"The Eldar Came From Across The Sea, and a Land Down Under..."

Buying bread from Beorn in Carrock
He was six-foot-four all hair and muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a honey-cake sandwich
And he said...

"You come from a land with burrows,
Where beer flows and pipeweed billows,
Can't you hear, can't you hear the Nazgul?
You better run, you better take cover"

Last edited:
Buying bread from a man in Carrock
He was six-foot-four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a honey-cake sandwich
And he said...

"You come from a land with burrows,
Where beer flows and pipeweed billows,
Can't you hear, can't you hear the Nazgul?
You better run, you better take cover"
Absolutely love this, forwarding this to one of my gaming mates, this has really made my day !!!

294180656_712130836555329_5482034540288202420_n.jpg

So I started reading the Hobbit to my five year-old last night as a bedtime story. I may have underestimated his lack of grounding in the genre however, as his first question was "what's a Dwarf?" Sigh.
That's a nice way to introduce him to the genre, ain't it:shade:?

So I started reading the Hobbit to my five year-old last night as a bedtime story. I may have underestimated his lack of grounding in the genre however, as his first question was "what's a Dwarf?" Sigh.
That was me with mine about a decade ago.
Don't worry, they catch up fast; then at least one of them wants to watch your movies, read your books, and wants to game with you -
That's when you know you've aced Parenting 101 !!! :grin:

Last edited:
That was me with mine about a decade ago.
Don't worry, they catch up fast; then at least one of them wants to watch your movies, read your books, and wants to game with you -
That's when you know you've aced Parenting 101 !!! :grin:
Not to worry, my older three boys are 15, 18 and 20 and all play at least D&D and all like the same movies and shit as I do. Drives my wife bonkers. :grin:

Not to worry, my older three boys are 15, 18 and 20 and all play at least D&D and all like the same movies and shit as I do. Drives my wife bonkers. :grin:
Well, you're doing a good job parenting:thumbsup:!
So your youngest (presumably) is 15 years younger than his oldest brother? That's going to make for a fun D&D party, but I know who's going to be the cleric:shade:!

I remember when Fellowship of the Ring (the movie, not the book) came out and my daughter was around 8. She had some minimal experience with D&D and loved to roll dice, loved the concept of elves, and so on. But I was nervous about the orcs in the movie scaring her too much. I ended up doing a web search for some pics from the movie, printed them out, and showed them to her before the movie. I also explained that the orcs would probably jump out and startle her, but that they were just actors wearing makeup and I wanted to be sure she wouldn't be scared in the dark of the theater. She loved the movie and ended up going as Arwen for the next Halloween.

I think it's good to expose kids to fantasy early. :smile:

Sadly, it was a few years until they were willing to sit and listen to me read the Hobbit to them.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back