Where do you live 2022 edition?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I would kill to be just about anywhere but 'here.' I'd prefer an English speaking country (I'm old and don't pick up languages quickly.) But I've gotten to the point that just about any country is better than here. If I had to stay in the U.S. I'd like to move to Colorodo, California, or maybe Washington (or somewhere North and East but I don't have a huge preference there) and I loved Vancouver, BC when I was there so that wouldn't be out of sorts. Both New Zealand and Australia sound nice to me the home of my ancestors (Scotland) as well.

Being disabled and not having the option, sucks.

I would kill to be just about anywhere but 'here.' I'd prefer an English speaking country (I'm old and don't pick up languages quickly.) But I've gotten to the point that just about any country is better than here. If I had to stay in the U.S. I'd like to move to Colorodo, California, or maybe Washington (or somewhere North and East but I don't have a huge preference there) and I loved Vancouver, BC when I was there so that wouldn't be out of sorts. Both New Zealand and Australia sound nice to me the home of my ancestors (Scotland) as well.

Being disabled and not having the option, sucks.
Having had to move down the South due to work reasons, I've been miserable since. I miss the Pacific Northwest. Everytime I get out of the South, I end up back here. (sigh) The last time I left I truly thought I'd never have to return. Silly me. Also, New Zealand definitely is a place that I'd live as well.

New Zealand(Auckland I guess)
Prague
Lisbon or Porto.

Having had to move down the South due to work reasons, I've been miserable since. I miss the Pacific Northwest. Everytime I get out of the South, I end up back here. (sigh) The last time I left I truly thought I'd never have to return. Silly me. Also, New Zealand definitely is a place that I'd live as well.
I feel you...it's like a black hole.

I like specific areas in the South, I love where I live in Athens, GA for instance, nice college town. But you know, you leave the immediate area of places like that and it is a completely different place and not nearly as nice.

And well, if you can't handle the weather here it is horrible no matter what.

I like specific areas in the South, I love where I live in Athens, GA for instance, nice college town. But you know, you leave the immediate area of places like that and it is a completely different place and not nearly as nice.

And well, if you can't handle the weather here it is horrible no matter what.
Yeah, you nailed what I was trying to get at.

I don't have any issue with people knowing what city I live in currently. It's so expensive to get here even just from Ontario I'm not even remotely worried.
taken-i-will-find-you.gif

:wink:

That plus four thousand dollars might get you here. Depending on where you live.
To your credit, at least you admit you live in a remote area. People get insulted when I tell them that wherever they live is remote and rural. Just today, a loan officer and borrower got huffy with me when I told them that even though it is a town of 8,000 people and tourist destination, Mammoth Lakes is considered remote.

To your credit, at least you admit you live in a remote area. People get insulted when I tell them that wherever they live is remote and rural. Just today, a loan officer and borrower got huffy with me when I told them that even though it is a town of 8,000 people and tourist destination, Mammoth Lakes is considered remote.
Ah, one of my old haunts in the late 70's and 1980's. That and nearby June mountain. I love that area for snow skiing and backpacking.

I live in Franconia in southern Germany. It's part of Bavaria but don't say that around the locals. Really lovely area, rolling hills and limestone caves and beautiful medieval cities restored after the war.
Another one of my old haunts, in the 80's and 90's that I loved.

I just recently moved into an 82 square meter (about 883 square feet) four room apartment in Gothenburg, Sweden. Got a nice big room for my gaming/dinner table and a direct bus line that takes 15 minutes to get me to or from work. This is my third move over the past four years, but I should be able to stay here for the foreseeable future.

I'm in Bulgaria, but when/if I retire, I'd like to try moving to Brazil. I'm continuing my Portuguese lessons with this in mind.
Besides, I've said to someone from Brazil that I'm learning Portuguese...so I should really show some results when I see him next, which should be this year, hopefully (he's a super nice guy, and very nice to talk with:grin:)!

As a bonus, I just might get to meet some Brazilian Pubbers and play a game (or 10) with them:thumbsup:!

I live in Franconia in southern Germany.
I studied in Bayreuth in Franconia. Everyone I told so asked "What, they have a university?"

Stockholm, Sweden.
I'm nearby, in Uppsala. About 180 000 inhabitants and one game store, as far as I know (after the second one closed a few years ago). Pete Nash lives to the north of both of us, apparently.

Last edited:
I'm in Bulgaria, but when/if I retire, I'd like to try moving to Brazil. I'm continuing my Portuguese lessons with this in mind.
Besides, I've said to someone from Brazil that I'm learning Portuguese...so I should really show some results when I see him next, which should be this year, hopefully (he's a super nice guy, and very nice to talk with:grin:)!

As a bonus, I just might get to meet some Brazilian Pubbers and play a game (or 10) with them:thumbsup:!
Your first caipirinha is on me.

I studied in Bayreuth in Franconia. Everyone I told so asked "What, they have a university?"

I'm nearby, in Uppsala. About 180 000 inhabitants and one game store, as far as I know (after the second one closed a few years ago). Pete Nash lives to the north of both of us, apparently.
I left Uppsala in 2014, which gamestore is still up?

My wife and I killed a 24 hour drive from Oslo to Kirkenes in Finnmark two days ago, most of it through Sweden and Finland. We drove past Uppsala on the way, and I have nothing nice to say about road conditions in remote Finland.

180K and one game store sounds kind of sad. That said, I grew up in a town of about 300K that hovered around two game stores, which isn't far off. Meh.

180K and one game store sounds kind of sad. That said, I grew up in a town of about 300K that hovered around two game stores, which isn't far off.
The town I grew up in is about 13k people now (it was 9k then). And the nearest game store is 300 km away, which is far off.

Last edited:
My wife and I killed a 24 hour drive from Oslo to Kirkenes in Finnmark two days ago, most of it through Sweden and Finland. We drove past Uppsala on the way, and I have nothing nice to say about road conditions in remote Finland.

180K and one game store sounds kind of sad. That said, I grew up in a town of about 300K that hovered around two game stores, which isn't far off. Meh.
The thing with Uppsala is that it’s so close to Stockholm that you can easily take a short train trip there, go to the Science Fiction Bookstore or something and then go back home. On the other hand Uppsala has so many students that you would expect it to be able to handle an additional game store.

The thing with Uppsala is that it’s so close to Stockholm that you can easily take a short train trip there, go to the Science Fiction Bookstore or something and then go back home.
Jo, that's probably also the problem for game stores here: Going to Stockholm gives instantly a bigger selection. The city library has some RPGs, though - RuneQuest, for instance.

Heh, heh, heh:

View attachment 47492

With cones of a Monterrey pine (Pinus radiata) for scale.

lol Yeah that's a known thing with squirrels. Buggers are deadly with their aim. Back in the 1970's at Sequoia National Park\Kings Canyon one got me good. I love chipmunks they're adorable, but squirrels I almost feel about like I do about geese. They're little furry terrorists.

lol Yeah that's a known thing with squirrels. Buggers are deadly with their aim. Back in the 1970's at Sequoia National Park\Kings Canyon one got me good. I love chipmunks they're adorable, but squirrels I almost feel about like I do about geese. They're little furry terrorists.
Rats with amazing marketing. The tail is key

I have a slightly different perspective. In my area (NE Ohio), and my yard, there are both chipmunks and squirrels of different varieties. We often see gray, black, and red squirrels. and occasionally the very large fox squirrels.

I like to feed the birds, and there are a couple of families of cardinals that tend to nest in the backyard because food is available. Now, despite manufacturers' claims to opposite, there is really no such thing as a squirrel-proof or chipmunk-proof bird feeder. The little guys will find a way to get to seed eventually--and 'eventually' really means 'in a day or two tops.'

With squirrels, this ultimately isn't much of a problem. They'll eat seed until they're full, which doesn't take very long, and then move on. Chipmunks, though, will hoard the seed in their burrows and they'll keep hoovering it up and taking it to their holes until it's all gone. I'd guess that, in an afternoon, a chipmunk can raid a bird-feeder for enough seed to last it a month or more. But will they stop? No, the next day they'll do exactly the same thing. And the birds will get little or no seed.

Once they have all that food, the natural thing to do is to breed.... I would say like rabbits, but really it's like chipmunks. So you can start the spring with one or two chipmunks in the yard and end the summer with a dozen. All of whom need their own burrows, which can damage the house's foundations, or the roots of trees, etc.

Squirrels also are quiet animals; they do make a squawking sound when they're angry or on alert, but mainly they're silent. Chipmunks, like birds, vocalize to define and defend their territories, either with high-pitched chipping or low-pitched chucking. And, for such a small animal, they can be really loud.

So, I find chipmunks cute and entertaining to watch--they're very active--but also something of p.i.t.a.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back