Worlds United from The Design Mechanism

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Ronnie Sanford

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I have been thinking of buying this to run with straight BRP rules...Anyone have it? Thoughts?

Don't know, all I could find with those search terms was this image. Is it a sci fi game/setting?
Worlds-United-Cover.jpg

1950's pulp. rockets and rayguns. civilizations on mars and venus. to steal Loz Loz blurb

Worlds United is alternate 1950s Pulp SF/Planetary Romance. John Carter, Doc Savage, Clarke Ashton Smith, Jack Vance, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, When Worlds Collide, both HG Wells and George Pal War of the Worlds, and much, much more.

It's self contained as a setting, but absolutely 100% Luther Arkwrightian. This is a parallel Earth where the Martians invaded not once, but twice; where Venus is covered in lush, dinosaur-infested tropical jungle, and the Gifted humans walk among us. Just think what mischief the Disruptors could get up to on such a parallel...

1546136092169.png

also, not sure why it wouldn't work in BRP. you'd have to do some conversion work, but most of the d100 stuff converts easily, as I'm sure you know

Although I enjoyed the Luther Arkwright comics immensely, this genre isn't my group's thing roleplaying-wise. Although I have both of the Luther Arkwright supplements as they make for great additions to any Mythras game. I expect to pick this up as well.

Publishing target is mid January 2019.
Well that's good to know. I thought it had already been released. I wonder how much of it will be new rules and how much of it will be setting... I love TDM...

My guess Worlds United is going to adapt a lot of the Luther Arkwright rules and mechanics but make it specific to the genre of planetary romance. From the description I can't see anything you couldn't do already with the LA supplement but not entirely sure, Loz also posted this in the G+ group:
‘Worlds United’, from John Snead, and this is Pulp Fiction Planetary Romance in the Atomic Era. Earth has suffered two Martian invasions, and discovered life on Venus. All this leads to Rockets, Dinosaurs, Rayguns, and lots of 40s and 50s SF serial adventure! Great on its own, and terrific when coupled with Luther Arkwright.

There's also the Mythras companion coming out ... soon(?) which is more of a rules compilation but there's some new stuff in there as well
it's a compendium of material scattered across two or three supplements that will be useful to most GMs, along with some new material that Pete and I have been working on intermittently for a year or so. It'll be a free download, ala Mythras Imperative, or a modestly priced POD.
Plus
Social Conflict, Chase rules, and Vehicle Combat rules

This looks lovely. I'm terribly overloaded with '30s "pulp" already, and really looking forward to some '50s action!

My guess Worlds United is going to adapt a lot of the Luther Arkwright rules and mechanics but make it specific to the genre of planetary romance. From the description I can't see anything you couldn't do already with the LA supplement but not entirely sure, Loz also posted this in the G+ group:

There's also the Mythras companion coming out ... soon(?) which is more of a rules compilation but there's some new stuff in there as well
So I can start a new thread if desired but what is the Mythras Companion? You mention that its a rules compendium... Do you what kind of rules? This is the first I have heard of it!

I don't know what's in the companion but it's probably going to round up Sanity (Luther Arkwright, White Death), Gridded combat (Classic Fantasy), maybe Dependencies from LA? I don't think they will repeat Firearms (?) but there's new black powder stuff in Constantinople (?), the superpower rules - which are quite concise - from Agony & Ecstasy? possibly repeat and consolidate vehicles alongside the new stuff - social conflict, chases, vehicle combat.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back