What are you listening to?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I'll take your synthwave and blend it into some techno - which is really pulling at me to do run some Cyberpunk games...

"Bullet"

"Fame Game" - Syntax

Wrong. Cyberpunk requires a jazz soundtrack, something ageless and haunting that comes from deep within like Billie Holiday or Thelonius Monk.

Wrong. Cyberpunk requires a jazz soundtrack, something ageless and haunting that comes from deep within like Billie Holiday or Thelonius Monk.
That, plus Prodigy, Rammstein, Nine Inch Nails, The Buzzcocks, Orbital, Aphex Twin, The Cure, Gary Numan and most importantly, Body Count.

Mormons believe in Mormon Jesus

(I mean no offense to any actual Mormons on this site)

Mormons believe in Mormon Jesus

(I mean no offense to any actual Mormons on this site)

That cartoon is hilarious but comes from a Fundamentalist anti-Mormon propaganda 'documentary'.

That cartoon is hilarious but comes from a Fundamentalist anti-Mormon propaganda 'documentary'.

I know the documentary was bullshit propaganda, which makes the parody of it even funnier.

"Hey Zak, want me to show you the holler where I grew up?"

*grins and sharpens hunting knife*

Seriously though, I need to get my mind off the recent unpleasantness and instead think positively. I'm going to decompress and listen to some relaxing bluegrass and country music, and if you guys want, I can share some songs.

I'm just really upset by all this and I need to relax. Listening to good music and focusing on creative projects will do the trick.

Here's another soothing song, it's classic soul music and not bluegrass but it's still awesome and it is featured in the in-game soundtrack for my Grand Theft Auto VI concept, played on the radio station "K-Billy: Super Sounds of the 70's"

Last edited:
Monty Python's Holy Grail is on Netflix so... I figured The Galaxy Song from The Meaning of Life was appropriate:

Also Doc Sammy Doc Sammy I figured you might like the original Camouflage:

Through the soundtracks for In the Mood for Love and Kung fu Hustle I discovered the cool, jazzy pop singers of 60s Hong Kong. Some of my Chinese-Canadian friends shared their collections with me but I lost them when my backup drive failed.

Voros, you sent me on a dive back into Stephen Chow films all week (rewatching ones I had seen and watching ones I had never got around to seeing). From Beijing with Love was awesome by the way. I noticed a lot of things I had missed in Kung Fu Hustle this time around. One thing I noticed about this song in the film, when they play it at the Ice Cream stand, is how much all the sound and dialogue is clearly in sync with the flow of the song. When they open the cash box, it makes a thud that contributes to the overall rhythm. This is one of the things I love about Hong Kong cinema is the way the music, emotional beats and visuals all come together. Another thing, which might not hold up on further scrutiny, is all the characters in KFH who display looney toons like behavior (getting splatted against a wall for exmample) always seem to turn out to be martial arts experts.

Voros, you sent me on a dive back into Stephen Chow films all week (rewatching ones I had seen and watching ones I had never got around to seeing). From Beijing with Love was awesome by the way. I noticed a lot of things I had missed in Kung Fu Hustle this time around. One thing I noticed about this song in the film, when they play it at the Ice Cream stand, is how much all the sound and dialogue is clearly in sync with the flow of the song. When they open the cash box, it makes a thud that contributes to the overall rhythm. This is one of the things I love about Hong Kong cinema is the way the music, emotional beats and visuals all come together. Another thing, which might not hold up on further scrutiny, is all the characters in KFH who display looney toons like behavior (getting splatted against a wall for exmample) always seem to turn out to be martial arts experts.

The sound design in HK films is very sophisticated and underappreciated.

Been listening to this song on repeat while I make OC's for Grand Theft Auto using a Flash-based Character Creator program originally meant for making your own Sailor Moon OC's.

Last edited:
You're about to witness the strength of street knowledge...

What is best in life?

I dunno, but whatever it is, I'm sure this is the soundtrack for it.

Apparently they're currently in Canada recording an album.
Here's my previous post on this thread with their 2 released singles:
Speaking of Mongolian Throat singing, I recently came across this band...

Edit: One of these days I'm going to actually read that "Learn Mongolian" book I have and be able to understand what they're saying without subtitles.

I'm listening to music in the background while working from home, and Deezer just went from AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" to Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now." That gave me some whiplash.

Currently listening to Catchy Song on near infinite loop. Try it. You'll never get it out of your head.

Stepping (ever so slightly) out of the prog-ghetto for a moment to share the tune I drove to work with:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back