What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
And she's not even Scottish? Excellent player though, and so damn young. Damn kids!

Oh, and since its a post about bagpipes, this is required in my response:

There are few sounds funnier than a dying bagpipe.

I remember when I worked at the university radio station and a caller insisted to me that this song was by The Butthole Surfers because that was the tag on the MP3 they got from Napster.
I was a dj at my university radio station for a semester. I loved it. Kind of fulfilled a dream I had as a kid that had been spoiled by a job suitability test that told me I’d be bored and unchallenged as a dj. It was fun, I probably would have gotten bored, but I did enjoy hearing all the new music very early. They’d give us a stack of cds to listen to and pick the ones we thought were good. I picked Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson two weeks before it hit huge and wanted to be played every 5 minutes by all of the 12 year olds calling the station.

I remember when I worked at the university radio station and a caller insisted to me that this song was by The Butthole Surfers because that was the tag on the MP3 they got from Napster.
I saw them on this tour with Ween, it was a great show.

Nothing quite soothes the soul as a bit of booze and your favorite band at volumes that are legit dangerous to your hearing and thrashing about like no one will ever see or know.

Nothing quite soothes the soul as a bit of booze and your favorite band at volumes that are legit dangerous to your hearing and thrashing about like no one will ever see or know.

Crank it up, motherfuckers! \m/

And yes, I was doing that as well this last weekend. Pissing the family off....whoopsie.

I was a dj at my university radio station for a semester. I loved it. Kind of fulfilled a dream I had as a kid that had been spoiled by a job suitability test that told me I’d be bored and unchallenged as a dj. It was fun, I probably would have gotten bored, but I did enjoy hearing all the new music very early. They’d give us a stack of cds to listen to and pick the ones we thought were good. I picked Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson two weeks before it hit huge and wanted to be played every 5 minutes by all of the 12 year olds calling the station.

Most commercial DJs are poorly paid and have zero job security. Better if you can get a position at a state broadcaster like the BBC, CBC or the Australian equivalent (can't recall the name but they have a good rep in the sector).

Most commercial DJs are poorly paid and have zero job security. Better if you can get a position at a state broadcaster like the BBC, CBC or the Australian equivalent (can't recall the name but they have a good rep in the sector).
Yes, my cousin in law is a manager for a dozen or so country music stations, and I am quite aware of how poorly they are paid. It is no longer the payola days where people would get houses built off of bribes. We don’t have state broadcasters really in the US.

King Missile is great.

If I had Elon Musk money, I'd make a good radio station with hookers and black jack...

Radio is so lame these days, with so many stations just part of a huge network of pablum pushers. I miss when radio stations had real DJs that played music instead of canned DJs and idiotic syndicated morning shows.

It makes me so happy for my tablet and monster micro SD cards when I'm in the car and I have the best program director ever making the selections. :hehe:

I find it really hard to explore music from other lands (Canada and the UK don't count :tongue: ). Every now and then though I get exposed to foreign bands, but with the exception of the rare non-English hit (99 Red Balloons, Major Tom etc) it is mostly through sound tracks. More recently Youtube has been a help in this field when the algorithm cooperates.

Courtesy of Heavy Metal I heard Trust with Prefabricated, and then years later I found it in the original French on Youtube. Oddly I suspect they wrote it for English as the lyrics seem to flow better than in French.

and in French

Thanks to Black Hawk Down, I heard Rachid Taha from Algeria

I saw this...

... and that led to this...

King of Elflands Daughter, by Loot The Body

The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald, by The Longest Johns

Yowza. Never heard this song before. Fully R-rated video in link. Fantastic.
The cat version (in the comments) on YouTube is a bit safer.

Yowza. Never heard this song before. Fully R-rated video in link. Fantastic.
The cat version (in the comments) on YouTube is a bit safer.

Yeah, it was really popular back in the day- loved that song.

Not actually listening to it, but this seemed like the place to bring it up:

If the Stranglers had been into Stephen Donaldson, would their 1977 album No More Heroes have had a song "Bring on the Ur-Viles"?

Stranglers_-_No_More_Heroes_album_cover.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back