What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Not a Foo Fighters fan but I always liked Taylor's personality in drum videos. Contrary to what some people think Taylor Hawkins did most if not all of the drumming on Foo FIghter recordings since becoming a member and not Dave Grohl. Definitely a disturbance in the Drummer Force. RIP. I hope he enjoys hanging out with Charlie Watts.

HBO Max had a really good episode on Alanis Morrisette and her rapid rise to fame and Hawkins was prominently featured as he and AM were close as he played in her first touring band and left her to join the Foo Fighters. He came across as a very likeable, intelligent sort. RIP.

The Joker and the Thief, by Wolfmother

Hardest Button to Button, by White Stripes

The Fires of Ancient Cosmic Destiny, by Gloryhammer

Apocalypse 1992, by Gloryhammer

Frozen Angel, by Norther

Holy fuck that's awesome. Tell me true though, that you in the video. You made this in you basement, didn't you? :grin:

Oh sweet Elder Gods, how I *wish* I could pull something like that off.

I Speak Machine showed up on my radar about a month ago, after some friends mentioned that she had opened for Gary Numan at his Atlanta show.

My Sunday Morning Depression Playlist:

Sunday Morning Coming Down, by Johnny Cash

Buddy, by Willie Nelson

Hello Walls, by Willie Nelson

Rhinestone Cowboy, by Glen Campbell

Detroit City, by Bobby Bare

Relevant song these days (just listen to the first line). Didn't realize this was a cover by Cohen of a beloved song from the French Resistance.

Relevant song these days (just listen to the first line). Didn't realize this was a cover by Cohen of a beloved song from the French Resistance.

Mick Gordon and Tex Perkins did a nice version of The Partisan for Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

Last edited:
I fell down a musical rabbit hole and this is what I found:

Leg of Time (Metal Version), by Bill Bailey

La Bamba, by The Mariachis

Quizás, Quizás, Quizás, by The Mariachis

Daydream in Blue, by I Monster

Daydream in Blue (Acoustic Version), by I Monster

Ghostwriter, by RJD2

Lust for a Vampyr, by I Monster

Silent Screamer, by Tatsuro Yamashita

The Fantastic Tale of Dr. Moog and the Birth of the Shimmering Beast, by I Monster

Leave Me Alone, by I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME

Arno (72) died today of pancreatic cancer. He was the headliner of the first festival I ever visited, 40 years ago, and the closing act of another festival 3 years ago. After some chemo he wrote another album in 2021, and his last album will be published posthumously.

So I will inflict some of his songs upon you (in English, French and Dutch).

Since I went and saw them last night, been listening a bit to The Warning, 3 sisters from Mexico who I think kick ass

I happened to hear the Who song "Eminence Front" recently and it put me in mind of the RPG version we came up with, back in the day:
Swords sing,
Players forget,
Steel rings.
Players forget,
Characters are facing
Imminent death,
Imminent death, it's a broadsword,
Imminent death, it's a guisarme,
It's a polearm...
You didn't even need to change the "come and join our party dressed to kill" line, though it meant something different.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back