What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Remember that time circa 1993 when Elvis Costello wrote an entire album for Wendy James because he felt sorry for her?

Not a band I have feelings about one way or the other, but I'll be damned if I didn't play the hell out of this single in 2003. Reminds me very strongly of a particular time and place and I wish I still had it. Don't know if the album it was lifted from is any good.

Heard a catchy pop song on the radio and managed to find it on YouTube. It's not great but it stuck out as better than most of what I hear on the FM pop stations. (The dude in this video looks ridiculous but I don't know if he's in the band or just an actor.)

Edit: also found this, sounds much better "unplugged."

Last edited:
The new Greyhawk album dropped today on bandcamp. I pre-ordered it, so I've been jamming to it on the way home this morning, and on the way to work earlier this evening.

Man, they give awards to overwrought, overproduced "story" music videos that illustrate the song for you but I say this one is worth a thousand "Thriller"-type videos. One take, one shot, one very slow zoom, with a live vocal and everything in the lyrics can be seen on his face. Also one of his greatest songs.

Man, they give awards to overwrought, overproduced "story" music videos that illustrate the song for you but I say this one is worth a thousand "Thriller"-type videos. One take, one shot, one very slow zoom, with a live vocal and everything in the lyrics can be seen on his face. Also one of his greatest songs.

One of the best artists ever

I agree with you to an extent, but I still think “Thriller” is the greatest video ever made because of how ambitious it was. Not even close to one of Jackson’s best songs though.

I agree with you to an extent, but I still think “Thriller” is the greatest video ever made because of how ambitious it was. Not even close to one of Jackson’s best songs though.
It's a fun Halloween novelty song, but it's not even one of the best songs on the namesake LP.

Greatest video ever #2:

The song is as good as the video, too.

I enjoy these long-forgotten, seldom-mentioned album tracks:

Love that Japanese genre films of the 60s and 70s featuring kickass heroines also usually had the lead actresses singing their own theme songs, with the lyrics matching the themes and even action of the film!

Someone finally found a way to get me to voluntarily listen to a Foo Fighters song.

What if the Monkees had actually made their double LP where each member got a side to himself? Part 1: Mike Nesmith

What if the Monkees had actually made their double LP where each member got a side to himself? Part 2: Mike Nesmith

Maybe I just haven't heard the right album but to me Vanilla Fudge never topped this single. Such a great lead vocal here too, one of the few examples of a really great RnB cover by a 60s rock band to me.

I'm the Mountain by Stoned Jesus. With a name like that I'm sure you can guess the genre.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back