What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Alice Texas. I read about this band back in 2000 from an Alternative Press article that compared them to Nick Cave and PJ Harvey. Bought their first album, Gold, and the follow-up, Sad Days. They broke up shortly after. I think they had a third album ready to go but didn't have a record company interested. So that's just lost now.
I can't find Gold available anywhere, but Sad Days is on Spotify and Youtube still.

It's kind of weird seeing something that I thought was important as a teen had so little cultural impact that no one has bothered saving it.

It's kind of weird seeing something that I thought was important as a teen had so little cultural impact that no one has bothered saving it.

It is surprising how hard it can be to find some music, when music blogs were going full blast it was easier but there are several bands I really dig who it can be hard to locate online. Just goes to show that the 'everything is online' claim is overstated.

Alice Texas. I read about this band back in 2000 from an Alternative Press article that compared them to Nick Cave and PJ Harvey. Bought their first album, Gold, and the follow-up, Sad Days. They broke up shortly after. I think they had a third album ready to go but didn't have a record company interested. So that's just lost now.
I can't find Gold available anywhere, but Sad Days is on Spotify and Youtube still.

I love this kind of stuff... when I'm in the right mood and I put on some Nick Cave... the creative-gene goes all kinds of squirrely.

Symphony of Enchanted Lands (Album) by Rhapsody

I love how unapologetically over-the-top this band is. Their CD booklets have maps in them. Maps!! Which is why their CDs are some where I will never get rid of the physical object, even if I have the music ripped to my computer and backed up elsewhere.

Sabaton's new single:

Their Carolus Rex album is probably my favorite, so I'd be happy to see another focused on Sweden.

Carolus Rex was single handidly one of the best albums I have ever listened to period! The whole thing from start to finish is a masterpiece.

In another post I mentioned the aussie art film 'Dogs In Space', which sent me looking for this lost track

An exercise in New Wave coolness from Michael Hutchence:

Last edited:
I saw them for New Year's Eve 2 years back. Fun band to see live

They are seriously good. I actually tried to get Gloryhole on this forum, but that song is age restricted.

Yeah, that's one of the first songs I had heard by them. What's funny is their live show was half covers, half originals. The singer is a really good David Lee Roth impersonator vocally (I read somewhere he was in a Van Halen cover band prior to Steel Panther, so it makes sense)

Rendition of When Johnny Comes Marching Home by Kaisercat

Black Sea Gale by The Dreadnoughts

The Klingon Battle Theme from Star Trek The Motion Picture

The Mandate Eternal by Kaisercat

Watching the Grammys as I'm always interested to see what is happening in pop music these days. As usual a mix of mediocre, vulgar and interesting. At least most of it isn't boring.

The Grammys have always been a joke aesthetically so that isn't really my concern or interest in watching.

As usual The Simpsons nailed it.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back