Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
I love that none of my players is particularly pop-culture savvy, if there is such a thing. So I could shamelessly use the flying head from Zardoz in my games without any of them ever noticing, whenever I feel like it. I must say, I wasn't aware of Zardoz myself either.

the Far Away Land RPG has giant Zardoz heads that fly around, and I believe a race that dresses in the red diapers. I'd have to double check my book (page 71 for art, page 103 for stats for the Soracan flying heads, and 109 for stats on the Zoordrooz barbarians of the Tome of Awesome)

Hey, my gaming/internet name comes from this movie!

Well, sort of- It came more from a running joke named after this movie. Basically for years at our gaming table any time a game went completely off the rails from whatever the DM had originally intended, the campaign was said to have “gone Zardoz.”

Eventually from that point, if any one player was perceived to be the one most responsible for pushing the game in an unexpected direction, they were the “Arthur Frayn” of the night.

…So now you can probably guess who that usually was at our table

Well, sort of- It came more from a running joke named after this movie. Basically for years at our gaming table any time a game went completely off the rails from whatever the DM had originally intended, the campaign was said to have “gone Zardoz.”

Eventually from that point, if any one player was perceived to be the one most responsible for pushing the game in an unexpected direction, they were the “Arthur Frayn” of the night.

Did the group make you use a purple marker to draw a moustache and goatee on your face?

Wow we have the same name!

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back