What movie am I thinking of?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Simlasa

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I'm starting this to find something specific, but maybe the thread can be a general 'what movie is this?' type thing.

Reading through Symbaroum reminded me of a movie I saw a few years ago, something from northern Europe, Scandinavian I think. It was newish then.
It takes place in some historical period, near medieval, in a rural community on the edge of a huge forest.
A man is returning from school (I think) looking for his brother. There is a story of a 'troll' that has attacked people in the forest, and the brother investigates, but is skeptical of the folktales. It's a bit creepy and malevolent, no one trusts the new citified guy in town.
In the end there is no troll, the crimes are at the hands of normal human criminals.
The whole thing has a heavy atmosphere to it. Not a lot of talking. Everything feels portentous/ominous.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Thanks, I've been looking for a while but not finding.

Last edited:
Sounds a bit like The Thirteenth Warrior.

Think it may be the film Hidden (aka. Skjult). Although it isn't really a period film.

Nope, though that does look interesting and I'll have to track it down.
The one I'm thinking of isn't really a horror movie... it's more like Bad Day At Black Rock (the Spencer Tracy movie). Ominous looks from the locals and such... and it's definitely set in some older time, though I'm not sure when, 1700s or earlier I'd guess.

I'm starting to wonder if it might not be Scandanavian... though I'm not sure what other culture would blame murders in the forests on a 'troll'.

OK, new movie question (still looking for the first one).

My father is asking me about a movie with an 'alien' who has a sphere/orb/ball that he throws/roll into buildings and it will 'destroy everything in the building'. He says at the end it collapses a radio telescope... or some sort of large radar dish.
Any clues?

I am sure it is NOT any of the Phantasm movies.

My father is asking me about a movie with an 'alien' who has a sphere/orb/ball that he throws/roll into buildings and it will 'destroy everything in the building'. He says at the end it collapses a radio telescope... or some sort of large radar dish.
Any clues?

That's an easy one The Arrival with Charlie Sheen. Great flick!

Any clues?

A sphere that he throws or rolls makes it sound a little like Starman.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back