What did you buy recently/what are you playing?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
Thought we should have a general thread here for posting and discussing recent games.

My wife and I recently picked up Dreamwell. It was on sale and we know the artist who did all the art for the game, she is a well known rock n' roll poster artist.

Played one game so far and it was fun, it has options to extend play by flipping the tiles and a 'nightmare mode' that we will try out soon.

download.jpeg dreamwell-16-800x489.jpg img_2012-copy-copy.jpg

Well, I already posted about The Three Musketeers: The Queen' s Pendants over in the board games thread.

Other than that, I got a badly beat up copy of the Boot Hill module Lost Conquistador Mine. I have it sitting under a huge, heavy unabridged dictionary to flatten it out so I can read it. Then I'd like to run it. Maybe even on here somehow if anybody is interested in a straight Western.

My wife and I played our first game of Memoir 44' and luckily she enjoyed it! Course she won. Looking forward to playing more of it.

IMG_4715.jpg

When you actually get it laid out it actually plays very simply, especially because you start with just infantry units for the first battle.

Just got the Darkest Night 2nd Edtion and Walking Dead: No Sanctuary Kickstarters.

Walking Dead is a really neat game, probably going to quickly take the place of Last Night on Earth and Zombicide for me. Done three solo games to work through the rules. Starting to get it now.

I picked up Forbidden Island and Harbour to play with my family. Both games are fun and visually appealing.

Rising Sun Kickstarter rewards are going out, and I just recieved my tracking number, so should be here in a week ore so. Really looking forward to this one, the minis are gorgeous and the gameplay looks very fun, like a cross between Diplomacy and Risk.

2cd0aa3ff96e7481bcd24a8e0e46041e_original.png

40dd561989ec4cbd0a067852bed4230b_original.png

River-Dragon-1.jpg

0ca159f73f4d9f2227a5d9d4d935c187.jpg

Rising-Sun-1.jpg

I picked up Wabbit Wampage, Blackbeard and Monsters Menace America on the secondary market. Now to get them to the table.

Rising Sun Kickstarter rewards are going out, and I just recieved my tracking number, so should be here in a week ore so. Really looking forward to this one, the minis are gorgeous and the gameplay looks very fun, like a cross between Diplomacy and Risk.

2cd0aa3ff96e7481bcd24a8e0e46041e_original.png

40dd561989ec4cbd0a067852bed4230b_original.png

River-Dragon-1.jpg

0ca159f73f4d9f2227a5d9d4d935c187.jpg

Rising-Sun-1.jpg
Looks awesome. Were it not for the fantasy elements I'd be interested in that. Of course, my kids would be inadvertently snapping swords and spears off all the little pieces like what happened to the poor Roman legionnaires from Conquest of the Empire.

I picked up Forbidden Island and Harbour to play with my family. Both games are fun and visually appealing.
Played both. FI is great with the kids. Harbour is nice and good for travel.

I picked up Wabbit Wampage, Blackbeard and Monsters Menace America on the secondary market. Now to get them to the table.
Which version of Blackbeard?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back