What cooking equipment do you find most useful?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
So, what do I actually use:
  • I use up to about 3 pots - I've got a non-stick pot and some stainless ones. About 5 pots in total, but the bottom is de-laminating off one.
  • I've got a non-stick frying pan and a stainless steel one, plus an omelette pan that often gets used for omelettes or pancakes.
  • We got a wok, but the handle is too heavy and it keeps falling over, so I'll probably just bin it. It's made somewhere in England, so go figure.
  • A cheap travel rice cooker we got in Indonesia. This is compact and doesn't take up a lot of bench space.
  • We have a Vitamix blender that I got from Costco, but that's gone to Indonesia.
  • I've got a big pyrex jug and a measuring jug.
  • I've got a kitchen knife set and a santoku. Of those, the medium size cooks knifes and santoku get used; I could get by with the just the santoku or one of the cook's knives. Occasionally the big chef's knife gets used if I have to cut something large. Also paring knives or the little ceramic Kyocera. I'd be OK with a medium knife, a big knife and a paring knife.
  • I've got a 1000/3000 sharpening stone and a ceramic hone for the knives.
  • I use a spoon, a slotted spoon, a ladle and a couple of spatulas, plus a big wide spatula occasionally.
  • A cheese grater and a ginger grater.
  • A mixing bowl.
  • A stock pot. This will make a decent batch of stock or about 3kg of Rendang.
  • A colander
  • A sieve
  • A cutting board
  • A cheese slicer.
  • A silicone spatter cover for the frying pans.
  • A few other bowls and plates that occasionally get used.
  • A pack of 4 of those cheap plastic potato peelers that work better than any fancy one.
  • A grilling tray that came with the oven.
  • A kettle
  • A toaster
I think that's everything in the kitchen that actually gets used. We also have a little cast iron skillet that my other half used to use quite a bit, but I never used it much. There is a bit of other junk that doesn't get used.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back