What are you watching?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Decided to finish off FBI: International today. Now I'm finally diving into season 2 of Stargirl. Casting Jim Gaffigan as the voice of the Thunderbolt Genie was pure genius.

It's honestly the only one after the first one that I liked. Predator 1, Predators, and it seems Prey show the narrowness of the concept and why there shouldn't really be 'sequels'; it's best when the predator is a force of nature and the movie is treated like a horror/thriller, more than an action movie. Same with the Alien franchise, though I think it has more legs if you explore the human/corporate side more, though I think Alien 3 is still underrated.

Is that the new Shazam?
It's the Black Adam movie, Black Adam being a Shazam villain/anti-hero. But yeah, it's basically the new Shazam with extra steps. Rumours are it's setting up a Justice Society of America DC universe, rather than the later (in comics publishing chronology) Justice League stuff, which objectively sucked and died on its arse in the cinema.

Last edited:
subjectively perhaps? I quite liked ZSJL and it was a lot more coherent than JWJL
Yeah, that was mostly hyperbole. But the films definitely failed in the goal of launching a DC version of the MCU, even though I liked the extended version of BvS. I've never tackled the Snyder cut as it's very long and I'm not sure the pay-off would be worth it.

subjectively perhaps? I quite liked ZSJL and it was a lot more coherent than JWJL

well, if you skip the last half hour at least...

It was like 4 hours of an amazing film with a batshit-insane student film project tacked/fever dream on after the end.

But I do mean amazin; it is astounding how from the same raw materials Snyder was ale to craft something completely unlike Whedon's coffin nail for the DCEU and his career. It is over-indulgent and excessive, and glorious. A once-in-a-lifetime thing that completely rescued ....well, sadly, something that had already drowned.

Good season for my tastes.

Currently watching (with the Missus):

The Boys Season 3. Still hasn't lost its way and is as gloriously over the top as ever.

Outlawz Season 2. Further proof that Stephen Marchant was the funny one.

Looking forward to Sandman as well.

Yeah, that was mostly hyperbole. But the films definitely failed in the goal of launching a DC version of the MCU, even though I liked the extended version of BvS. I've never tackled the Snyder cut as it's very long and I'm not sure the pay-off would be worth it.
It's nicely segregated so you don't have to watch the whole thing in one sitting.

It was like 4 hours of an amazing film with a batshit-insane student film project tacked/fever dream on after the end.

But I do mean amazin; it is astounding how from the same raw materials Snyder was ale to craft something completely unlike Whedon's coffin nail for the DCEU and his career. It is over-indulgent and excessive, and glorious. A once-in-a-lifetime thing that completely rescued ....well, sadly, something that had already drowned.
I actually never watched that last part after the ending. I should, so I can see what you're talking about, but it seemed like it wasn't even the same movie.

Just finished Halo. I liked some of the beats, but don't think it came together well enough to be considered anything but handwavy on the plot points.

Just finished Stargirl. Very interesting direction going on at the end. Was that Mr. Bones in the end credits scene?

Obi wan - solid. I like it
The boys - reminds me of how broken I am. Love it laughed so hard at the first wtf scene of this season that I might have hurt something.
Strange new worlds - goddamn. It’s like trek returned. I missed you and your hope, trek.

Just finished Stargirl. Very interesting direction going on at the end. Was that Mr. Bones in the end credits scene?
I unexpectedly liked Stargirl. Glad that it survived the purge of CWDC shows.

I started watching Tom Swift. It reminds me a lot of Black Lightning in the production (which was one of the weaker parts of Black Lightning). Hopefully as time goes on, the story will make up for that.

Up to date with the fourth season of Stranger Things, now I'm just waiting for the last two episodes to drop next month.
Watching the next Obi-Wan Kenobi epsiode tomorrow with my son.
Tonight I just watched the first two episodes of the third season of The Boys, and yeah, heh heh, it's still a wild trip :shade:

This was not on my radar. Now it is.

Yup, that looks awesome.
Ok, looks like we finally might have a Predator movie this millenium that doesn't suck.

Historical Predator movies are an untapped well. Samurai, Vikings, Spartans, Neanderthals, Bigfoot/Yeti. There's a ton of stuff they could do.

Of course they still could do Predator III and bring back Dutch and Harrigan.

They should put the Snyder cut back in the theaters. Glorious is the perfect adjective.

I unexpectedly liked Stargirl. Glad that it survived the purge of CWDC shows.
My favorite used to be Legends of Tomorrow, but that ship sailed seasons ago (as did The Flash before it). Stargirl remains well done, and I hope it continues to do so. I guess having Geoff Johns (who co-created Stargirl for the comics) kind of helps.

I finished off the last episodes of Star Wars: Visions and Love, Death and Robots. The Love, Death and Robots episode made no sense to me. Visions was one of those shows were I felt the spent showing all these Jedi, Sith etc (when most episodes are set after the fall of the Republic), and it didn't really work for me.

I also checked out some episodes of Oat Studios, and realized that two of the three episodes I watched I had seen before. Only two of those left to go before I finish them all. Think I might check out that new Netflix movie Interceptor after that

I just watched Belfast. It's a simple story but very beautifully executed. And by sheer coincidence I started reading Lost Horizon yesterday, so when the story was mentioned, for once I immediately knew what they were talking about.

My favorite used to be Legends of Tomorrow, but that ship sailed seasons ago
I still liked LoT and thought this last season was really good. I liked the fact that they leaned heavy into the comics stuff.

I still liked LoT and thought this last season was really good. I liked the fact that they leaned heavy into the comics stuff.
I've been having trouble getting into the last season. I think I've only watched 5 episodes so far. It's not horrible, but it isn't really grabbing me like I had hoped.

I watched Interceptor yesterday. It does nothing new, but it was enjoyable. Then I watched The Irishman, which was way too long. After that, I checked out Long Shot, which was really good.

I'm now diving into the remake of the 4400, as I enjoyed the original.

I'm now diving into the remake of the 4400, as I enjoyed the original.
I liked it, but it's definitely a different beast. Just so you know going in... it's been canceled.

I liked it, but it's definitely a different beast. Just so you know going in... it's been canceled.
Yeah, I was aware it got cancelled. I just noticed the whole season was on the CW app/Roku Channel, so I figured it would be the next CW series I'd watch after Stargirl. I'm on the 3rd episode, and definitely see how different it is from the original. It seems a bit more grounded.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back