Zero Charisma (2013) is free on YT

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
"This video is age-restricted and only available on YouTube"

So what is it about:thumbsup:?

It's a comedy by and about gamers. I saw it 10 years ago and can't remember the details, but I do remember enjoying it.

It was free on TubiTV for the longest time. Still is:

The "I wrote The Matrix" scene is classic bullseye cringe.
And on several occasions, I've personally been in the room when someone has made an entirely-too-similar claim.

What keeps this movie from being just a one-note cliché, is not having Scott be the antagonistic jerk throughout.

It was a fine enough movie but to me the ending seemed a bit like an afterthought.

I showed in for a class I taught a few years back. The students decided that, without the ending, it was just a film about what a miserable person/gamer Scott is. The ending showed empathy for Scott and gave more depth to his character. He'd have no deeper character arc without it.

I showed in for a class I taught a few years back. The students decided that, without the ending, it was just a film about what a miserable person/gamer Scott is. The ending showed empathy for Scott and gave more depth to his character. He'd have no deeper character arc without it.
A different ending for it could've been done in a way that doesn't feel glued on, but it would've required some other subplot that foreshadows it, making the movie longer, and those pieces of the subplot could've seem glued on in the middle of the movie, making it more plastic/hollywood and taking away from the flow of the mid-movie.

I'm just nitpicking here... Solid 5/7 rating for the movie from me :wink:

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back