Precis Intermedia and Yaquinto Games

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

A Fiery Flying Roll

Hating Dungeons and Dragons before it was cool
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Precis Intermedia (the company of brettmb brettmb of this parish) seems to have the rights to the Yaquinto catalogue, both board games and RPGs.

The former is actually of massive interest to me, as Yaquinto's design style is up my board gaming alley. I have questions. (Especially considering the cost of a lot of Yaquinto stuff on the secondary market).

1. Does this cover the whole catalogue?

2. Is there a release date for Time War and Roaring 20s yet?

3. Do Precis have plans to release any of the other games? Of special personal interest is Swashbuckler/Adventurer and United Nations. Also Dallas, although I'd guess that one does have obvious licensing issues. Honestly though, I'm interested in pretty much anything but the trad 20th century wargames.

4. Would people be interested in reviews for Precis' boardgame series? I already have the excellent Mythology but would happily pick up some of the other games (including the non Yaquinto stuff like Dragonlord). Note that I'm not volunteering to do the minis skirmish games; it's not my area and I wouldn't know where to start.

The only rights owned are those titles listed on the site. Trying for some others, but I can’t track down the co-rights-holder.

No release dates as it takes time to remaster these components while also working on RPG stuff. I also need to get a new scanner and I can’t find one that fits the bill. I want to get a large format one, but they all seem to have various issues. I may just settle on a cheap one to supplement my other scanners (I have three for various uses, but one is bad).

Damn, looks like second hand prices from Swashbuckler. Thanks for clarifying Brett!

Wow. Yaquinto is a name that brings back lots of memories. I didn't get much play out of Mythology, but friends and I really loved Marine 2002.
Mythology is great fun. Very old school in its design but with a really unique feel and a surprising amount of depth.

The only rights owned are those titles listed on the site. Trying for some others, but I can’t track down the co-rights-holder.

No release dates as it takes time to remaster these components while also working on RPG stuff. I also need to get a new scanner and I can’t find one that fits the bill. I want to get a large format one, but they all seem to have various issues. I may just settle on a cheap one to supplement my other scanners (I have three for various uses, but one is bad).
How big a scanner do you need?

If you've only got a few big items you could try and track down a studio that does art photos and get some 4x5 transparencies done. Then find a litho place with a good transparency scanner. Back when I were a wee lad that was pretty much how you did this kind of thing and I guess you can probably still find outfits that can do that or an all-digital equivalent. It won't be cheap but it might be cheaper than buying a large format scanner.

Last edited:
Wow. Yaquinto is a name that brings back lots of memories. I didn't get much play out of Mythology, but friends and I really loved Marine 2002.
I had a copy of Marine 2002, back in the day. I also have some fond memories of Ironclads, though it was a friend who owned it.

I wanted a large format scanner, but I can get away with a regular one. I really just need to replace a high-res flatbed, probably 2400dpi.

I wanted a large format scanner, but I can get away with a regular one. I really just need to replace a high-res flatbed, probably 2400dpi.
The trouble with large format scanners is that flatbeds really only go up to A3. You could - and probably still can - get drum scanners in larger formats but they are very, very expensive and not worth the trouble unless you're doing litho or high-end transparency work. Nowadays they're almost obsolete - virtually a niche market item. However, if you're lucky you might be able to find one with software so old it doesn't recognise the Eurion constellation.

But, these days most large format scanners are more like large format inkjet printers and aren't all that high resolution.

You could probably get a pro A3 scanner like an Epson Expression 10000XL off Ebay for about a grand or so. New ones are still fairly pricey but used ones aren't completely off the planet.

Last edited:
Hence, why I'll stick with a small one and just do my own stitching. :smile:

Mythology just happens to be the Deal of the Day at wargamevault today at 40% off.
"Portray a major Greek god/goddess to control mortal heroes and legendary monsters in this print and play tabletop game of the Heroic Greek Age."

or via Precis Intermedia: http://rpg.deals/mythology

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back