What are you watching?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
You can watch Black Christmas '74 for free with ads on tubitv.com. I think the new one is available on Netflix?

The newest one was out in theaters end of last year, so likely not on Netflix yet. There was one from 2006. It's not on Netflix USA, but might be in other regions

If you mean the Netflix animation, I found it to be boring.

I only saw the first three so far, but I was entertained. I liked that every side was well developed in motivation and sympathetic while still being understandably monstrous.

I only saw the first three so far, but I was entertained. I liked that every side was well developed in motivation and sympathetic while still being understandably monstrous.

I was expecting more. It felt like a wrestling ppv pre-show that doesn't have any matches on it. I've never played the games or anything, but I was expecting more than what we got.

I was expecting more. It felt like a wrestling ppv pre-show that doesn't have any matches on it. I've never played the games or anything, but I was expecting more than what we got.

I'm guessing the new episodes haven't gotten to Belmont storming the castle then?

I'm guessing the new episodes haven't gotten to Belmont storming the castle then?

If you mean Dracula's Castle, then no. Of course, I didn't know Season 2 was out (I saw Season 1 after it came out, but never got a notification from Netflix that new episodes were available). I might check out Season 2, but not anytime soon

If you mean Dracula's Castle, then no. Of course, I didn't know Season 2 was out (I saw Season 1 after it came out, but never got a notification from Netflix that new episodes were available). I might check out Season 2, but not anytime soon

S1 was just 3 episodes correct? Yeah there's a s2, or at least additional episodes out now I believe

hmm, maybe I didnt even finish s1 then

The newest one was out in theaters end of last year, so likely not on Netflix yet. There was one from 2006. It's not on Netflix USA, but might be in other regions

Black Christmas is on Shudder.com, including a commentary by Joe Bob Briggs.

Excited to see the new season of Fargo.

Watched the latest episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow. I didn't care for it. It's the conclusion of a 5-part crossover with 4 shows that I don't watch. It's 10 minutes into the episode before any of the Legends characters even show up, and they're relegated to being side characters for most of it. The bit with Rory's book signing was funny, though.

ETA: Also enjoyed Marv Wolfman's cameo.

Last edited:
Started watching Star Wars Rebels with my son. Just saw the first two episodes tonight. I'm not really fond of the weird animation style, but so far it's better than any of the recent movies. The main characters remind me of a Star Wars RPG crew. I also like that it takes place in the only Star Wars era I enjoy.
5b609a94077719000192dd27-image_cf9fcd7f.jpeg
star-wars-ghost.jpg

Rebels gets better as it goes along. There’s some very cool stuff in the last two seasons.

Rebels might be he best Star Wars since the OT. It starts out light and fun, but by the end, the room gets a bit dusty and some can get in your eye.

Watched the latest episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow. I didn't care for it. It's the conclusion of a 5-part crossover with 4 shows that I don't watch. It's 10 minutes into the episode before any of the Legends characters even show up, and they're relegated to being side characters for most of it. The bit with Rory's book signing was funny, though.

ETA: Also enjoyed Marv Wolfman's cameo.

Sarah and Ray are in it from the first part (Supergirl), and Constantine is in from part 2. There's an alt version of Rory too. Sarah makes a side comment about how she promised the Legends no more crossovers (which is a running joke from last years crossover). The joke pops up once or twice during the crossover. I think they learned from the Invasion crossover that too many characters means too many characters have little to nothing to do

You missed out by only watching the end. There are numerous cameos (Robert Wuhl from the original Batman movies, Burt Ward's Dick Grayson, Huntress from the original Birds of Prey tv show, the flash from the 90's tv show, Brandon Routh's Superman, Smallville's Clark & Lois, Kevin Conroy's Batman), which was pretty cool.

I'm not at the end yet, but some of the changes they made to the story was interesting.

On Season 2 of the Expanse. Particularly liked the way they treat Mormons, with the colony ship going to a distant star, I could see that working in the future.

After Crisis on Infinite Earths, I decided to check out Terminator: Dark Fate. I didn't think it was that bad. It was better than Genysys. Now back to catching up on Magnum and Hawaii Five-0

A very interesting in-depth interview with Benmont Tench, who, in addition to being a uniquely gifted keyboardist, is amazingly eloquent and engaging:

I wonder if it will be as good as the Murder She Wrote/Magnum PI crossover...

gm08vwy6bqj11.jpg
Bah! Everything pales beside the team-up between Thomas Magnum and Rick and A.J. Simon:
b670ebe04d77ad7d1c190aefb7ea1f1a.jpg

So the Hawaii Five-0/Magnum crossover was ok, but nothing amazing. The basic plot was the two casts working together to prevent the late Wo Fat's wife from getting her hands on a noc list of double agents working for the CIA in China. The two casts work well together, but it was more of the same for both shows. Given both casts have characters who were Navy Seals, covert stuff happens more than once during a season all ready. It also wasn't as good as the crossovers NCIS did in the past between the different shows.

Now I'm watching some rpg review videos on the Questing Beast channel, as I needed a break from regular movies/tv episodes for a bit

On Season 2 of the Expanse. Particularly liked the way they treat Mormons, with the colony ship going to a distant star, I could see that working in the future.

It is a great idea that doesn’t really get explored too deeply unfortunately.

Watched the uncut Tammy and the T-Rex on Shudder. Usually attempts to make self-consciously ‘bad’ or campy films in the 90s fail utterly but here it works because it captures that Waters/Morrissey-Warhol vibe crossed with a drive-in movie.

Started watching Star Wars Rebels with my son. Just saw the first two episodes tonight. I'm not really fond of the weird animation style, but so far it's better than any of the recent movies. The main characters remind me of a Star Wars RPG crew. I also like that it takes place in the only Star Wars era I enjoy.
Supposedly Rebels drew no small amount of inspiration from the WEG RPG books.

Also, here, have a fan-supplement for the show.

I finally got around to watching Midsommar.
Mixed feelings... it was disturbing but also annoying.
Subtle and creepy and weirdfunny (absurd)... but too heavy handed with its caricature dudebros.
Maybe I missed something... there's a second couple of outsiders who behave in much more plausible fashion, but they're NOT the story the movie is interested in telling... they're in the ordinary horror version of the tale. Instead it focuses on an allegory about victimized women who refuse to see what jerks their boyfriends are? But are saved by kooky religious experiences? I dunno...

Supposedly Rebels drew no small amount of inspiration from the WEG RPG books.

Also, here, have a fan-supplement for the show.
I came across that but haven't downloaded it.

We're on episode 9 or 10 now. There were a couple I intend to swipe for "Star Wars '78": the one where they need to pick up fuel/supplies and there's some abandoned base full of darkness-dwelling monsters was good for gaming, as was the one where they try to infiltrate a prison to rescue a Jedi (who turns out to be dead and the whole scenario was a trap).

My biggest problem with the animation seems to be the faces on human characters looking so weird. I don't get why they chose to do that when everything else looks very good, especially the spaceships.

The only thing about the stories themselves that I don't much like is the kid being yet another precocious Force user. I would've like it better if Canaan (is that his name?) were a surviving Jedi leading his little Rebel cell and the kid were just a normal kid.

Also, just out of curiosity, is there supposed to be some Biblical allusion vis-à-vis the use of the names Canaan, Ezra, and Zeb (Zebediah)? If there is, I missed the significance.

Watched the uncut Tammy and the T-Rex on Shudder. Usually attempts to make self-consciously ‘bad’ or campy films in the 90s fail utterly but here it works because it captures that Waters/Morrissey-Warhol vibe crossed with a drive-in movie.

Having a hard time seeing the names T. Rex, Waters, Morrissey, and Warhol in close proximity without thinking of Marc Bolan, the Pink Floyd, the Smiths, and the Dandy Warhols...in the back of my mind Syd Barrett and Marc Bolan are conjuring up some bizarre glam rock fairytale song suite.

I have Vinegar Syndrome’s 4K release of this, it (Denise Richards) looks absolutely gorgeous.

Rob

Binged half of Killjoys Season 4 last night. On a sci-fi kick, since I'm trying to plan a game of Esper Genesis

Watched the new blu of Hammer's Demons of the Mind. Sykes and Wicking rip into the traditional Gothic, revealing its bloody, diseased heart. One of my favourite Hammers with a counterculture sensibility, healthy doses of perverse sexuality and shocking gore with a completely nihilistic 70s ending.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back