Green Lantern/Green Arrow--no, not THAT one

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Dumarest

Vaquero de Alta California
Reaction score
So, everybody knows the O'Neil & Adams Green Lantern/Green Arrow with the preachy stories but gorgeous drawings that was cancelled within a couple of years. You probably have a collected edition if not the original comics. But do you have the revived Green Lantern/Green Arrow series by Denny O' Neil and Mike Grell? I only have a couple of issues of the latter. They're nowhere near as good as the O'Neil & Adams comics but the ones I had are a lot of fun. I never dreamed DC would bother collecting them since I don't think anybody views them as "essential" and the late Bronze Age tends to be their most neglected period. But lo and behold!
91p3DF3yBsL.jpg

Now if we can just get them to collect the Cary Bates/Irv Novick Flash comics from the 1970s! Late '70s-early '80s Green Lantern and Flash comics were among my favorites and I always bought them when I could find a new one on the spinner racks!

I have only a cursory knowledge of the two heroes in question, but don’t they suffer from the ‘Angel Summoner & BMX Bandit’ syndrome?

Mike Grell is awesome. His run on Green Arrow was damn good comics. Sable was great (I even liked the TV show, even though it really sucked and wasn't true to the comic). I have never read this, how did that happen? Thanks for posting this!

Semi-related, I ordered a used copy of Mike Grell's novel, Sable from Amazon. When it showed up, it was from a public library, and still had the card inside. Next time he comes to a local con, I'm gonna get him to sign the card.

I also have a bootleg DVD of the TV series. Don't judge, it's an obvious VHS dub from the original broadcasts (including commercial break stingers lol), and that shit has NEVER been commercially available in ANY capacity.

Edit: an' I paid twenny bucks for that shit too

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back