Who here grew up reading Berenstein Bears books?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Not me, and believe it or not, it's Berenstain Bears! (I sold a TON of them at the book store) One of the reasons it went into my Mandela Effect video. I could have sworn your spelling was correct, but it's not! Seriously mind-boggling that it is incorrect to me!

Yes, it's what I remember. Even having watched the cartoon as a kid.

Anyone recall Oscar Meyer Weiners? Nope Oscar Mayer...

gh-mandela-effect-template-ocasr-mayer-1563918295.png

What about Jiffy peanut butter? Apparently it was just "Jif"...

gh-mandela-effect-template-jif-1563917995.png

How about a cornucopia on the Fruit of the Loom logo?

gh-mandela-effect-template-fotl-1563918580.png

What if I told you that in Disney's Snow White, the Queen never utters the classic line "Mirror Mirror on the Wall"?

snow-white-1564065451 (1).jpg

Just curious.
Yes, I am just old enough to remember them, and Richard Scarry.

My mother also lived in Canada until she was about 8 years or so old, so I've also read Paddle to the Sea and The Tree in the Trail, which would be quite unusual in New Zealand even through they're classic children's stories in Canada and maybe 'Murica too.

Her parents were English (she was born in Shillong) so I also read a lot of Swallows and Amazons. Never really warmed to the Just William books, though.

Richard Scarry.
I loved What Do People Do All Day back in the day, and was appalled to discover, when I was trying to get a copy for a friend’s children, that the edition available (eight years ago or so) has been bowdlerised to remove the two-page spreads on how timber is produced and how water gets into the taps and to suppress the presentation of housework and child-raising as real work.

I loved What Do People Do All Day back in the day, and was appalled to discover, when I was trying to get a copy for a friend’s children, that the edition available (eight years ago or so) has been bowdlerised to remove the two-page spreads on how timber is produced and how water gets into the taps and to suppress the presentation of housework and child-raising as real work.
I was about to suggest Ebay until I saw you lived in Oz. Maybe you can find an older edition in Oz without ruinous shipping costs.

Are we talking about the Mansell Effect, named after the famous Tazmanian activist who died in jail in the 80's?

Mansell - that was the band with three blonde kids from the 90's wasn't it?

Another example of the Mandela Effect - do you remember Cheeze-itz?

gh-mandela-effect-template-cheez-it-1563918621.png

How about Febreeze?

gh-mandela-effect-template-febreeze-1563920091.png

Didn't the Mona Lisa have a smile?

gh-mandela-effect-template-monalisa-1563918675.png

Not me, and believe it or not, it's Berenstain Bears! (I sold a TON of them at the book store) One of the reasons it went into my Mandela Effect video. I could have sworn your spelling was correct, but it's not! Seriously mind-boggling that it is incorrect to me!
That's why I asked. I just was reading about the son who talked about his parents being told their name was spelled wrong before they even published any books. It's crazy.

And yeah I loved Richard Scarry. We have a ton of his books and I miss the old versions too.

Oh the rants this causes.

Whenever I hear the Mandela Effect, I kind of turn into Scrooge, “Bah, Humbug!” Proof in the simulation? No, just proof that people are becoming so secure in their own narcissism, that they’ve gone from turning their opinions into facts, to turning their ignorance into facts, and relying on “common wisdom” as facts.

It’s always been Jif. The other sugar-filled shit peanut butter people toss down their kid’s gullets is Skippy, so little kids turn Jif into Jiffy.

Ellis island and Liberty island have always been next to each other and considered the Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty monument. All the photograph bullshit is based on chicanery, just keep track of the way the statue is facing, it’s easy to see.

They always pronounced it “febreeze” in the commercials, it’s never been spelled that way.

Cheeze-it is singular, so everyone always says Cheese-itz. If it ever was spelled with a Z, it’s been rebranded like Coke Zero turning into Coca-Cola Zero.

The Mona Lisa...deep breath, watch the blood pressure...the smile is enigmatic. Is she smiling, or is she not? Some people say yes, some people say no, and some people say different things with different viewings. That’s the whole goddamn point and why the fucking thing is famous you useless, dumbfuck, pieces of shit.

No, the Tiananmen Square “tank guy” wasn’t run over and killed. I had a Literature Associate Professor who was there, as a student. The guy lived.

Reality’s a simulation? Then nothing matters, drive off a cliff.
You’re in a different dimension? The only way to get back is to throw yourself in front of the CERN Supercollider. I’ll pay for tickets.

For most people, this is like watching Brain Games, it’s funny and sometimes disturbing how messed up our perception and memory are. For the people who take it seriously, the proof is that evolution is apparently failing us.

Never cared about the Berenstain/stine/steen Bears.

Yes, I feel much better. :devil:

Last edited:
I came here to say that, but you beat me to it!

Richard Scarry
cat-smiling.gif

What about Kit-Kat bars? Oh, I'm sorry, apparently "Kitkat bars"...

gh-mandela-effect-template-kitkat-1563918551.png

I had some Berenstain Bears books when I was little. I think I still have some Richard Scarry books somewhere, even though I've kept almost nothing from childhood, comic books notwithstanding. My favorite of Scarry's was Cars and Trucks and Things That Go.

Richard Scarry was hilarious, and it still is.

You’re in a different dimension? The only way to get back is to throw yourself in front of the CERN Supercollider. I’ll pay for tickets.
This may not be as exciting to watch as you think. A russian scientist in 1978 accidentally got shot through the head with a particle accelerator and, while it's probably not something you want to cross off your bucket list (He suffered from seizures, deafness in one ear, and paralysis of half his face) as traumatic brain injuries go he got off fairly lightly. Standing in front of one likely wouldn't be good for you, but it's not like you'd pop or anything.

This may not be as exciting to watch as you think. A russian scientist in 1978 accidentally got shot through the head with a particle accelerator and, while it's probably not something you want to cross off your bucket list (He suffered from seizures, deafness in one ear, and paralysis of half his face) as traumatic brain injuries go he got off fairly lightly. Standing in front of one likely wouldn't be good for you, but it's not like you'd pop or anything.
The folks who got ODs from the THERAC-25 weren't terribly happy either.

Fruit Loops was never one of my favourite cereals growing up, but "Froot Loops"?

gh-mandela-effect-template-froot-loops-1563918382.png

Last edited:
Surely it was Loony Toons, "tunes" makes no sense does it?

gh-mandela-effect-template-looney-1563918028.png

And what happened to Mr. Monopoly's monocle?

gh-mandela-effect-template-monopoly-1563918460.png

I had some Berenstain Bears books when I was little. I think I still have some Richard Scarry books somewhere, even though I've kept almost nothing from childhood, comic books notwithstanding. My favorite of Scarry's was Cars and Trucks and Things That Go.
As someone who has had to read C&T&TtG waaaay too many times I can say it is a book best read by the child because it is not a short bedtime story.

Actually only a few months ago I was reading about his ongoing difficulties getting the continued medical aid he needed, as the event wa basically officially classified not to have happened and he had to go through some legal loophole that got him the same benefits as the victims of the Chernobyl event...I'm proably not getting that all correct, but it was an interesting story, especially the parts that detailed what actually happened to his brain

Oh the rants this causes.

Whenever I hear the Mandela Effect, I kind of turn into Scrooge, “Bah, Humbug!” Proof in the simulation? No, just proof that people are becoming so secure in their own narcissism, that they’ve gone from turning their opinions into facts, to turning their ignorance into facts, and relying on “common wisdom” as facts.

Yes, I feel much better. :devil:

Good, because my video blog about it was how gameable an idea it can be! (and no I don't believe it really thought it's fun to imagine.) Of course I also now use MEV-X (Mandela Effect Variance/Variations) where the X number of notable events that are different from "real" history for different things. Sort of a way of identifying parallel realities (though egocentric since it assumes we're the prime universe. I bring it up in one of my novels, the character cites the MEV as his theory--and it turns out the world he is in (not his original one) has at least two notable historical alterations. Mandela did die in prison in their universe, and superpowers exist. (Both have caused notable changes to the realities because of the latter and some because of the former--it's a work in progress in the book.)

Good, because my video blog about it was how gameable an idea it can be! (and no I don't believe it really thought it's fun to imagine.) Of course I also now use MEV-X (Mandela Effect Variance/Variations) where the X number of notable events that are different from "real" history for different things. Sort of a way of identifying parallel realities (though egocentric since it assumes we're the prime universe. I bring it up in one of my novels, the character cites the MEV as his theory--and it turns out the world he is in (not his original one) has at least two notable historical alterations. Mandela did die in prison in their universe, and superpowers exist. (Both have caused notable changes to the realities because of the latter and some because of the former--it's a work in progress in the book.)
This sounds very cool. Forgive me if this is a stupid question and I should already know who you are, but do you already have any published books?

This sounds very cool. Forgive me if this is a stupid question and I should already know who you are, but do you already have any published books?
Other than RPGs? No. I'm done with everything but third pass cleanup on one (plus finding cover art.) Even have an editor lined up. Then the second one which has MEV stuff mentioned has to be hit hard to finish it, and go through all of that as well. (Though it's fun to write it needs more conflict.)

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back