Where you from 2020 edition!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Bunch

The other Mods are geese!
Reaction score
We've probably done this in the past but I'm too lazy to search for it right now and honestly we've added a lot of people since the last one (I hope)

Where you from people?
Me I'm just outside of Seattle, Washington in the USA.

As others have added more details it only feels right to do so for myself.
Born in Michigan
Moved to Washington State
Parkland 1yr
Federal Way 20+ yrs
Pullman 4+ yrs
Seattle 5+yrs
Mercer Island 9 yrs

California (Los Angeles) 4+ years

Last edited:
Short answer: since June 2007, I live in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

Long answer:
  • Born in Seattle, Washington, USA, and lived there until age 2 or so.
  • Moved to Everett, WA, USA until age 6 (north suburb of Seattle).
  • Moved to Dubuque, Iowa, USA, for 1st & 2nd grade.
  • Moved to Ames, Iowa, USA for 3rd grade.
  • Back to Dubuque, IA, USA for 4th grade.
  • Back to Everett, WA, USA for 5th grade.
  • Moved to Kent, WA, USA for 6th through 12th grades (southeast suburb of Seattle).
  • Went to college in Parkland, WA, USA for Freshman, Sophomore, and the first half of Junior year of college, returning to Kent for Summer breaks. (Parkland is a suburb of Tacoma, WA. I found it bizarre, in the first and second seasons of Lucha Underground, that Jack Evans was introduced as "from Parkland, Washington," considering that most people from Parkland would just say they're from Tacoma, IME.).
  • Studied abroad in St. Augustine, Trinidad, West Indies for the second half of Junior year of college.
  • Back to Parkland for Senior year of college.
  • Moved to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA for 3 years.
  • Back to my original hometown of Seattle, WA, USA for grad school.
  • Bought a house in Tacoma, WA, USA.
  • Turned out to be a bad decision, and I ended up back in Kent, WA, USA for a few years.
  • But eventually I was offered a full-time librarian job in the city of Chicago, and here I've been ever since.
    • Lived downtown for the first year. I'm glad I had the experience of living downtown, and I'm glad I don't live downtown anymore.
    • Next two years on the border of Northcenter neighborhood & Lincoln Square neighborhood.
    • Moved to a different part of the Lincoln Square neighborhood, near the border with the Albany Park neighborhood, and that is where I live to this day.

Last edited:
Short answer: since June 2007, I live in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

Long answer:
  • Born in Seattle, Washington, USA, and lived there until age 2 or so.
  • Moved to Everett, WA, USA until age 6 (north suburb of Seattle).
  • Moved to Dubuque, Iowa, USA, for 1st & 2nd grade.
  • Moved to Ames, Iowa, USA for 3rd grade.
  • Back to Dubuque, IA, USA for 4th grade.
  • Back to Everett, WA, USA for 5th grade.
  • Moved to Kent, WA, USA for 6th through 12th grades (southeast suburb of Seattle).
  • Went to college in Parkland, WA, USA for Freshman, Sophomore, and the first half of Junior year of college, returning to Kent for Summer breaks. (Parkland is a suburb of Tacoma, WA. I found it bizarre, in the first and second seasons of Lucha Underground, that Jack Evans was introduced as "from Parkland, Washington," considering that most people from Parkland would just say they're from Tacoma, IME.).
  • Studied abroad in St. Augustine, Trinidad, West Indies for the second half of Junior year of college.
  • Back to Parkland for Senior year of college.
  • Moved to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA for 3 years.
  • Back to my original hometown of Seattle, WA, USA for grad school.
  • Bought a house in Tacoma, WA, USA.
  • Turned out to be a bad decision, and I ended up back in Kent, WA, USA for a few years.
  • But eventually I was offered a full-time librarian job in the city of Chicago, and here I've been ever since.
    • Lived downtown for the first year. I'm glad I had the experience of living downtown, and I'm glad I don't live downtown anymore.
    • Next two years on the border of Northcenter neighborhood & Lincoln Square neighborhood.
    • Moved to a different part of the Lincoln Square neighborhood, near the border with the Albany Park neighborhood, and have lived there ever since.
I'm originally from Federal Way.

Currently Vancouver, BC.

Born in Scotland, raised in Eastern Canada - Nova Scotia and Ontario
Lived in the States from early adolescence to early 20s - Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and Alaska
Spent a substantial amount of time in the UK and Czechoslovakia in my mid 20s

Currently (since 2002): Portland OR

First 18 years of my life: Concord and Lexington MA
College and Grad School (1981-1989): RPI (Troy NY)
First Job (1990-2002): Raleigh NC

Västerås, Sweden. I was born in Eskilstuna and studied in Uppsala - those of you who aren't up to date on Swedish geography (and let's face it, that's all of you :tongue: ), that means I haven't moved around a whole lot. I'm a Mälaren Valley fellow through and through. :smile:

Currently Vancouver, BC.

Born in Scotland, raised in Eastern Canada - Nova Scotia and Ontario
Lived in the States from early adolescence to early 20s - Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and Alaska
Spent a substantial amount of time in the UK and Czechoslovakia in my mid 20s
Quite the cosmopolitan mod team. We've got ex-Aussies and ex-Scots living in 'Murica and Canada.

This, I suspect, goes some way to explaining why The Pub has a sense of humour lacking in the social norms of certain other sites.

Born in Phoenix, AZ. Lived in Southern CA from 6-15: 6 years in the greater San Diego area, 3 years in Palm Desert where I went to a high school that had a smoking section for students. Also, Nick Oliveri and Josh Homme were schoolmates. I wasn't friends with them but we knew some of the same people. Then back to Phoenix until my late 30s. Currently in Central Texas, but I lived on the Gulf Coast for about 3 years. Lived in Kansas for about 6 months (I followed a.woman up there,it... didn't work out). Beautiful season changes in Kansas.

I consider myself a native Arizonan. But people tend to put down roots in Texas. My son was born here, I own a home here (I also own land in Northern AZ, though it's not developed or built on).

Australian, and happy to be so :thumbsup:

Queensland, Australia

Our States are ridiculously big from a geographical sense, and often categorised into various regions which tend to be bigger than most countries

I'm predominantly South-East Queensland - grew up on the Fraser Coast (Maryborough, Hervey Bay), but have been living in Brisbane (capital) for the past 20 years. In between I spent some time up in North Queensland - mainly Townsville, with brief forays in Mackay - and a little bit of time up in Far North Queensland, in Cairns.

Toyed with moving down to the larger capitals of Sydney (New South Wales) and Melbourne (Victoria), and spent numerous times in both cities visiting friends, but I'm pretty happy that I made Brisbane my home.

I would love to travel to the UK and Europe one day, but it's much closer for me to check out New Zealand, which ticks alot of boxes.
Maybe the Polynesian Islands and Hawaii beckons as well. Asia is also closer, I'm interested in South East Asia, such as Thailand, Singapore, maybe down the Javanese region to Bali.
However I seem to be spending my time travelling to the USA every few years, so this makes up for it. I love touring over in the States.

(My wife is from Central America, and half of her family is in the USA, so I tend to be visiting USA every few years, finances permitting. Mainly New York, but we do tend to spread ourselves around Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Orlando at times as well, and likely to check out Denver next time due to one of her brothers moving from LA to Denver last year.)

Last edited:
You have sheep farms that are bigger than small countries.
Oh yeah, inland Queensland, South Australia, Northern Territory, and Western Australia has some pretty big cattle stations. Many of them are private districts within themselves.

Anna Creek Station (also known as Kidman Station) and Alexandra Station are the largest cattle stations in the world, bigger than many countries, they often compare their land mass to Rwanda and Israel. So yeah, lots of land inland here, but it's a rough and isolated life for those that go Outback.

Most of us stick within a day of the coast, if not on the actual coast.

I'm pretty lucky, I'm on a river city but it's only 30min for me to check out the seaside. From a USA perspective, I've been told that Brisbane's climate and lifestyle is analogous to a mix of New Orleans meets Tampa.
If I spend an hour driving north or south I have pretty good world-class tourist beaches at the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast, much like those seen in southern California or Florida. We also have nice little mountainous regions in from those coasts, such at the Blackall Range, Tamborine, Scenic Rim etc so we can get a fix from that as well.

So yeah, the Bush is fun at times, but the Outback can stay where it is :grin:

Last edited:
Looks very quinessientially English! :grin:
It's a gentrified village of the sort one finds around the commuter belt. Once I had occasion to drive from Biggin Hill (which still has a small airport) across to the back of Pratt's Bottom. On driving into town, one can look at the cars in the driveways, and seeing Mercedes, Porsche, Mercedes, Jaguar, I decided that I probably couldn't afford to live in Pratt's Bottom.

It's a gentrified village of the sort one finds around the commuter belt. Once I had occasion to drive from Biggin Hill (which still has a small airport) across to the back of Pratt's Bottom. On driving into town, one can look at the cars in the driveways, and seeing Mercedes, Porsche, Mercedes, Jaguar, I decided that I probably couldn't afford to live in Pratt's Bottom.
Much like everywhere else, money often equals lifestyle. Ah, but Perchance To Dream, as they say.
Which is why most of us are doing the 9-5 grinde. it's the same all over the world :grin:

Much like everywhere else, money often equals lifestyle. Ah, but Perchance To Dream, as they say.
Which is why most of us are doing the 9-5 grinde. it's the same all over the world :grin:
You'd be surprised how little lifestyle money gets you around here. Slough (named after the Doom Level E3M2: Slough of Despair) is a shitty little town in Berkshire just across the M4 from Windsor (much posher but very touristy because of the eponymous castle). However, you can see streets in Slough full of expensive luxury cars parked outside scungy, scungy terraced houses. It really is a hole, but it's an expensive hole.

We've probably done this in the past but I'm too lazy to search for it right now and honestly we've added a lot of people since the last one (I hope)

Where you from people?
Me I'm just outside of Seattle, Washington in the USA.

As others have added more details it only feels right to do so for myself.
Born in Michigan
Moved to Washington State
Parkland 1yr
Federal Way 20+ yrs
Pullman 4+ yrs
Seattle 5+yrs
Mercer Island 9 yrs

California (Los Angeles) 4+ years
Some pretty interesting places you've lived - I guess the heat must be pretty different for you down in LA from most of your previous addresses around the Seattle region?

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back