Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Voros

Doomed Investigator
Reaction score
I know Baulderstone Baulderstone posted this in the RL thread but I thought it would be good to feature it in its own thread if he doesn't mind.

After a typically acrimonious thread on RPGSite about 'authentic' medieval role-playing Rob (Bat in the Attic) offered to DM his take on a 'authentic medieval' game for Brendan (Wandering Heroes of Ogre Gate), Baulderstone and Elliot. They livestreamed it and it is now up on YT. They also followed it up with a chat on Brendan's Bedrock Podcast.

Last edited:
Interesting, I've never heard anyone pronounce "Wilderlands" the way he does. Must be a regional variant.

I know Baulderstone Baulderstone posted this in the RL thread but I thought it would be good to feature it in its own thread if he doesn't mind.

After a typically acrimonious thread on RPGSite about 'authentic' medieval role-playing Rob (Bat in the Attic) offered to DM his take on a 'authentic medieval' game for Brendan (Wandering Heroes of Ogre Gate), Baulderstone and Elliot. They livestreamed it and it is now up on YT. They also followed it up with a chat on Brendan's Bedrock Podcast.

I don't mind at all, however, I do need to point out that I was coming off two nights of four hours sleep before that session, so I am kind of a zombie in that session. If you see me sneaking off at points during the session, it is for more coffee. It's a testament to Rob's GMing skill that I stayed awake and entertained, even if I was pretty quiet. In any case, Elliot more than makes up for in energy level.

I am fully awake in the follow-up podcast though.

Rob's setting has a lot of D&Disms, but once we got playing, I thought he did a great job of presenting a medieval setting with era appropriate fantastical elements.

I think the gaming scene would be a better place if the reaction to every contentious thread was for people to just go run an actual session supporting their viewpoint.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back