Wrestling shows (AEW/IMPACT/NWA/ROH and others)

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
His wife has confirmed it was from a non-COVID related lung issue.

Just fucking terrible.

My two favorite modern American acts have been Alexa Bliss and The Wyatt Family, and Brodie Lee was a huge part of The Wyatts as Luke Harper. And my age, too. Just terrible.

I first saw Brodie on a very early Evolve show (#2 or #3 I think) and thought he was a good big guy.

I preferred him and Rowan as the Bludgeon Brothers to The Wyatt Family, probably because they had that return push, cool music and hammers. But it didn't last long and I wasn't surprised when both men left WWE.

Sadly, AEW's Dark Order was dead on arrival for me and Brodie couldn't save it. Aside from being a little soap box to take weak potshots at Vince for a bit, it amounted to nothing and stopped Brodie from doing something that suited his strengths.

He's a guy who isn't going to have the legacy in wrestling he perhaps should or could have had, mostly due to bad booking wherever he went.

Perhaps AEW could do a memorial or charity show for his family when it is safe to do so?

I remember seeing Brodie when he was in RoH as a member of the Age of the Fall with Seth Rollins (then known as Tyler Black) and Jimmy Jacobs. He had a wild brawl with Necro Butcher that went into the crowd. I saw him at a couple of JAPW/Pro-Wrestling Syndicate shows in NJ as well. He always put on entertaining matches. I felt he was sometimes underused in WWE, and while the Dark Order didn't really pan out well, he did the best he could with what he had to work with.

I always hate seeing someone younger than me pass, when they had so much more to do in life.

That is really sad about Jon/Brodie/Luke. Dude was younger than me. I know he hadn't been on TV in a while, but I didn't think anything of it, since it's pretty normal for wrestling companies to rotate which characters they're focusing on.

That is really sad about Jon/Brodie/Luke. Dude was younger than me. I know he hadn't been on TV in a while, but I didn't think anything of it, since it's pretty normal for wrestling companies to rotate which characters they're focusing on.

Yeah, he was a year my junior too. While I'm sadly used to wrestlers dying younger than they should, that's tough.

I do wish his final years had been better than they were. Not much chance in AEW or WWE these days though. While he was slowing in the ring, he probably had a good few years in him if he'd wanted to stay in the industry.

Yeah, he was a year my junior too. While I'm sadly used to wrestlers dying younger than they should, that's tough.

The worst of it is that it just...happened. Dude was in shape, apparently wasn't a drug user or the like. His lungs just...stopped working. That's scary as shit.

So, what impossible wrestling match would you like to see, and why is it impossible? I'd like to see Courtney Rush vs. Rosemary, which is impossible because they are the same real-life person, although the characters are very different.

So, what impossible wrestling match would you like to see, and why is it impossible? I'd like to see Courtney Rush vs. Rosemary, which is impossible because they are the same real-life person, although the characters are very different.

You can do a lot of things with Cinematic Matches these days. And Rosemary was something of an unsung pioneer of those.

I just saw IMPACT is going to have a match between Karate Man and Ethan Page, who are the same person

I think I'm going to take a break from Dynamite since I'm not really enjoying the current direction and I don't want to become one of those people who spends two hours a week watching a show just to complain about it. I'll still DVR to potentially watch later, as it's also possible I'm just in a bad mood unrelated to wrestling.

I did really enjoy the Brodie tribute show.

It's tough to watch wrestling without crowds. There isn't any energy for wrestlers to feed off.

I think I'm going to take a break from Dynamite since I'm not really enjoying the current direction and I don't want to become one of those people who spends two hours a week watching a show just to complain about it. I'll still DVR to potentially watch later, as it's also possible I'm just in a bad mood unrelated to wrestling.

I watch until Sting shows up and then shut it off.

I haven't been watching it for a few months now (or any show). I just read results and check video clips on Cageside seats. I go through phases like that where I don't regularly watch, then eventually go back to it

I haven't been watching it for a few months now (or any show). I just read results and check video clips on Cageside seats. I go through phases like that where I don't regularly watch, then eventually go back to it

Only thing I watch with any regularity is New Japan, and I'm lax on it because their streaming service and my internet don't get along, so it's a pain in the ass to watch 15 4 hour shows a week on buffering video.

I watch Smackdown most weeks with a service user I support (he's a huge wrestling fan), though I haven't the patience for 3 hours of RAW.

I watch NXT consistently, mostly wishing it was still the 1-hour show from a couple of years ago. While isolated, I started enjoying 80's Mid-South on the network instead of enduring AEW any more.

Just saw the promo clip of Snoop Dogg drag himself up and fall off the turnbuckle to "win" a "match" in AEW by pinning a guy held down by two other wrestlers. One of whom counted the pin.

Steve Austin brawling with Mike Tyson it was not.

It was a post-match spot, not a match. Still really bad, though.

I don't hold it against Snoop, I feel a little bad for him.

He's not a wrestler, and WWE/TNA/AEW insist on putting celebrities incapable of wrestling in the ring, making them look bad and their own talent look worse.

He's not a wrestler, and WWE/TNA/AEW insist on putting celebrities incapable of wrestling in the ring, making them look bad and their own talent look worse.

Totally fair. And he did look like he was having fun, so that's cool for him.

As for wrestling I still enjoy, I have all of Lucha Underground in my DVR, so I could always watch that again. And there are lots of indie matches on YouTube.

Haha, definitely not my taste, but if you've got it all, that sounds like fun.

I would say the same for early years NXT on the network, except I'd be sitting there lamenting how many wrestlers got "promoted" to the main roster to fail instantly due to astonishingly poor booking for most of them.

Totally fair. And he did look like he was having fun, so that's cool for him.

Snoop looked uncomfortable and slightly embarrassed taking too long climbing the turnbuckle, but once he was back on his feet he seemed pretty amused.

He may have had second thoughts when he got up there, but I guarantee no one put a gun to his head to get him to do it.

He may have had second thoughts when he got up there, but I guarantee no one put a gun to his head to get him to do it.

Quite so. He's usually been game for wrestling antics over the years. But he should probably keep a top rope splash out of his repertoire from now on.

So I just watched The Wrestler: A Q.T. Marshall Story. I remember when he was originally in Ring of Honor, and I wasn't that impressed with him. I came to appreciate him in AEW though, as he seemed to show more talent than I remember he had. This documentary actually mentions that when he got to RoH, he didn't give it his all, and kind of blew it there. Turns out he helped train both Matt Riddle and Damien Priest, both of whom praise him.

After watching this documentary, I'm glad Cody gave him a shot in AEW. He may never be a main eventer now, but he will have a lasting influence on the promotion (some of the up and coming talent AEW uses came from the school he and Glacier run).

It's available on Prime Video, and I think it's worth a watch

Quite so. He's usually been game for wrestling antics over the years. But he should probably keep a top rope splash out of his repertoire from now on.

Wrestling fans who are celebs love this shit, because it's like a mini version of Shane McMahon: go do something stupid to someone who worked their whole life to get where they're at, get a pop, and go home, knowing you never have to look at a wrestling ring again if something goes wrong.

Via the Impact/AEW crossover, I learned that Impact has monthly specials on Impact Plus that are free to watch. Genesis was this past weekend. I've been having a lot of trouble with my computer lately, so I missed most of it, but I did see the last two matches, which I enjoyed.

Via the Impact/AEW crossover, I learned that Impact has monthly specials on Impact Plus that are free to watch. Genesis was this past weekend. I've been having a lot of trouble with my computer lately, so I missed most of it, but I did see the last two matches, which I enjoyed.

That's cool.

I burned out on Impact long, long ago, and I'm never going to put myself through more Kenny Omega than I have to, but that does sound a killer service for anyone interested. I would genuinely like to see Impact become a worthwhile contender again, which this association with AEW might help.

Wrestling fans who are celebs love this shit, because it's like a mini version of Shane McMahon: go do something stupid to someone who worked their whole life to get where they're at, get a pop, and go home, knowing you never have to look at a wrestling ring again if something goes wrong.

While Shane doesn't truly "live the life", he's put himself through enough brutal shit in his matches that he's got some respect. His match with Kurt Angle alone cements his as 50% tough and 50% crazy.

While Shane doesn't truly "live the life", he's put himself through enough brutal shit in his matches that he's got some respect. His match with Kurt Angle alone cements his as 50% tough and 50% crazy.

Yeah. He does stupid stunts to "steal the show" - and a spot from actual wrestlers - and never ever has to look at a wrestling ring again.

I'm not a Shane fan. At all.

Yeah. He does stupid stunts to "steal the show" - and a spot from actual wrestlers - and never ever has to look at a wrestling ring again.

I'm not a Shane fan. At all.

I'm not a fan, but better him than some of the so-called celebrities WWE/TNA has inflicted on us over the years.

I'm not a fan, but better him than some of the so-called celebrities WWE/TNA has inflicted on us over the years.

Nah. So-called celebrities don't get to go 50/50 with The Undertaker in 30 minute Hell in a Cell matches at WrestleMania.

I actually didn't mind chickenshit heel Shane getting beat up. That was fine. But booking him as a badass like they've done for years when he throws the worst punches in wrestling make me sick.

Can't argue either point. I definitely think he's past the point where he should be portrayed as being badass.

His punches are so bad because he cannot damn well work them at all. He's just throwing out potatoes that look terrible.

The first time I tried Impact it didn't do anything for me.

A few years later I gave it another shot, and they were doing the "Allie becomes Dark Allie" angle, which hooked me hard. Of course, shortly after I got into it, my cable company stopped carrying that channel.

Now I'll watch it on Twitch if I'm home on Tuesday nights, but I almost always work on Tuesday nights.

Have we ever brought up the chyron messages that show up on AEW? Because I like the bits of humor they occasionally throw in.

image000000.jpg

I just thought today that with the AEW/IMPACT pairing, we could see Page & Storm face off or team up. I just thought that would be kind of cool

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back