What IP/games would you like to see?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I almost bought the Dune RPG at Gen Con when it released. Now it is over $300 used. I still have the Last Unicorn catalog with all the books planned for the line that were never released.

I just need to get to the alternate universe where Firefly wasn't cancelled, Ronnie James Dio didn't die of cancer, the Dune RPG flourished, and Scooby Doo was a zombie survival cartoon.

lDDIyMm.jpg
I've been there, it's not all its cracked up to be. The second season of Firefly is kind of a disappointment. The runaway success of the show causes most of the cast to move on to movies after the first season. Adam Baldwin and Sean Mahar are the only actors that come back, so they retool the show as a mismatched roommates sitcom where Jayne and Simon have to share a cramped apartment on future Earth. Badger is their neighbor. Shenanigans ensue.

The zombie version of Scooby Doo runs as long at The Walking Dead and frustrates its fans just as much.

(I started to make a joke about Ronnie James Dio renouncing rock in 2014 and becoming an advocate for censorship, but that felt blasphemous.)

I've been there, it's not all its cracked up to be. The second season of Firefly is kind of a disappointment. The runaway success of the show causes most of the cast to move on to movies after the first season. Adam Baldwin and Sean Mahar are the only actors that come back, so they retool the show as a mismatched roommates sitcom where Jayne and Simon have to share a cramped apartment on future Earth. Badger is their neighbor. Shenanigans ensue.

The zombie version of Scooby Doo runs as long at The Walking Dead and frustrates its fans just as much.

(I started to make a joke about Ronnie James Dio renouncing rock in 2014 and becoming an advocate for censorship, but that felt blasphemous.)

I'm glad you drew a line somewhere.

"On the edge of the last goodbye
We all sing - warrior
Ah the brave never die
Most unlikely"
Ronnie James Dio
upload_2018-3-6_10-27-29.jpeg

I am on board with this 100%. I love Cowboy Bebop. Wasn't their a game on dtrpg that was this with the serial numbers filed off? Or is that the d20 game your talking about?

Explicate and describe, prithee; the cover doth catch my eye, yet nary do I know of this.

It rates as one of my top fantasy series of all time, probably directly below Tolkien. It is based upon Welsh mythology, particularly the Mabinogian, but uses this as the basis for a coming of age story following the path of Taran Assistant-Pig Keeper. Taran dreams of being a heroic warrior, and the 5 books basically dumps all the harsh realities of this onto his head. He learns about sacrifice, the horrors of war, and the value of a simple life of creation and the way that warlords exploit this.

But what really what makes the series shine is the characters, which are absolutely fascinating. Eilonwy,is a smart-mouthed princess that somehow the words "spunky" or "moxie" fail utterly to capture, a complete foil to Taran who undercuts his pretensions at every word. Fflewddur Fflam is a would-be Bard with a propensity for hyperbole and "stretching the truth" that borders on clinical, so that when he was rejected from the Council of Bards as compensation he was given a harp whose strings break whenever he tells a falsehood (his character reminded me of nothing so much as Danny Kaye's character from The Court Jester). And Gurgi, which might best be described as a cross between Gollum and an Ewok, a furry dog-like creature obsessed with food who is tragically caught between the world of animals and people, fitting into neither.

This is not to mention the great villains of the series, from a bratty prince to the seductress witch Achren, all the way up to The Horned King and his legion of Cauldron-Born undead warriors, all ultimately under the thrall of Arawn, lord of Annuvin (The Otherworld).

Its a series I reread every few years. Only recently the Macmillan company has reprinted the series for its 50th Anniversary in gorgeous deluxe hardcover editions.

awwcsvfqujzdqlzr6r9j.jpg

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back