RPGSite down?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aglondir

Well-Known Pubber
Reaction score
Hello,

I know some of you also visit the RPGSite. I get message that says "Down for maintenance." Anyone else, or is it just me?

Thanks.

Probably some maintenance that is taking longer than they thought.

Of course, I do wonder if someday the Pundit might just end the forum out of boredom. He rarely participates in the actual discussion and when he does it's simply a link to his latest video. He doesn't really act much as moderator except in very extreme cases.

Probably some maintenance that is taking longer than they thought.

Of course, I do wonder if someday the Pundit might just end the forum out of boredom. He rarely participates in the actual discussion and when he does it's simply a link to his latest video. He doesn't really act much as moderator except in very extreme cases.
I think one of the last videos he posted was on story games and how they are destroying the very fabric of space-time. Maybe it started there.

It's down for me too. I imagine there's a software update or something that's harder to implement. I don't recall seeing any warnings it was coming. Who knows.

I know they were switching to a new server though everytime I try to go the site is website maintenance.

Has that changed?

mod note
This thread is being merged with the other thread.

With any luck it will never return.
From a selfish point of view, I really hope that isn't the case. We have people who post on both places who are great and recognise the different posting style needed. But there are people on there who are absolutely better suited to that style of online discourse (and people on here who wouldn't be suited to there). We absolutely don't need *that* kind of refugee.

With any luck it will never return.
Surely another signpost along Western Civilization's path towards decline and irrelevance. You will remember this as a turning point, when your children are pressed into gangs of ethnically ambiguous pansexual woke militias.

On a more serious note, I hope not. There are some great old posts there, some even by Yours Truly. Even though I haven’t been there in a while.

From a selfish point of view, I really hope that isn't the case. We have people who post on both places who are great and recognise the different posting style needed. But there are people on there who are absolutely better suited to that style of online discourse (and people on here who wouldn't be suited to there). We absolutely don't need *that* kind of refugee.

Really good point, didn't cross my mind when I liked the other post. Strongly agree with your points.

Surely another signpost along Western Civilization's path towards decline and irrelevance. You will remember this as a turning point, when your children are pressed into gangs of ethnically ambiguous pansexual woke militias.

On a more serious note, I hope not. There are some great old posts there, some even by Yours Truly. Even though I haven’t been there in a while.

The movie forums I hung out on a decade ago have been wiped from the net without a trace. I suspect that will happen to not only many forums but a huge amount of internet history.

For the film forums I think that's a real cultural and historical loss. The music forums I hung out on the other hand...it is probably best that they are lost to the sands of time.

Unless one wanted a laugh at arrested adolescents arguing over what is and isn't punk, metal, cvlt, etc.

Last edited:
One day they will start.archiving our phone calls.

As long as they're not stealing my gender identity and running up debts on my gender credit card.

Yeah, I haven't been to Big Purple or The Site in years, but I'm glad they exist for "those people". :wink:

More seriously for the people that still like hanging out in those places, great. I just wasn't enjoying it so finding this place was quite refreshing.

The 'Site was up at one point, earlier this week. Might have been Monday.

I was able to reach their forums that day, and there was a notification about questionable files found on their server, and a recommendation to update your password. Then the site went back down by the following day (the next time I checked), and appears to have remained down since.

Wasn't the password warning a thing for a while already? Or was there a new breach more recently?

My opinion is that it got overloaded with too many casks of whine* and capsized.
-the last independent moderator at TheRPGSite.

*not a typo

If Pundejo's Playhouse stays down and all their angry political wonks flee here, I really hope they'll have the sense to read the room and not start ranting about politics.

The real question is whether there has been an uptick in traffic here while they're down. I doubt it though, therpgsite is a political actism site and this is a gaming forum. Not much cross over there really.
If anything has seen an upsurge because of the Site being doing I suspect it's Twitter rather than us.

The real question is whether there has been an uptick in traffic here while they're down. I doubt it though, therpgsite is a political actism site and this is a gaming forum. Not much cross over there really.

I've been visiting here on a regular basis since the recent outage. So that's an uptick of one, at least.

I joined The Pub in 2017, but I don't visit here that often. Not sure why. I've occasionally thought about switching, but there's posters on The Site that I'd miss. There's a lot of noise, but a lot of signal as well. Actually I think you're one of the posters that I follow over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back