Help Wanted! Moderator Needed!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Endless Flight

I have the power!
Administrator
Reaction score
Tristram and I talked about adding another member to the staff months ago but we decided to wait until the time was right. Since the end of last year, the number of posts per month have basically doubled. Because we are not here 24/7, we now need another pair of eyes to help us watch the forum. What we are looking for is somebody who is ideally available to watch the forum from around 8 am EST to 4 pm EST. These times are not set in stone, but if you post a lot during this time and would think you might like to become a part of the staff, this may be up your alley.

Being a moderator requires a couple things. No huge egos. Being able to handle disputes rationally and calmly. Brainstorming with other members of the staff about general matters pertaining to the Pub. The actual mechanical duties of moderating posts and threads are not too difficult. Xenforo is really intuitive and is easy to learn.

If you think you have what it takes, you can start a conversation with me or post here, whatever you feel comfortable with. If you think somebody else here would make a great mod, you can throw their hat in the ring here. If you have a great idea that you want to share, let us hear it. When we think we have enough candidates, Tristram and I will discuss and make a selection.

Thank you everyone!

I have plenty of free time since I'm currently living as a medically disabled NEET (unfortunately), and I'm on this website fairly frequently, but I have zero moderator experience. However, I love this forum and am willing to help it out in any way, shape, or form that I possibly can.

I am unsure if I want to be the first pick for moderator, but I am willing to throw my hat into the ring, just in case nobody else wants to be a moderator at the very least.

I'd volunteer but that's 5 a.m. Pacific Time before I'm awake, and then I have to get the kids fed, dressed, brushed, and driven to school before I rush to work, so I wouldn't be able to keep an eye on Traveller fights that might flare up in the morning. :clown:

I want to thank everyone who posted or messaged me about serving the Pub as a moderator. We had five applicants and one suggestion for another member! Such a great community here. Tristram and I have discussed and we have made a decision. The announcement will be coming shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back