What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
This isn't exactly listening to as much as 'about listening to', but I thought it was interesting. For those who don't know Adam Neely is one of several you tubers who post about music theory (another big one is Rick Beato). I know a little music theory (learned some when I learned guitar, and took a class here or there but basically pretty low to mid level music theory knowledge). But I always find that as a guitar player I think more in terms of being a sculptor and not on a higher concept or understanding of music. This video kind of clarifies some of that (talking about how blues progressions are shaped more by things like the guitar itself than by music theory, or at least western music theory)---around 15 minutes in is where the point is really made, though the whole video is quite good in my opinion:

Relaxing with some early John Renbourn this morning, Nine Maidens and Ship of Fools.

Most of Chuck's biggest hits had country licks in them but in this invaluable set you can hear how good he is playing more RnB and blues numbers when he wanted to.

I'd say either this or 'Brown Eyed Handsome Man' are his best songs, not dulled by over familiarity.

Chuck also seems to be really enjoying himself in these performances. Even vibing well with the band on Radio Bremen. Not always true in his later years.

Last edited:
I have a tradition where everytime I have to drive for a long time I put Hells Bells as the first song in my music playlist.
Edit: Super weird that the AC/DC Jailbreak video is considered kids content on youtube.
Heh heh I don't think AC/DC was ever 'kids content'...

Just in my head today, so I thought it apt to post:

Billy Thorpe & The Aztecs
Sunbury Rock Festival 1970s Australia

The Street Dogs were a fun band. Bit of trivia: the Street Dogs' singer, Mike McColgan, was the singer on the first Dropkick Murphys album, Do or Die.

One of the times I saw the Street Dogs, during the last song, Mike jumped into the crowd and had them carry him to the exit and then shook every single audience member's hand as we filed out of the club. I thought that was pretty cool.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back