What is your current favorite version of a FASERIP clone?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Question for you who are well-versed in FASERIP: Is there a version you would recommend for someone who bounced hard off of FASERIP in their younger days? I particularly would like to either avoid any tables necessary for play or have them on a play sheet.

Question for you who are well-versed in FASERIP: Is there a version you would recommend for someone who bounced hard off of FASERIP in their younger days? I particularly would like to either avoid any tables necessary for play or have them on a play sheet.
Almost the entire game after character generation is handled by a single table. Sure you do need to know the rules a bit too. Honestly, because of its universal function, I find it is actually faster than many games (certainly faster than Mythras, D&D, and Savage Worlds)

Last edited:
...not everyone likes tables. No offense intended. I just found consulting tables slows things down.

Oh, I get it. I'm not offended. But I did like checking that chart, especially as the power levels ramped up. Seeing the green zone steadily expand until nothing was beyond your character's reach.

And honestly, after a while, the chart gets more or less memorized, and you barely have to look at it.

Oh, I get it. I'm not offended. But I did like checking that chart, especially as the power levels ramped up. Seeing the green zone steadily expand until nothing was beyond your character's reach.

And honestly, after a while, the chart gets more or less memorized, and you barely have to look at it.
When I was a teenager and had just gotten my hands on Star Frontiers and I think it was the fourth edition of Gamma World, I loved those tables, too. These days, not so much.

Icons or G-Core both replace the table

Or, you just get rid of the table and write the three scores needed beside the ability (Typical (6) 51/81/98)

Almost the entire game after character generation is handled by a single table. Sure you do need to know the rules a bit too. Honestly, because of its universal function, I find it is actually faster than many games (certainly faster than Mythras, D&D, and Savage Worlds)

Yeah, it's absolutely one of the fastest games overall, so any excess crunch possibly brought by the table is cancelled out. But, some people just can't abide tables (shrug)

I find if you play games with tables long enough you can memorize parts of them. I don’t even really need to look at DC Heroes’ tables, for instance, especially at the lower end of the scale.

All of my 4C Expanded games have a condensed Master Table on the character sheet and each of my latest books have a table with most of the pertinent combat charts on the back cover.

robot caracter sheet thumb.png4cx2.0backcov copy.jpg

I'm not a fan of tables either but honestly I found the FASERIP one a doddle to use and it's very fluid overall as it also provides gradations of the results at the same time.

all I want is 1 book that has the old marvel player's book, judge's book and ultimate power's book all edited into 1 volume. is that so much to ask for? no character write ups, just all the rules stuff.

all I want is 1 book that has the old marvel player's book, judge's book and ultimate power's book all edited into 1 volume. is that so much to ask for? no character write ups, just all the rules stuff.
It should be fairly easy to put together a copy like that for personal use.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back