What happens if a vampire bites another vampire?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

E-Rocker

Not a goose
Reaction score
Curious for your takes on what would happen if one vampire bit another. Whether it's your own idea of what would happen, or what's prescribed to happen in your rule system of choice, I would love your feedback. Thanks!

In Vampire the masquerade, Vampire blood is addicting and creates a bond for the drinker. Elder Vampires of a higher potence can only gain sustenance from vampire blood.

As a vampire doesn't produce their own fresh blood, for another vampire it would be equivalent to drinking vomit
Awww, it'd be like one vampire feeding another vampire like a baby bird. Imagine vampires taking care of their injured and lame by letting them feed, literally giving of themselves. Isn't the night strange and wonderful?

Clearly it results in the creation of a double-vampire, which can only sustain itself through giving its blood away to needy mortals. For this reason it is standard medical practice to keep several around at major hospitals and at least one with type O at smaller satellite clinics (although some double-vampires run their own shadier operations out of back alleys, for a price).

If your interested from a mechanical take (albeit on the home-brewed side)
played a oneshot Gurps VtM dungeon crawl on a on a ghost ship this Halloween. All the antagonists were ghosts and only one character in our party could feed off ghosts. Essentially we used the character as a heal-bot whenever his blood pool was nearing full (from all the ghost eating) one of the other the party members would take a nip to replenish theirs. So to answer your question it results in the fed off of vampire actually surviving the dungeon and the other three members dying along the way (although one did come back as a ghost).

Can't recall which vampire novel this comes from but there's the idea of 'nesting' which is that when vampires feed on each other they degenerate, become even more insane and inhuman and don't leave their lair, feeding and feeding on each other.

White Wolf's "Vampire" line has specific rules about it (as others have said). I haven't seen it addressed mechanically in any other game, but that doesn't mean that it hasn't been. "True Blood" (the show) and some other movies and TV shows use it as a natural part of sex between vampires.

Outside of White Wolf games, if vampires pop up in games I GM, they are more likely to follow the old pre-19th century folklore. They are just a type of revenant that drinks blood. They wouldn't bit other vampires because they wouldn't be a good source of blood.

Outside of White Wolf vampires, I think the real question is why would a vampire bite another vampire? It would be interesting to have a coven of weaker vampires who go out into the world and feed on fresh blood, only to retreat to their lair and be preyed on by their gluttonous vampire lord or lady. They wish they could just leave him/her, but the vampire lord/lady has them all in thrall, and where a feeding might have kept them satiated for weeks before, now they must prowl every night to keep their hunger at bay.

They might even purposefully lead a vampire hunter or group of adventurers back to the lair, hoping they can rid the coven of their own parasite.

Clearly it results in the creation of a double-vampire, which can only sustain itself through giving its blood away to needy mortals. For this reason it is standard medical practice to keep several around at major hospitals and at least one with type O at smaller satellite clinics (although some double-vampires run their own shadier operations out of back alleys, for a price).

I feel there was a shitty anime about something like this...

Aha, I knew I could track it down. You thought I was just joking about a shitty anime:

In Glorantha, the attacking Vampire would suffer Vivamort's curse and not be able to regenerate, so would slowly die. Vimaort doesn;t like his vampires feeding from each other.

In other settings, the Vampire would probably be sustained by the other Vampire's blood. Lestat did it when he fed from one of the First Ones.

I thought of this thread because my players are currently raiding Castle Dracula to kill him and his three brides (one down, as of last night!), and one PC is a vampire. But the situation of vampire-biting-vampire hasn't come up in game. Yet...

I thought of this thread because my players are currently raiding Castle Dracula to kill him and his three brides (one down, as of last night!), and one PC is a vampire. But the situation of vampire-biting-vampire hasn't come up in game. Yet...
I recommend the vomit solution from the first answer:grin:!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back