Wrestling shows (AEW/IMPACT/NWA/ROH and others)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Gotta say though, I am so very psyched for the C.M.Punk/MJF dog collar match on Saturday. They've been great every week since this thing started.

"His" money, sure.
If you actually knew anything about the man, you'd know he does have his own fortune independent of his father. His personal net worth is around a billion dollars. He doesn't need his father for everything he does business wise

Fine... Early inheritence. Which it actually is.

"Go buy a wrestling promotion son." Lucky sod.
He has business interests outside of what his father backs. I get you love to bash Khan, but he doesn't need his father to pay for everything.

He has business interests outside of what his father backs. I get you love to bash Khan, but he doesn't need his father to pay for everything.

I don't actually like to bash Tony anymore... He seems a nice guy, he's improving and I want him to continue that. Though when he doesn't have a good booking idea, he goes back to the 'million guys in a match for no reason at all' well.

But let's not pretend he'd have gotten anywhere or done anything without his dad's billions.

His other business interests are one American football team and one English Football club. I know nothing about American Football, but he's still pretty unpopular with Fulham fans for his 'statistics and only statistics' approach. And 'pretty unpopular' is a marked improvement from a few years ago when he was being labelled a clown and slammed by everyone in the sport and press here.

I don't actually like to bash Tony anymore... He seems a nice guy, he's improving and I want him to continue that. Though when he doesn't have a good booking idea, he goes back to the 'million guys in a match for no reason at all' well.

But let's not pretend he'd have gotten anywhere or done anything without his dad's billions.

His other business interests are one American football team and one English Football club. I know nothing about American Football, but he's still pretty unpopular with Fulham fans for his 'statistics and only statistics' approach. And 'pretty unpopular' is a marked improvement from a few years ago when he was being labelled a clown and slammed by everyone in the sport and press here.

I'm not pretending he didn't start off with money thanks to his dad; Vince did too. Many people with that kind of wealth did. That doesn't mean he didn't go and increase his fortune on his own (just like Vince did when he took the old WWWF and made it what it is today). Not everything he does has any connection to his father.

The two teams are not his only other business interests (the Jaguars is actually one his dad co-owns with him. Fulham is the team his dad, as far as I know, isn't involved with). He owns a company called TruMedia Networks, and helped found Activists Artists Management

On another note: I finally finished the episode where Bron won the title from Ciampa. I felt that was a better match than their first one. I also watch his promo the next episode where he mentioned his dad and praised Ciampa for him going over to him after the match off camera. That was an improvement over most of his promo work up to that point.

Also, Samoa Joe did an interview where he explains that he dropped the NXT belt due to testing positive for Covid. He also mentions working with a lot of the new talent behind the scenes, and while he didn't outright say it, it sounds like he would have worked with Bron if he had still been the champ. I love Ciampa, but I think Bron vs Joe might have been better. I kind of hope he returns to IMPACT or maybe show up in the NWA, New Japan. I'd love to see him take the NWA title off Cardona. My dream match for IMPACT would have been with Alexander, but he had to go back to Canada as his visa expired. Maybe a good hoss fight with JONAH could happen.

I'm not pretending he didn't start off with money thanks to his dad; Vince did too. Many people with that kind of wealth did. That doesn't mean he didn't go and increase his fortune on his own (just like Vince did when he took the old WWWF and made it what it is today). Not everything he does has any connection to his father.

The two teams are not his only other business interests (the Jaguars is actually one his dad co-owns with him. Fulham is the team his dad, as far as I know, isn't involved with). He owns a company called TruMedia Networks, and helped found Activists Artists Management

Not arguing Vince got his start thanks to his dad too. But his dad was a regional wrestling promoter, not the richest Pakistani-American alive... So there's a difference.

Shahid's thrown money at Fulham, which goes down well. Tony's thrown his expertise at Fulham. It's been less welcome.

Regardless, I'm genuinely not trying to derail this thread into Tony Khan is good/bad, great/terrible. He seems a nice guy, but you know, he got the head start we could all only wish for and Shahid's given his kids part of their inheritence to spend while he's still alive, which is nice and all.

AEW is the real point of interest, and it's... improving. Generally. I mean I'll sit through the shit just to watch Brian, Punk and MJF.

It's weird. Back when TNA was built on the back of WWE cast-offs, it always felt like they were stealing the spotlight from the existing roster. But since so many of the ex-WWE guys now in AEW were never given a proper chance to shine, or misused so badly everyone knew it. Tony just needs to fire the reeeally bad indy 'talent' he's massively overpaying now that he doesn't need them to fill empty roster spots, because he's got plenty of real wrestlers now.

Bron's title reign didn't last very long.....

Spoilers! I'm in work, haven't seen it yet.

Given the kicking he got on Raw, do I take it Ziggly won?

Spoilers! I'm in work, haven't seen it yet.

Given the kicking he got on Raw, do I take it Ziggly won?
Sorry. I haven't seen it either, I just saw that he lost. Not sure who won, but I think Ziggler winning is the likely bet. A short run with the title for him might actually be cool, given he never held that belt before (plus it seems they are going to be doing a lot of NXT/RAW crossovers in the future)

Yeah, seems like RAW/NXT crossovers is a 'thing' now. Can't say I mind, I can always do with more Tommy Chompa matches, and getting eyes on Rex Steiner just makes sense. If his dad and uncle go into the Hall of Fame, maybe he'll even be able to use the name!

Yeah, seems like RAW/NXT crossovers is a 'thing' now. Can't say I mind, I can always do with more Tommy Chompa matches, and getting eyes on Rex Steiner just makes sense. If his dad and uncle go into the Hall of Fame, maybe he'll even be able to use the name!
I'm hoping they let him induct them into the HoF, proclaim himself to be Rex Steiner moving forward, and then getting his first Wrestlemania moment

I'm hoping they let him induct them into the HoF, proclaim himself to be Rex Steiner moving forward, and then getting his first Wrestlemania moment
That would be awesome. So they won't, obviously.

I suppose it might depend if Vince liked what he saw of Rex on Raw this week...

Maki Itoh is rumored to be the joker in the AEW Owen Hart tournament.

That is all. Given the state of the world sometimes, I prefer to be happy sharing rumors of the potential return of Maki Itoh.

...and I smile every time I see it!

Isn't it insane that she isn't bigger in the US? I really, really hope this rumor is true; hearing Maki Itoh singing her entrance is exactly what I - and the world - need right now.

I just want her to be able to cut some live promos, with the AEW production team desperately trying to bleep every fifth word that comes out of her mouth.

After an extended period of not watching any wrasslin', I've been back to following AEW for the past week or two. I don't wish injuries on anyone, but with CM Punk and Adam Cole off TV, I find the shows a lot more entertaining.

My prior impression of Max Caster has been that while there are some funny insults in his raps, his flow is terrible. Based on last night's Rampage, turns out when he raps a Capella, he's actually pretty good.

Just got around to watching this week's AEW Dynamite.
I'm guessing Punk legit aggravated his injury? That match seriously lacked drama, and Moxley's post-match promo seemed very off-the-cuff. I wanted Mox to win, but I certainly wasn't expecting a squash.

Rematch is supposedly set for All Out, which is in less than a month. I think it was just a work if that ends up being the case. Especially since the rematch would be in Chicago

Yep, I got worked! Which is fine, I watch pro wrestling because I want to get worked.

I enjoyed this week's Dynamite. I usually dislike a show with so much of its runtime spent on promos, but it made sense for building to the PPV. I'm still iffy on actually getting the PPV, but I look forward to next week's shows.

So I caught NXT: Worlds Collide after not watching NXT since just before Ziggler showed up. Been longer with NXT UK. The show was better than the last few imho, but that was helped by the fact the had some great talent from NXT: UK and the main rosters involved. The tag title unification match was kind of so-so, but the singles unification matches were better. Mandy Rose looked pretty good in the ring with Davenport and Meiko. Bron has definitely improved, as he was did a bit more technical stuff against Bate. After the match, the two hugged, and while hard to hear, Bron said "thank you" to Bate. Not sure if I will dive back into it or not, or just keep up with recaps.

As for AEW: I still need to watch the ppv, but I'm sure we've all read about the media scrum and the confrontation/fight afterwards. As much as I have been a fan of CM Punk for a long time, he needs to go. He was out of line, and while the whole story of who did what first is still being sorted, for someone who preached unity, he showed none of it. If Khan has any common sense (which by not cutting Punk off at the scrum, he's shown little right now), he'd let him go and move on. Especially if he truly threw the first punch. Ace Steel definitely needs to go for hitting one of the Jacksons with a chair.

As for Kenny and the Bucks: Being EVP's, they should have known better. They're not just wrestlers, they are executives. They have to be held to a higher standard. Confronting Punk in his locker room was dumb move on their part. Stripping them of the Trios belts and suspending them was the right call. Kenny seems to have been less active in the fight, but still, this is just a real stain on AEW.

On the good side, I saw Jon Moxley's promo from Dynamite. I'm not the biggest fan of Moxley, but that promo was really well done, and needed to be said. He and Jericho were supposed to be off, but with all that happened, they did what was best for business. You gotta respect that.

It will be interesting to see how long the fallout from things goes on.

I was and remain a C.M. Punk guy, that scrum promo was fucking hilarious. And if it's the last thing he ever does in wrestling, it's so very C.M. Punk!

But more seriously, it highlights that Tony needs to decide if this is a playground for indy jokers or a real promotion. Because there are too many issues in the AEW locker room these days, and the amusement of pretending the EVPs are remotely suited to those titles is long gone. Sooner rather than later, he's got to stop being 'eveyone's friend, excitable nice guy Tony' and actually be the boss of this multi-million dollar company.

I was and remain a C.M. Punk guy, that scrum promo was fucking hilarious. And if it's the last thing he ever does in wrestling, it's so very C.M. Punk!

But more seriously, it highlights that Tony needs to decide if this is a playground for indy jokers or a real promotion. Because there are too many issues in the AEW locker room these days, and the amusement of pretending the EVPs are remotely suited to those titles is long gone. Sooner rather than later, he's got to stop being 'eveyone's friend, excitable nice guy Tony' and actually be the boss of this multi-million dollar company.
I totally agree that Tony needs to fix things. That doesn't excuse Punk for being a whiny bitch (because that's exactly what he is). He's supposed to be the face of the company, and he still has to talk about Colt Cabana 10 years later? Seriously? That's immature on his part. Is he really that butthurt about it a decade later?

Just wondering, what do "wrasslin'" fans think of his attempt at an MMA career? I'm genuinely curious:thumbsup:.
It wasn't much of a career One loss, one no contest. He wisely decided not to continue that route.

Just wondering, what do "wrasslin'" fans think of his attempt at an MMA career? I'm genuinely curious:thumbsup:.

Also, Maki Itoh is quite entertaining:shade:!

*The one that forbids spiking.
He wanted to try it, he did. I don't think anyone was expecting him to do well. He was too old and banged up to really make much of it. But hey, he gave it a go because he could afford to spend the time and money to train and wanted to get away from wrestling.

I totally agree that Tony needs to fix things. That doesn't excuse Punk for being a whiny bitch (because that's exactly what he is). He's supposed to be the face of the company, and he still has to talk about Colt Cabana 10 years later? Seriously? That's immature on his part. Is he really that butthurt about it a decade later?
Oh, don't get me wrong, Punk's ranting was far from professional. But it was damn funny. Adam Page brought up Cabana first, trying to shoot on Punk on national TV. Not saying Punk should've responded on the media scrum, but if someone's gonna shoot I'd rather watch C.M. Punk do it. He's far better at it.

He wanted to try it, he did. I don't think anyone was expecting him to do well. He was too old and banged up to really make much of it. But hey, he gave it a go because he could afford to spend the time and money to train and wanted to get away from wrestling.
Isn't he back to wrestling, though:shade:? That is telling me that he didn't intend it as a short-time reprieve.

(I suspect he might have underestimated the level of the opposition, or their readiness to deal with his moves).

It wasn't much of a career One loss, one no contest. He wisely decided not to continue that route.
Yeah, exactly, that's why I said "attempt":thumbsup:.
And I don't argue that it was probably a wise decision. I'll just admit that I expected him to get better results. I mean, Sakuraba did get better results*, didn't he:grin:?

*This might have been what CM Punk was thinking, too. If so, no shame in that, everyone can overestimate himself.

I started watching pro wrestling in the summer of 2015, at which point Punk was already gone, and I don't follow MMA, so I didn't think about his attempt to be an MMA guy at all.

I started watching pro wrestling in the summer of 2015, at which point Punk was already gone, and I don't follow MMA, so I didn't think about his attempt to be an MMA guy at all.
And that's fair enough, too:thumbsup:!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back