What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I've been putting a Cyberpunk playlist together for if/when I run such a game. Not sure what system yet and the music needed to be recognisable so went with the following for the contemporary stuff...

1664485513292.png
Changing to this playlist for the 'orchestral' soundtrack:

1664485565400.png

I've enjoyed putting them together!

So funny story, I'm getting ready for a long drive, and am setting up my bluetooth radio connector so I can listen to the tunes on my phone. I turn on the radio and adjust the channel only to get loudly blasted with OOGA-CHAKA OOGA-CHAKA. It scared the everliving daylights out of me. Curious about the strange opening I listened to the remainder of the song and the DJ said it was the "Ooga-Chaka Song"

Hooked on a Feeling, by Blue Swede

So funny story, I'm getting ready for a long drive, and am setting up my bluetooth radio connector so I can listen to the tunes on my phone. I turn on the radio and adjust the channel only to get loudly blasted with OOGA-CHAKA OOGA-CHAKA. It scared the everliving daylights out of me. Curious about the strange opening I listened to the remainder of the song and the DJ said it was the "Ooga-Chaka Song"

Hooked on a Feeling, by Blue Swede

The video that you chose is from the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack which brought it back into current play. That whole soundtrack is good- I like it better than the second one.

Although this one was on the second...

This could be in the art that inspires a chronicle. If you wanted to run a proper cosmic horror chronicle, you could show the players this (and run it at the beginning of every session as a trigger reminder). Uses some of the lines as prompts or keylines behind several sessions. It would be appropriate space and horror.

I've been looking for some background music for a Halloween one shot I'm working on and this album is a good contender. Grass and Tree are personal favorites of mine, but this is the first time I've listened to the rest of the album.

Selected Ambient Works II Full Album, by Aphex Twin

I've been looking for some background music for a Halloween one shot I'm working on and this album is a good contender. Grass and Tree are personal favorites of mine, but this is the first time I've listened to the rest of the album.

Selected Ambient Works II Full Album, by Aphex Twin

A classic. I bought this for my future wife when we first started dating as she was a big Aphex Twin fan too.

Listening to some trippy drones by Charlemagne Palestine and MV Carbon on Kill Rock Stars. Palestine is a minimalist composer going back the late 60s/70s.

Voices of Music performing Bach's Air on the G String, which is actually a rather nice baroque piece

. . . Even though the title sounds like it wouldn't be out of place at Spearmint Rhino.

Listening to the Black Parade. A lot of the bands in this genre didn't appeal to me, but I like their sound, the theatrics of the singer and Ray Toro's guitar playing and sensibilities (when I've heard him in interviews it sounds like he has very similar tastes in guitar to me):

Any time someone says they're a Green Day fan, I ask if they know the lyrics to this song...

Okay, it is a video. However you can look at the flat image. It was like a spy movie image - and the music goes with that idea. I always like action/adveture spy games, usually with Spy-Fi elements (or supernatural)..

There is follow up, to a more modern piece

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back