Concerts

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Ian Anderson had some health problems around his throat. His voice is completely gone, so while his flute was still going strong, listening to a wheezing broken song... he should have hired someone to replace him for the vocals.

Like AC-DC actually did with Axl Rose for a while.
Guess I must have heard him right before his voice went then because he sounded good at Ste.Michelle winery when I saw him.

So far, we've got tickets to see Babymetal, Smashing Pumpkins and Einstürzende Neubauten this year.
Ooooh, Babymetal! I *really* wanted to go to that show but had less than zero interest in Dethlok, so I passed. I may regret it.

Ooooh, Babymetal! I *really* wanted to go to that show but had less than zero interest in Dethlok, so I passed. I may regret it.
None of us would ever buy or listen to an album but their live shows are fun and they´ve got a great backing band.

159€*. Comparable to The Rolling Stones 2 years ago. But, like the Stones, probably the last chance for me to see them perform live. Yeah, The The in September are a lot cheaper.

Edit: Aaand Sold Out! :sad:

*) that's like a Battleforce for the new Solar Auxilia, or a small repair by my plumber, or a nice dinner for two...

I'm a huge fan of the Stones and AC/DC and was spoiled from decades of going to big shows and festivals for free since I worked in the industry but I would not pay that much to see Jesus himself with Jimi Hendrix on guitar.

None of us would ever buy or listen to an album but their live shows are fun and they´ve got a great backing band.

I hope I get to see Einstürzende Neubauten live before I die.

I hope I get to see Einstürzende Neubauten live before I die.
I don't know that I would want to see Neubauten. They are generally too industrial for my industrial tastes. :smile: Closest I've seen would be Front Line, which is admittedly not the same thing.

I don't know that I would want to see Neubauten. They are generally too industrial for my industrial tastes. :smile: Closest I've seen would be Front Line, which is admittedly not the same thing.
They shifted towards a kind of experimental silent ambient electro post-pop, not sure if they shifted back yet. I'm not an industrial person at all, though I can appreciate some Nine Inch Nails on occasion. My wife is a huge fan of NIN and it was her idea that we go see Neubauten. I'll just let myself be surprised.

Now, we also got tickets to see Explosions in the Sky and the all-female J-punk band Otoboke Beaver.

3_OB_photocredit_Mayumi_Hirata-scaled.jpg

Last Sunday we saw Nora Brown in Utrecht, an 18-year old banjo prodigy from New York who performs traditional Appalachian music on banjo and guitar. Really enjoyed that. This was a solo show. Would love to see her perform with a group sometime as well. Would recommend if you enjoy that kind of music.

1711144778007.jpg 1711144778021.jpg

Last edited:
I saw Illumishade and Visions of Atlantis on Thursday. Illumishade was excellent, but Visions blew me away. They even got the crowd to sit down and emulate rowing a galley during one song. I got to talk to the guitarist and one of the singers (who is also in the Italian band Temperance). The guitarist is a big wrestling fan, so we talked about that for a bit. I asked Michele (the one singer) about Temperance coming to tour the US, and he told me it's hard to get visas, but American bands can get them easier. That's kind of fucked up. I bought one of their shirts, which I plan on wearing Tuesday when I see Blind Guardian at Roseland

When I saw Sabaton, the crowd did the sit down and row thing all by themselves. It was pretty funny to see.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back