The Dank Memes

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

TristramEvans

The Right Hand of Doom
Administrator
Reaction score
This is a thread for Dank Memes! Get your meme on!

ywaKXJk.gif

8owskFU.gif

a6551844efa2f043b69e175d1bf0d83e--so-funny-funny-shit.jpg

5b7f68742e1ec2a7352f4039a6a85551--funny-animal-quotes-funny-sayings.jpg

tumblr_nhy2aoUdJS1rvcjd7o1_500.gif

This deserves its own post.

giphy.gif

I want the technology to have this tattooed, as a gif, on the insides of my eyelids.

Site related:

6219902_460s.jpg

^ This is me, every time.

ac97ae5f605bef83874a7b1969e933d6.jpg

RPG-graphic.jpg

f8169d0a9b58fc340362803df92d3726.jpg

c4c20e2cb970bef7c861f10b1a045799.jpg

dd-meme-why-all-the-hate-for-necromancers.jpg

8644557e909956831385a2f24b069000.jpg

ccab55af8654930f2495cdff1aa5fe15--gaming-memes-tabletop-rpg.jpg

fyxt-rpg-meme-meet-first-boss.jpg

51490ee58176fe65388b1ebe0f4dd519.jpg

Further evidence that no one reads my posts (see my last post on the ST:TLJ thread). :weep:

lol, no it couldnt be that I just havent bothered reading the Star Wars thread once I got the gist of what the new film was about. It has to all be about you!

lol, no it couldnt be that I just havent bothered reading the Star Wars thread once I got the gist of what the new film was about. It has to all be about you!

Yes, but which me? That's what my disassociative personalty disorder me want's to know! :wink:

Fridge Brilliance: Dank memes are the contemporary equivalent of Darmok and Jalad at Tenegra.

Fridge Brilliance: Dank memes are the contemporary equivalent of Darmok and Jalad at Tenegra.
I always think of picting from Eon by Greg Bear. The characters in that book have both neural interfaces and holographic projectors. Talking is for more formal communication with most people communicating by a language that involves flashing holographic images at one another.

We're communicating by expressing concepts via reference to shared cultural myths.

Spock, his eyebrow raised.

Which is becoming harder as the internet allows more fragmentation and customization. I swear I read somewhere where entertainment execs are expecting less and less blockbuster hits in all areas because you don't have central areas to advertise to and congregate. I bet everyone here in the US remembers the last episode of MASH. We're likely the last generation to have that sort of shared entertainment event at that level.
We're communicating by expressing concepts via reference to shared cultural myths.

Spock, his eyebrow raised.

It's all meaningless.

“Death is always on the way, but the fact that you don't know when it will arrive seems to take away from the finiteness of life. It's that terrible precision that we hate so much. But because we don't know, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.”
― Paul Bowles, The Sheltering Sky
Great quote, but you forgot to present it in meme form.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back