Who here grew up reading Berenstein Bears books?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Yup, I recall enjoying them as a small child.

I never read the Berenstain Bears as a kid, but we picked up a collection and a few individual books for my son. The stories run from just above early reader to mildly complex—enough to entertain me. The ones I’ve enjoyed the most are “The Bear Detectives” and especially “The Bear Scouts”.

I remembered reading Richard Scarry but I don’t know which book it was. Only when I found a couple books in a Little Free Library did I start collecting them for my son. Cars and Trucks and Things that Go is brilliant. We have several others. As has been noted, recent editions of some books have been bowdlerized, but I was able to find an unexpurgated reproduction of What Do People Do All Day somewhere on the net, and Amazon is apparently publishing the full versions of a number of the books. Just watch out when buying through eBay—I accidentally got the wrong versions a couple times.

I think I had this one. Hilarious. Love all the little jokes hidden in each of the illustrations. Not sure if this is the one where three characters and a worm wearing one shoe at the end of its tail travel to the moon...?

9789044727951_01_ZNU_0461016.jpg
Can you find the owner of that bison-shaped car? :clown:

1624257965066.jpeg

I think I had this one. Hilarious. Love all the little jokes hidden in each of the illustrations. Not sure if this is the one where three characters and a worm wearing one shoe at the end of its tail travel to the moon...?

9789044727951_01_ZNU_0461016.jpg
Can you find the owner of that bison-shaped car? :clown:

View attachment 32202
That sucker really flew!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back