What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
So despite the fact that Pearl Jam is ostensibly my favorite band, I've realized that the Tragically Hip are far more specifically keyed to to memories and people for me. If you aren't Canadian you simply won't understand how fucking critical the Hip are for a whole generation of Canadians.

I've loved this song for many years, since I first heard it, but it's really been stuck in my head lately. Not sure why; maybe because there's a few lines about the character's brother & yesterday was the 6-month anniversary of my brother's death? Whatever the reason, please enjoy some rock n' roll.

Dorothy is probably my favorite new-to-me rock band of the last decade. They're playing Chicago soon and if I can get over my pandemic fears, I'll probably go. Anyway, here's the acoustic version of their new single.

And here's the official music video for the electric version. I think it's a pretty nice piece of filmmaking.

I already like the studio version of this song, but if anything this stripped down version is even more emotionally powerful, and really shows off Taylor Momsen's vocals.

The cover band from Kyiv that I follow posted their latest cover. it was supposed to come out last month, but the invasion made them hold off. As they don't know when their internet might be fully cut off, the uploaded this to Youtube this morning. Hope it won't be the last song they cover

So, the new Sabaton album, The War to End All Wars, is out. Rather generously, the band has put lyric videos up on YouTube for basically the entire tracklist that hadn't already been released as a single.

Having listened to it, I think the best single track is still "Christmas Truce". Of the not-previously-released songs, I think my current favorite is "Lady of the Dark":

It might just be WWI fatigue, but overall I don't think this one was quite as good as The Great War. Still, it's worth a listen. And of course, as soon as I saw there was a song called "Stormtroopers", I knew this was inevitable:

The internet, it doesn't disappoint.

Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums, by A Perfect Circle

Pumped up Kicks, by 3Teeth

Blue Monday, by Orgy

I’m very sad to post this.

Not a Foo Fighters fan but I always liked Taylor's personality in drum videos. Contrary to what some people think Taylor Hawkins did most if not all of the drumming on Foo FIghter recordings since becoming a member and not Dave Grohl. Definitely a disturbance in the Drummer Force. RIP. I hope he enjoys hanging out with Charlie Watts.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back