Wrestling shows (AEW/IMPACT/NWA/ROH and others)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Just finished watching Dynamite and those last two matches, Jungle Boy vs MJF and Santana vs Moxley, did not disappoint. They are selling the hell out of Jungle Boy's resilience - if he ever taps, it's going to take a lot more than most boys have got. And Santana vs Moxley was the brutal slugfest that was anticipated. Santana's so good, no matter who he's in he ring with. This was a really good show.

We haven't seen Priestly since he feud with Baker. Sadie Gibbs was around when Statlander was being pushed (which seems to have suddenly faded away now too). I also don't get why they never did Kong vs Kong (aja vs awesome), when they had a confrontation at one of their ppv's. They dropped the ball on a few things last year that has me scratching my head. I hope when they get their second show on TNT, they use that and Dark to push the women more. I really want to see Baker feud with Shida, or have Priestly come back as a face now that Baker is a heel. I'm digging Baker's new heel persona. Also, isn't it funny how Chelsea Green in NXT looks almost the same as Baker now?
I think we're going to end up looking back at 2019 Dynamite as inexperienced, "early episode wierdness" as the team got used to booking a weekly show and dealing with their roster.

Just finished watching Dynamite and those last two matches, Jungle Boy vs MJF and Santana vs Moxley, did not disappoint. They are selling the hell out of Jungle Boy's resilience - if he ever taps, it's going to take a lot more than most boys have got. And Santana vs Moxley was the brutal slugfest that was anticipated. Santana's so good, no matter who he's in he ring with. This was a really good show.

Definitely. Seriously, Allin, Jungle Boy & MJF are the perfect people to mold into future stars. They are all in their early 20's, talented as hell, and all have decent to great personas. MJF is better on the mike than many wrestlers who've been around far longer. Allin is great at doing bizarre, ominous promo videos. Jungle Boy reminds me of Benoit in that while he needs more work on promos, he brings it in the ring. This is something AEW has gotten right from the start. While we have our established stars, they are building the main event of the future right here. Throw in Hangman Page (who has been so killing it with his beer drinking persona), Scorpio Sky, Kip Sabian, Sammy and others. Hell, Riho looked great even when losing the title. It helps that Jericho is so willing to work with (and put over) these guys really helps. Jericho knows what is good for business, and if/when some of these guys are mega stars down the road, Jericho will be part of how they got there.

I think we're going to end up looking back at 2019 Dynamite as inexperienced, "early episode wierdness" as the team got used to booking a weekly show and dealing with their roster.

I think that it's gotten better since Tony took more direct control of booking and such. I just hope as the year progresses, he helps the women's division develop more. They have the talent, but haven't been given enough air time to really get more than a few people over. Even the NWA has given more air time to their women's division. Yes it is smaller, and some are just enhancement for the most part, but they get on air more often. It is good that they seem to be using Shida more. She deserves it. She moved to the US to give AEW her full devotion, so she should be getting a push. I think her and Baker would make an excellent feud. I think for all around in ring skills, they are their two best competitors in that division.

I also want to see Orange Cassidy wrestle! I love his antics, but the guy is talented, and it's a waste to just have him at ringside (or take a beatdown once in awhile) when he could be putting on great matches.

NXT was pretty good this week. The Broserweights ruled the show with their vignettes of them trying to get to Portland with their trophy. Dunne is so awesome in the straight man here. Bronson Reed had a great showing against Roderick Strong, and Adam Cole and Kushida rocked the main event. Lio Rush and Angel Garza fought to see who gets to face Devlin next. Mark Henry did a fun piece putting Keith Lee and Dominick Djakovic over (and rightfully so, as I suspect they will tear it down Sunday). Bianca Belair made a great statement on Ripley before their title match. I know Ripley is going to win, but Belair is right behind her in terms of awesomeness.

NXT UK was so-so. I haven't been following it too closely. I know they are pushing some fallout from Worlds Collide. Travis Banks got confronted by Alexander Wolfe for losing in the cruiserweight match. He was the only Imperium member on the show this week. Joe Coffey had a squash match with Amir Jordan and called out Dragunov, who he feels cost him at the last Takeover vs WALTER. His Gallus mates defended the tag titles vs Burch & Lorcan, the beat up Dragunov when he showed up to brawl post match with Joe. I read Triple H is high on Dragunov. He looks good in the ring, so I get why.

A new woman debuted (I think it was Eva Valkyrie). She looked awesome. With Rhea and Toni seemingly transitioning to NXT, they need some strong women to fill their shoes.

Dave Mastiff mocked WALTER, which likely means he is next to face the Ring General. Joseph Connors is gearing to face Tyler Bate. That should be a good match. I think Conners is underrated and underused at this point.

NXT was the better show, but UK does have some good things going on. Now that it's Saturday, I have a day before Takeover! I'm pretty psyched. I've only been live at a ppv once before (one of the TNA ppv's when they were higher up in the list of promotions). I'll be sure to post a spoiler covered report after I get home

Not the best quality, but some pictures I took last night at Takeover Portland. Review to follow in the next post

Keith Lee & Dominick Djakovic get ready to throw down for the North American Title
20200216_160828.jpg

Finn Balor & Johnny Gargano

20200216_165857.jpg

The Prince has found a new throne!
20200216_172816.jpg

Crazy night at work, so I haven't had a chance until now to post my thoughts on Takeover.

First off, Portland HATES Sam Roberts! Every time he opened his mouth, the Moda center erupted into a loud chorus of boos. On the other hand, Portland LOVES Mansoor. Dude got cheered everytime he spoke. He looked a bit overwhelmed by that at first.

When the announce team came out, Maura Rinallo sprinted around the ring. The announce tables were set up on the same side of the ring I was looking down at. Spoilery text so those who have not seen it yet don't have it ruined!

The show started off hot with Keith Lee and Dominic Djakovic. The crowd singing "Oh bask in his glory" was so cool to hear live. These two always have a solid match. If Keith Lee was Hulk Hogan, then Djakovic is his Macho Man (with a little less charisma). They have this great chemistry together in the ring, and their athleticism is amazing for such big. guys. This was so much more than a hoss fight, because these two are far more than your typical hoss. When Djakovic hit that 450 springboard into a cannonball on Lee sitting in one of the announcer chairs, the Moda Center went nuts. That's a cruiserweight move being done by a guy the size of Sid Vicious! Awesome is an understatement

Lee got the duke with his new powerslam finisher. He is a great champion so far. This also set the bar for what the match of the night could be

Teagan Nox and Dakota Kai had a hell of a street fight. Kai hit Nox on her way to the ring, but Nox turned it around on her quick. Highlight of the match was Nox putting a garbage can over Kai while she was leaning on the ring steps on the floor, then hitting a cannonball on her! Nox had this won until Raquel (formerly Reina) Gonzalez interfered. Even Kai was confused by that, but took the win anyway.

Next up was Balor vs Gargano. The crowd was split between the two, and they delivered. They started off just wrestling, which surprised me. it took awhile before one of them attempted a strike (it was Gargano). Submissions, high impact moves, this had it all. Gargano almost had it won, but I think he got cocky. Balor got the upper hand, and land a sick running dropkick from one announce table to the other, and Gargano hit the divider hard. Balor rolled him into the ring, and the crowd was on it's fit when he hit the coup de grace before hitting 1917 and pinning Johnny Wrestling. This loss must have really hit Gargano hard; more on that later.

Belair vs Ripley was the worst match of the night. That's not to say it was bad, but for me, it was the least entertaining. They're both talented; Beliar having a gymnastics background allows her to do some really cool moves, and Ripley is a credible brawler. I just didn't feel the chemistry between them. The ending was a bit sloppy too. Of course, Charlotte showed up to give Ripley her answer after taking her out, then bum rushed Belair for good measure. If anyone can bring a great match out of both of them, Charlotte is the one to do so.

The Broserweights are officially my new favorite tag team in WWE. Dunne and Riddle couldn't be any more different in their on air personas, and they make it work so well. Riddle is hilarious, and Dunne as the straight man is like watch Bud Abbott dealing with Lou Costello. Add in how talented they are, and they make a great tag team. Their opponents, Fish & O'Reilly, are even more talented as a tag team. The four of them in one match is tag team heaven! This to me, was the match of the night. Given how great Lee/Djakovic and Balor/Gargano were, that's saying a lot. It was also an important match, because people are saying that Undisputed Era may finally be in decline. Fish & O'Reilly were determined to prove people wrong, and we all benefited by their effort. This match had me on the edge of my seat. So many great moves, combo moves. I thought the match was over when Riddle accidentally speared Dunne, but the Bruiserweight wouldn't fall to defeat. In the end, new tag champs were crowned, and Portland was ecstatic. Even after what came next, this was the match of the night for me.

The main event saw Ciampa try to bring Goldy home from Adam Cole. This was a fun match, but I felt had too man high spots. They were awesome looking high spots, but more than I'd prefer. Of course, UE had to stick their nose into the match, but Ciampa was still able to hold his own, and looked close to winning. Then Johnny Gargano came out. He looked like he was rooting for Ciampa, but when Ciampa went to grab Goldy while the ref was distracted (after Strong threw it in the ring so Cole could use it on him), Gargano took it from him. They had a stare off, and Johnny hit Ciampa with it!. Needless to say, Cole retained. Could losing to Balor have tarnished Gargano? Hopefully we will find out this Wednesday

Sorry for the short synopsis; I was busy at work, so had to keep it shorter than usual. This was a very good show. Not on par with Wargames, but still an important one. I think it's going to make Wednesday night very interesting if they book it right

Dynamite has been on a roll this week - two matches that could have been legit main events, and the rest just being good. Other than that, continuing the build to Revolution. Darby Allin is so over; from what people at the event were saying, he got the biggest pop of the entire night. It's a pity they don't have a mid-card belt for him to hold, but dude's going to be big when he gets his title run.

It looks like Kris Statlander and Big Swole are being set up as number one contenders, and frankly I don't care which of them gets it, but I am hoping that we get a contenders match next week - I want to see Statlander vs Swole anyway, and Nyla is going to end up against both of them eventually so it's a matter of who she fights first.

---

In non-wrestling related news, I took my daughter to a trampoline park on the weekend, and they had a big airbag to jump onto. They say, "land on your back, not your head or feet" so... I spent quite a bit of time doing coffin drops :grin:

I haven't seen Dynamite yet, but plan on it tonight. I did see NXT Wednesday, and it was pretty fun. Lots of fallout from Takeover: Portland. Ciampa went off on Austin Theory when he interrupted his promo about Gargano, so they have a match this week. And Belair is facing Charlotte Flair. The best part of the show for me was Keith Lee and the Broserweights. Lee came out and made a promo, only for Djakovic to come out and claim he had Lee beat. Lee cut him off and told him he can say whatever, he lost. However, since the fans keep chanting "Fight Forever!" when they face off, he'll put the title on the line if Regal oks it. I sense Djakovic may be moving heel again. The Broserweights cut a hilarious promo about how their Brosermobile got impounded, and the Dusty Trophy failed the Wellness Policy by partying too hard after the event! They then had a great non-title match against Burch & Lorcan. Lio Rush and Jordan Devlin had a great cruiserweight title match. Both men have improved greatly.

Velveteen Dream is back, and he faced Roderick Strong in the main event. For some reason, it didn't entice me like I thought it would. Dream's been out for awhile, and I think the ring rust showed. Plus this wearing Roddy's wife on his tights smacks of a dickish heel move to me. He got a beat down after the match, and I was actually glad he did.

I enjoyed Dynamite, and I liked how they made it a rule that you can't win the cage match by escaping the cage.

I wish they could sign Cobb, but he wants to work NJPW more, so he's likely to stay a free agent. Could you see him and Hager as a tag team though?

Gotta agree with Ladybird Ladybird about Allin. Every since he got hit in the throat with his own skateboard, he's really turned it up a notch. I'd love to see Allin, Dustin and Moxley face off with some of the Inner Circle next week. The Tag Title match and the cage match were both pretty good too.

I have front row tix to see RISE-LEGENDARY on March 27. Main event will be Big Swole (champ) vs. Kylie Rae for the Phoenix of RISE Championship. Last week, the promoter announced that it will be the last live RISE show, ever. That's disappointing- the two other RISE shows I've been to have been quite enjoyable, and I was looking forward to going to more in the future. But it should be cool to be there for the last one.

It looks like Hikaru Shida might finally be getting a push on AEW. A pretty good tag team match on Dynamite, a nice match on Dark (where she both reacted to her opponent's gimmick wonderfully and helped to sell her opponent as a credible threat), and her promo with Kris Statlander in a pre-Dynamite clip where the two of them are just utterly adorkable, made this a pretty good week for this Shida mark. Hopefully we'll be getting a proper title run for her sooner rather than later.

Also, I know it's not to everyone's taste, but an unscripted Joey 'this went off the rails really quick' Janella is a wonder to behold.

I keep meaning to post thoughts on AEW, but been dealing with melodrama bs at work. I haven't seen Dynamite this week, but I did see Dark. That match with Abadon was pretty cool. I also like how Darby Allin has really come into his own. Those promos leading up to Revolution, his match at Revolution with Sammy, and his handicap match against Jericho & Guevara have really built him up as a top face in AEW.

Abadon would make a welcome addition to the women's roster at AEW.

This week's Dynamite was the start of set-up for Blood & Guts, and it's a pity as the match won't have the live audience it deserves. And I agree on that Shida / Statlander promo, they were really good together.

I'd like Abadon too, she's decent in the ring and has a look that would really stand out in AEW.

Actually, on the subject of spookygirls, after Dark youtube decided I should watch this meeting of two of the finest mind gamers in wrestling today...

Actually, on the subject of spookygirls, after Dark youtube decided I should watch this meeting of two of the finest mind gamers in wrestling today...

I saw that a few weeks ago! The sentence 'Has Su Yung converted Orange Cassidy into one of her undead bridesmaids?' is still etched in my mind.

I felt like, through no fault of their own, the past few weeks of Dynamite were pretty rough. This week it seems like they've really found their groove re: how to put on an entertaining, high-energy show with a fraction of the roster and no live audience. I really enjoyed it, especially the Kenny Omega vs. Trent match that kicked the show off.

I'm about 3 weeks behind right now; I just finished the last show with a live audience. I haven't been in a mood for wrestling much, but watching GLOW kind of rekindled the fire a little. I'll likely catch up in a few weeks, as well as catch up on NXT

BTW, did anyone see the 2 part Dark Side of the Ring on Chris Benoit? It's really heart wrenching to watch, but well worth it. I don't know if it is still up, but Vice had posted both episodes to Youtube

I'm about 3 weeks behind right now; I just finished the last show with a live audience. I haven't been in a mood for wrestling much, but watching GLOW kind of rekindled the fire a little. I'll likely catch up in a few weeks, as well as catch up on NXT
For all the jokes about Impact being the fed that will never die, with the non-essential business closures in America and all the empty arena shows that have been happening, they still have a couple more weekly episodes taped. They could well be the last "new" wrestling episode to come out before culture restarts in a few months, and they'll almost certainly be the last "new" one with a crowd.

This week's Dynamite is in a pretty small studio (Which looks like it might be set up in the middle of a larger sports field?), and they've got a group of wrestlers at ringside again, in face and heel sections. It's got a very intimate, house show-type feel to it, and even with only a few guys around they give a decent amount of background noise and get a very chants going.

Match-wise, Trent vs Omega and Cody/Darby vs Sami/Spears are good ones. Shida vs Anna Jay and Dustin/QT Marshall vs 8/9 (Dark Order) were decent enough filler matches, and Archer vs Stunt was only going to go one way but let Archer show off how much of a beast he is.

If there's a Dynamite next week, it's also the start of the TNT Championship tournament for AEW's midcard title, currently scheduled to finish at Double or Nothing, but I guess we'll see. In two weeks we're also getting Moxley vs Hager for the world title, in a no holds barred empty arena match.

Most importantly, this week's show also features what will go down as the most iconic sign in wrestling history.
1586032255460.png

Chris Jericho was gold doing the commentary on this week's Dynamite.

Also, while the first half of the Shida/Baker match was decent but not spectacular, getting her nose busted (broken?) seemed to light a fire in Britt, with the latter half of the match being much more enjoyable to watch.

I'm really not a fan of Matt Hardy's whole... thing, with the gnashing teeth and weird arm movements and very affected manner of speaking, but I thought his insults about the members of the Inner Circle were pretty great. I was laughing out loud, for real.

I haven't seen this weeks episode, but I'm all caught up on the previous weeks (as well as Dark). I'm going to watch the current episode today or tomorrow, then start catching up on NXT

Oh, and WWE released the Revival today, so once this is all over, I hope we finally get a feud between them (under whatever name they end up using) and the Young Bucks.

Broken Matt Hardy is something I can take in small doses. What makes the gimmick work is the specialty matches. While the one he had with Bray Wyatt wasn't nearly as good as the one he had with Jeff, it did give us the phrase "Mower of Lawns" (which they made into an actual shirt). I feel like he took inspiration from William Shatner, and overacts the character to make him stand out more.

I am looking forward to hopefully seeing him and Jericho square off, as I don't recall the two ever having a singles match. Even better if they film it at the Hardy compound, because they'd probably make magic

Also, Jericho trying to recruit Vanguard 1 is hilarious. He's literally trying to recruit a drone to the Inner Circle

I do like how Hardy says "The Bucks of Youth," rather than "The Young Bucks." That's one quirk I can get behind.

I'm really not a fan of Matt Hardy's whole... thing, with the gnashing teeth and weird arm movements and very affected manner of speaking, but I thought his insults about the members of the Inner Circle were pretty great. I was laughing out loud, for real.
I've managed to work 'the hole of an ass' into my workday conversations.

I probably have a higher tolerance for the more 'out there' character concepts than some, seeing as it was Lucha Underground that brought me back into watching wrestling (Broken Matt Hardy and Kris Statlander wouldn't have even been the weirdest personas on LU).

I've managed to work 'the hole of an ass' into my workday conversations.

I probably have a higher tolerance for the more 'out there' character concepts than some, seeing as it was Lucha Underground that brought me back into watching wrestling (Broken Matt Hardy and Kris Statlander wouldn't have even been the weirdest personas on LU).

I adore Lucha Underground, and the extreme weirdness of its storylines and characters is what shifted me from "person mildly interested in wrestling because I have friends who are stuntmen/stuntwomen, and wrestling is basically doing live stunt work while playing a character," to "huge wrestling fan!"

It's just Matt Hardy's particular take on a weird character that I don't dig. Who knows, it may grow on me. There are other wrestlers I've come around on.

Speaking of things I don't dig, Heel Britt Baker is one. I like her in the ring, but whenever she cuts a Heel promo, she just seems so much like "person playing the role of a mean person," rather than "believable mean person."

But I don't want to harp on negatives, so I will say that this week's Dynamite was another solid episode. Also, I haven't been able to watch Impact for while, but I follow Impact and Rosemary on Instagram, and I am absolutely loving the vignettes they're posting where Rosemary is turning into a Party Girl. Makes me laugh out loud, and I find it be a bizarre but believable transformation for the character.

Speaking of things I don't dig, Heel Britt Baker is one. I like her in the ring, but whenever she cuts a Heel promo, she just seems so much like "person playing the role of a mean person," rather than "believable mean person."
I'm of two minds regarding Baker. On the one hand, no, her heel persona doesn't feel as naturalistic as, say, MJF (who makes it very easy to believe that he really is that much of an asshole). On the other hand, it's a classic heel approach, and while I wouldn't want every heel to return to that style, I don't mind seeing a bit of that old-school approach intermittently.

This week's Dynamite was relatively weak, very much filler matches. Moxley / Hager was especially disappointing, both in terms of the wrestling- which was decent enough, but the atmosphere was utterly flat as there weren't even any wrestlers ringside - and poor commentary, as JR seemed vaguely disinterested the entire way through and just had to provide half an hour's commentary regardless of what was said.

It's back to the TNT Tournament next week. I think it's a little too soon to get Allin / Guevara again, but they're bound to put on a good match.

This week's Dynamite was relatively weak, very much filler matches. Moxley / Hager was especially disappointing, both in terms of the wrestling- which was decent enough, but the atmosphere was utterly flat as there weren't even any wrestlers ringside - and poor commentary, as JR seemed vaguely disinterested the entire way through and just had to provide half an hour's commentary regardless of what was said.

I largely concur with your assessment of this episode. The Mox/Hager match was a big let-down, and JR on commentary without anyone to bounce off of was kinda... dull.

To my surprise, I actually enjoyed Britt Baker's promo. And I was glad we got a break from Matt Hardy this week. I can see myself potentially learning to like his shtick as long as it's in small doses.

I haven't caught up on Dynamite (or this week's Dark), and still a month or so behind on NXT.

Has anyone else been watching Dark Side of the Ring? Vice posted the two part Chris Benoit episode to Youtube, and others have posted the other episodes. The Benoit two parter was really hard to watch. It goes into his relationship with Eddie, and how he wasn't the same after Eddie's death. They also covered New Jack, The Brawl for All, and Dino Bravo. Le Champeon himself, Chris Jericho narrates all the episodes in Season 2 (Mick Foley and Dutch Mantel did the first season). Seriously, this is a great show. Vice also did The Wrestlers, covering different types of wrestling. The first episode covered Evolve, and Darby Allin was one of the wrestlers they profiled. You can find most of that series on Youtube as well. So if you're not watching you should.

Last edited:
So I was watching an episode of SWAT the other day, and it had a little wrestling in it. Part of the cast goes to Tokyo to return a prisoner they caught in LA. A group frees him, and the SWAT members help out the Tokyo pd. Turns out the prisoner (a Yakuza hitman who might be willing to turn on his boss) is in love with a female wrestler named Riho (yup!). They go to talk to her, and she and her fellow wrestlers attack the SWAT guys and the Japanese cop with them. It was funny watching them over power these bigger men at the start of the fight, using takedowns and submission holds. But of course, our heroes prevail in the end. Still, it was amusing seeing wrestling (especially Puro) on a mainstream tv show. The actress who played Riho isn't a wrestler that I know of, and I don't know if any of the others were (I didn't recognize any of the women as women who work in American). Too bad, as WWE could have done a promotion if they had Io, Kairi and Asuka play some of the wrestlers (or AEW with the real Riho, Yakazuki and Shida). So if you can find it, it was Episode 13 of Season 3

Anyone planning to get the AEW Double or Nothing ppv this Saturday? I might; depends on what else I have going on. Looks like there will be a lot of good matches.

Can't justify dropping $50 on a PPV at the moment. I wonder - given that in more regular times a lot of people get together at someone's house to watch to share the expense - how the sales on the PPV were given that people aren't mingling and getting together as much at the moment.

The reaction overall seems to be pretty positive. The Stadium Stampede match sounds like it was a hoot. And I'm glad to see Shida win the women's title.

It was a great show. The stadium stampede was utterly ridiculous in the best possible way, and clearly everyone had put a lot of thought into all the spots they'd do. Shida and Nyla probably had the best match of the night, too.

I'm still a few weeks behind on Dynamite/Dark right now, so I likely won't be seeing it for awhile

This week's Dynamite was pretty fun. Except for the bit with Tyson (which was meh) and I didn't know who the new guys were who showed up so that was lost on me, otherwise the show worked pretty well, with the Battle Royal being a highlight.

Also I liked the bit on Dark with Allie/Bunny going all Eris with the apple to presumably sow some discord among the Nightmare Family.

This week's Dynamite was pretty fun. Except for the bit with Tyson (which was meh) and I didn't know who the new guys were who showed up so that was lost on me, otherwise the show worked pretty well, with the Battle Royal being a highlight.

Also I liked the bit on Dark with Allie/Bunny going all Eris with the apple to presumably sow some discord among the Nightmare Family.

I had similar feelings about this week's episode. I liked most of the matches, and I liked Cody's promo. Not a fan of Tyson.

Since I don't watch Dark, I was confused about what Allie/Bunny was doing hanging out on the Face side of the arena. I'm glad she's back on TV, though.

Since I don't watch Dark, I was confused about what Allie/Bunny was doing hanging out on the Face side of the arena. I'm glad she's back on TV, though.
It was kinda hilarious (to me, at least) because given the way QT was reacting to and distracted by Allie, he's apparently never in his life seen a woman eat an apple before.

Going back to the PPV, I got it and really enjoyed it, especially the Stadium Stampede Match. Actually, at first I was having a lot of trouble with my cable & getting really frustrated, but that's the fault of Comcast, not AEW. Once I could actually watch the show, I had a great time.

While it is a common practice for folks to get together and watch in order to help defray the cost of a PPV, none of my friends are wrestling fans anyway, so it didn't make a difference to me. And I've saved a lot of money by cooking almost all of my meals at home for two-months-plus, so I felt okay dropping a fiddy on the show.

All three title matches ended with the winner I wanted, but not the winner I expected.

I thought it was kind of weird that they built Lance Archer up to be this unstoppable monster, only to have Cody, ya know, stop him.

But I'm not a booking agent, so what do I know?

If you mean the guys who sort of saved the Young Bucks, they are formerly known as The Revival. They were one of the best tag teams WWE ever had, and they didn't use them properly after they left NXT for the main roster. They had some classic matches with American Alpha (Chad Gables & Jason Jordan) and DiY (Ciampa & Gargano). They wrestled just about every team on the WWE Roster. They're very old school (think Anderson & Blanchard), so their style would be more smash mouth than the Bucks. The two teams have been rivals over Twitter for years, and have wanted to work together for quite some time. They had hinted at going to NWA and/or New Japan (which they still might, if they have a deal like Jericho or Moxley have), but going to AEW to finally compete against the Bucks is a dream feud for many non-WWE wrestling fans

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back