What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

A Fiery Flying Roll

Hating Dungeons and Dragons before it was cool
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought we needed one of these threads. It's a tradition, or an old charter, or something.

I am currently listening to Hank Williams sr. To the disgust of my partner, who despises country with a passion.

The History of England from the Tudors to the Stuarts, from TMS.

What?

I mostly keep swinging between blues, hard rock, heavy metal and doom/stoner, with the odd foray into classical.

YouTube link tax: I think this is doom/stoner? It kind of inches into power metal territory, maybe, which I don't usually dig. Whatever. It's good.

I have a pandora station that I seeded with tool, godsmack, and Pearl Jam, then later added Richie Havens and a few others - that's my background music channel. Pleasant and doesn't require a lot of attention, and handy for car singing.

For a solid two years there, hardly a week went by when I didn't listen to Wardruna, which I consider to be among the best of the folk Norse inspired work out there. I think their most recent album is their weakest, and it kind of disillusioned me, but it shouldn't detract from their earlier work.

Well, I just finished listening to the Space: 1999 first season soundtrack. Now I'm listening to the Buck Rogers in the 25th Century first season soundtrack.

Call me a sucker for groovy '70s-riffic space music.

I was on a huge Cars kick lately. I made a public playlist on Spotify, I was so engrossed.

I like Lionel. "All Night Long" is a great tune. He's actually got quite a few of them. "Easy" by the Commodores is a classic. Faith No More covered it, of all groups.

Never sure what to list for these...

For music, lately, my current playlist is largely:
Blue Oyster Cult
Electric Bonsai Band
Enigma
Laurie Anderson
Lacuna Coil
Maynard Ferguson
The Mountain Goats
VNV Nation

Also an audiobook:
For We Are Many (Bobiverse #2) by Dennis Taylor

Also about a dozen podcasts:
99% Invisible
Skeptics Guide to the Universe
Hardcore History
The Magnus Archives
Lore
Decoder Ring Theater
The Black Tapes
Wolf 359
The Gentlemen Nerds
Tanis
The Good Friends of Jackson Elias

I mostly keep swinging between blues, hard rock, heavy metal and doom/stoner, with the odd foray into classical.
Honestly this pretty much describes my tastes for the most part. That being said I've been flopping about way different genres as of late heres a couple examples.

Currently listening to the voices in my head. They're telling me to STFU.

I'm still listening to this. All day. All night. When I eat. When I exercise. When I work. When I meditate. When I'm eating Nutella. You get the idea.

The definition of an aesthete is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.

Hey! I can do that!

But I can't pronounce 'aesthete'. :sad:

I've been on a bit of a Black Sabbath kick recently. Never were so many bands indebted to so few albums by just one lineup.

Hell yes! and thank you for posting a little more of a deep cut than War Pigs, or Ironman. I mean they are both cool, but really overplayed in my neck of the woods on the local rock station. Speaking of Sabbath, one of my favorites "Into the Void"

I've taken a break from my anime silliness to enjoy the soothing, dulcet tones of heavy construction work.

Right outside my window. Since 0700 this morning. On a Saturday. While I'm hung over.

I'm totally into this shit!

I thought we needed one of these threads. It's a tradition, or an old charter, or something.

I am currently listening to Hank Williams sr. To the disgust of my partner, who despises country with a passion.

I enjoy Volbeat's cover of this song as I enjoy many, many cover songs.
I generally lean towards metal/hard rock but I've also been bouncing around a bit lately. Rap, classic rock, eighties synth, whatever.

Hell yes! and thank you for posting a little more of a deep cut than War Pigs, or Ironman. I mean they are both cool, but really overplayed in my neck of the woods on the local rock station. Speaking of Sabbath, one of my favorites "Into the Void"

Just for that, here's a song for you (yes I know that's David Coverdale's catch phrase).

Ah, one of my favorites! Or as I like to call it, "the Eclipse Phase theme song" ;)

I enjoy Volbeat's cover of this song as I enjoy many, many cover songs.
I generally lean towards metal/hard rock but I've also been bouncing around a bit lately. Rap, classic rock, eighties synth, whatever.

As long as we're talking covers, Volbeat's is nice, though I confess I'm partial to Orange Goblin's:

Sabbath, Volbeat, and Orange Goblin? This thread and you people are made of win!!!:smile:
Let me keep things the same and at the same time throw a changeup.

One of my good friends and I found each other because I was playing Faeries wear boots. Some of us like the deeper Black Sabbath cuts :smile:

I was helping my friend clean his garage and found a CD by a local thrash metal band called DEADLANDS. I still have a CD player in my car and I've been really enjoying the album. It's even got a Cthulhu-ish song. The embed is the title track about the coming cyberpunk dystopia.

There's a surprising number of Elric songs out there. Moorcock even co-wrote the lyrics for this one.

There's a surprising number of Elric songs out there. Moorcock even co-wrote the lyrics for this one.

The Hawkwind one I posted was part performed by Mike. And he's good friends with Dave Brock, too. Other Moorcock collborations with Hawkwind in
OK if we are talking Moorcock and BOC this is a must

But this is one of my favorites by BOC

Veteran of the Psychc Wars is my all time favourite BoC track.

As for Moorcock, he's got a long history with various rock bands. From writing with BoC to touring with Hawkwind as well as writing with and being good friends with Dave Brock. And check this out. Words by Moorcock, voice by Brian Blessed.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back