Umerican Survival Guide

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Necrozius

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I've discovered this expansion to Dungeon Crawl Classics while looking into Mutant Crawl Classics, and most places online said that the Umerican Survival Guide, and its original blog Crawling under a broken moon is the better choice.

So I dove in and I love it!

Anyone use it? Any feedback?

Any hexcrawl rules for this or DCC that would be helpful?

Cheers,

I played in a DCC campaign set in CUABM during the early days of the 'zine. It was fairly gonzo and dangerous, but felt more fleshed out/stable than MCC did... but that's just my experience as a Player. With MCC I think we were just module hopping and no coherent picture of the setting ever took shape.
I think I'd pick Umerica if I wanted to do a retro-scifi apocalypse full of atomic horrors and weird science.

IME MCC is a pretty dull copy/paste of DCC. There are one or two good ideas in there, but overall I found its 1-1 translation of DCC to be pretty much dishwater compared to the original.

Put me in the camp that prefers Crawling Under a Broken Moon to MCC. I have played in Umerica games but haven’t read the product, I have read CUaBM, so while it was fun I can’t give a good comparison.

IME MCC is a pretty dull copy/paste of DCC. There are one or two good ideas in there, but overall I found its 1-1 translation of DCC to be pretty much dishwater compared to the original.
Yeah, I was kinda uninspired by it as well...:shade:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back