Wrestling shows (AEW/IMPACT/NWA/ROH and others)

Ladybird

TRAHR
Reaction score
Just finished watching Dynamite and those last two matches, Jungle Boy vs MJF and Santana vs Moxley, did not disappoint. They are selling the hell out of Jungle Boy's resilience - if he ever taps, it's going to take a lot more than most boys have got. And Santana vs Moxley was the brutal slugfest that was anticipated. Santana's so good, no matter who he's in he ring with. This was a really good show.

We haven't seen Priestly since he feud with Baker. Sadie Gibbs was around when Statlander was being pushed (which seems to have suddenly faded away now too). I also don't get why they never did Kong vs Kong (aja vs awesome), when they had a confrontation at one of their ppv's. They dropped the ball on a few things last year that has me scratching my head. I hope when they get their second show on TNT, they use that and Dark to push the women more. I really want to see Baker feud with Shida, or have Priestly come back as a face now that Baker is a heel. I'm digging Baker's new heel persona. Also, isn't it funny how Chelsea Green in NXT looks almost the same as Baker now?
I think we're going to end up looking back at 2019 Dynamite as inexperienced, "early episode wierdness" as the team got used to booking a weekly show and dealing with their roster.

urbwar

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching Dynamite and those last two matches, Jungle Boy vs MJF and Santana vs Moxley, did not disappoint. They are selling the hell out of Jungle Boy's resilience - if he ever taps, it's going to take a lot more than most boys have got. And Santana vs Moxley was the brutal slugfest that was anticipated. Santana's so good, no matter who he's in he ring with. This was a really good show.
Definitely. Seriously, Allin, Jungle Boy & MJF are the perfect people to mold into future stars. They are all in their early 20's, talented as hell, and all have decent to great personas. MJF is better on the mike than many wrestlers who've been around far longer. Allin is great at doing bizarre, ominous promo videos. Jungle Boy reminds me of Benoit in that while he needs more work on promos, he brings it in the ring. This is something AEW has gotten right from the start. While we have our established stars, they are building the main event of the future right here. Throw in Hangman Page (who has been so killing it with his beer drinking persona), Scorpio Sky, Kip Sabian, Sammy and others. Hell, Riho looked great even when losing the title. It helps that Jericho is so willing to work with (and put over) these guys really helps. Jericho knows what is good for business, and if/when some of these guys are mega stars down the road, Jericho will be part of how they got there.

I think we're going to end up looking back at 2019 Dynamite as inexperienced, "early episode wierdness" as the team got used to booking a weekly show and dealing with their roster.
I think that it's gotten better since Tony took more direct control of booking and such. I just hope as the year progresses, he helps the women's division develop more. They have the talent, but haven't been given enough air time to really get more than a few people over. Even the NWA has given more air time to their women's division. Yes it is smaller, and some are just enhancement for the most part, but they get on air more often. It is good that they seem to be using Shida more. She deserves it. She moved to the US to give AEW her full devotion, so she should be getting a push. I think her and Baker would make an excellent feud. I think for all around in ring skills, they are their two best competitors in that division.

I also want to see Orange Cassidy wrestle! I love his antics, but the guy is talented, and it's a waste to just have him at ringside (or take a beatdown once in awhile) when he could be putting on great matches.

urbwar

Legendary Member
Reaction score
NXT was pretty good this week. The Broserweights ruled the show with their vignettes of them trying to get to Portland with their trophy. Dunne is so awesome in the straight man here. Bronson Reed had a great showing against Roderick Strong, and Adam Cole and Kushida rocked the main event. Lio Rush and Angel Garza fought to see who gets to face Devlin next. Mark Henry did a fun piece putting Keith Lee and Dominick Djakovic over (and rightfully so, as I suspect they will tear it down Sunday). Bianca Belair made a great statement on Ripley before their title match. I know Ripley is going to win, but Belair is right behind her in terms of awesomeness.

NXT UK was so-so. I haven't been following it too closely. I know they are pushing some fallout from Worlds Collide. Travis Banks got confronted by Alexander Wolfe for losing in the cruiserweight match. He was the only Imperium member on the show this week. Joe Coffey had a squash match with Amir Jordan and called out Dragunov, who he feels cost him at the last Takeover vs WALTER. His Gallus mates defended the tag titles vs Burch & Lorcan, the beat up Dragunov when he showed up to brawl post match with Joe. I read Triple H is high on Dragunov. He looks good in the ring, so I get why.

A new woman debuted (I think it was Eva Valkyrie). She looked awesome. With Rhea and Toni seemingly transitioning to NXT, they need some strong women to fill their shoes.

Dave Mastiff mocked WALTER, which likely means he is next to face the Ring General. Joseph Connors is gearing to face Tyler Bate. That should be a good match. I think Conners is underrated and underused at this point.

NXT was the better show, but UK does have some good things going on. Now that it's Saturday, I have a day before Takeover! I'm pretty psyched. I've only been live at a ppv once before (one of the TNA ppv's when they were higher up in the list of promotions). I'll be sure to post a spoiler covered report after I get home