What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Have you seen the hilarious footage of the lead singer pissing on a fan's face on stage?
Yes.

I thought it was disgusting when I heard of it. Then I saw her. In the ultimate statement of the "hypocrisy of beauty", I wasn't as grossed out any more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes.

I thought it was disgusting when I heard of it. Then I saw her. In the ultimate statement of the "hypocrisy of beauty", I wasn't as grossed out any more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have no issues with any part of that incident. Storm in a teacup IMO.

I have no issues with any part of that incident. Storm in a teacup IMO.
My biggest issue with it is that it was an all ages event. If it had been 18+ only... yeah, gross, but its on them. She asked for a volunteer, was explicit in what she was doing, and he seemed to enjoy it.

... I will say though, WTF did she drink?

My biggest issue with it is that it was an all ages event. If it had been 18+ only... yeah, gross, but its on them. She asked for a volunteer, was explicit in what she was doing, and he seemed to enjoy it.
The all ages part doesn't bother me as much as it might some other people. In many cases these are the same people who let there pre-teens play games where they're shooting people in the head left and right with egregious animations. I don't want to stray in politics, but suffice to say that if it had been some douchebag male lead singer who'd pissed on someone off the stage it would have barely even registered as news.

The all ages part doesn't bother me as much as it might some other people. In many cases these are the same people who let there pre-teens play games where they're shooting people in the head left and right with egregious animations. I don't want to stray in politics, but suffice to say that if it had been some douchebag male lead singer who'd pissed on someone off the stage it would have barely even registered as news.
My issue with that is that it's the choice of the parents. Until they're 18 the parents make those choices. If they chose to bring them to something that's 18+ of any variety or to subject them to those particular things, you'd hope that they were taking into account the maturity level of the child and were taking a reasoned approach to it. But to make that choice for them... that's just wrong IMO.

My issue with that is that it's the choice of the parents. Until they're 18 the parents make those choices. If they chose to bring them to something that's 18+ of any variety or to subject them to those particular things, you'd hope that they were taking into account the maturity level of the child and were taking a reasoned approach to it. But to make that choice for them... that's just wrong IMO.
I'm perfectly ok disagreeing with other parents about this. I don't have a huge issue with it. Was it fucking odd? Yeah. Would I have a bit of chore explain to a mid-teen why it happened? Yes. Do I think it's wrong? No. But we all make these decisions for ourselves, so they won't always be the same.

A new video for the Cancon Xmas classic 'River,' celebrating 50 years (!!) since the release of Blue by Mitchell. This melancholy, pitch perfect record is what turned me into a fan.

It's not big or clever, but it is pretty funny.

Though I like the arrangement from The Masked Singer better

Tonight I finally found a mystery 80's laser beam & robot dance song that has eluded me for years. Every few years I hear this song on the radio or remixed at a club and it's been driving me nuts.

Tonight I finally found a mystery 80's laser beam & robot dance song that has eluded me for years. Every few years I hear this song on the radio or remixed at a club and it's been driving me nuts.

Oh, dear. This is the reason why kids like me back then hated the '80's and started loving '90 alternative.

An amazing guitar solo by Phil Manzera fed through a self-invented electronic box by Eno for manipulation and one of the darkest, psychopathic lyrics in rock that make most death metal bands sound like tryhards.

I stumbled on this in 2020 while working from home, and stumbled on it again a few days ago. I like listening to it while doing repetitive comptroller work.

What is it with the Swedes and really good music?

Missionary Man, by Ghost

I really dig this mixture of Gospel style music and Metal!

Not quite music, but music adjacent:

An interview with dungeonsynth creator Knights of Nvrul.
A German 3d Artist made Sword and Planet dungeonsynth inspired by Morrowind, System Shock and a bunch of concept art. Basically the coolest guy ever.

Last edited:
Youtube never ceases to amaze me with its weird recommendations. It knows me so well, but still super weird.

Yugoslavian Funk & Jazz-Funk Mixtape

Not quite music, but music adjacent:

An interview with dungeonsynth creator Knights of Nvrul.
A German 3d Artist made Sword and Planet dungeonsynth inspired by Morrowind, System Shock and a bunch of concept art. Basically the coolest guy ever.

Here's the 2 albums he's made in case you're interested:

Sri G'thra

Sword of Äonheart

The excellent, atypical post-apoc sf series on HBO Station Eleven features this Tribe classic in an important and touching scene.

Latest episode ends with this track.

Refreshing for a non 'urban' TV show to feature hip-hop.

Last edited:
This guy produced the new Weeknd album but his music is some mashup of 80s electrosynth and Aphex Twin, this video is by the Safdie brothers (Uncut Gems, Good Time) and contains clips from the Canadian slasher Curtains.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back