Where to find a good selection of ancient world minis?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Nick J

Members Only
Reaction score
So I'm sort of getting back into miniatures painting, and I've got enough unpainted European/Medieval-ish fantasy type things to last me a lifetime (maybe quite literally?). Anyway, I've been interested in picking up some ancient world miniatures, something Bronze Age or Early Iron age themed and not just Hellenic hoplites; which seems like the most common kind of figure I'm stumbling on to as I search around for something to scratch this itch.

So I figured some of you fine folks might have some good recommendations for 25-28mm figures that hew a little more closely to the historical end of the spectrum. Probably looking for metal, although I'm not opposed to plastic if the details aren't too mushy.

Foundry is your best bet, they have an amazing range of minis. Detail and casting quality are high.

If you're ever passing, let them know in advance. They'll pick you up from the train station, and give you tea and cake!

Been hearing bad things about their paints recently - the newest formulation seems very thin, with poor coverage. A friend recently returned a complete set of paints. May be worth checking out more reviews if you want paints too.

Warlord Games also have a range of ancients in metal, plastic and (some) in resin. They have a decent Bronze Age range in metal. Their metals used to have a terrible reputation for low-quality casting; they are a lot better now.

Victrix is the big name in plastic ancients. Nice detail, but big figures.

Last edited:
If you want to go 15mm Scotia Grendal has the excellent Corvus Belli range.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, not so interested in 15mm. I'm not really interested in these for wargaming, but more for Bronze Age roleplaying and the like.

Thanks TristramEvans TristramEvans I'll check them out.

EDIT: Their Mortal Gods line looks just about perfect for the Greek themed stuff.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back