the solo album he put out a few years ago. The whole album is inspired by Cormac McCarthy's novel Blood Meridian. I like the record way more than I like the book.

I guess this first one was used in a movie recently judging by the comments on YouTube.

I had no idea The Cyrkle had more to them beyond the pop hits "Red Rubber Ball" and "Turn-Down Day," but this bears further investigation:

Hell of a track!

Nobody sounds like Richie Havens except Richie Havens!

This version of "Strawberry Fields Forever" I like more than the original recording:

Last edited:
I'll be damned if that bass and saxophone don't blow the studio version out of the water. Gotta love his supremely cocky performance. That look at 1:28 kills.

There's this obscure group called The Beatles, you might Google the name to learn more...

Lol. I meant currently active bands. Nevertheless, well played!

And I can't believe I forgot that one of my other Top 5 favorite bands (of which DKM are one), Rancid, also has two lead singers! I haven't listened to them in quite a while, even though I really like them.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back