What's the worst pun, inside joke or easter egg you've found in a game?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I was running a homegrown FFG Star Wars scenario a few years back, in which the Rebel-adjacent smuggler band went to a Mid-Rim world to bid in an auction for a relic of some sort that had turned up during some deep-crust mining. The Rebellion was willing to back the venture with the smuggler as their catspaw, simply because intelligence chatter had that the Empire considered the relic a must-have at the highest levels.

The auction was set to be held at the conclusion of a three day council meeting / grand gala of the noble mining houses. The Empire was being represented by a pale man with yellow-red eyes in dark black armor, rumored to be an emissary of Lord Vader himself. The Black Sun was being represented by the smuggler's loan handler and ex-wife. During the political machinations leading up to the auction, I made sure to imply heavily what the Imperial emissary was without ever using the words "Inquisition" or "Inquisitor".
I did not expect this to not turn into a Spanish Inquisition joke.

Surprised noone's mentioned WG7 Castle Greyhawk, which is basically a series of bad puns, jokes and Easter eggs.

Surprised noone's mentioned WG7 Castle Greyhawk, which is basically a series of bad puns, jokes and Easter eggs.
Maybe because they aren't hiding? I mean it's one long parody. Kinda love it.

The abacus us your friend!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back