7 Days Left to back the Powered by the Apocalypse superhero RPG Diviniti X Deluxe Hardcover Edition!

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com
Reaction score
Diviniti X Deluxe Edition Kickstarter has launched!

The Book Includes (Straight from the Kickstarter)
* Full rules featuring the Diviniti X Powered by the Apocalypse, Enhanced by Diviniti system, setting info describing the world of Diviniti X and the presence of super-powered individuals and how they affect the world around them as well as MC guidelines and advice.
* 40+ super-powers, each with a variety of sub-abilities, extras and more.
* Optional rules for players' characters, including rules for playing non-powered, exceptional characters and creating and playing mutants and villains.
* Expanded setting information on three major hotbeds of Diviniti activity - San Jose, Dallas and Detroit as well as additional information on several other cities in the game world.
* An MC Toolbox chapter filled with ways to introduce comic book tropes such as alternate dimensions, super-prisons, and more into your Diviniti X game and a wide variety of NPCs, both super-powered and not.

Click Here To Visit The Kickstarter!

or, Click Here To Check Out the Basic PDF guide!

Link not working? Copy pasta this one: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/highergrounds/diviniti-x-deluxe-hardcover-edition

I don’t know much about this RPG but the KS page is triggering a lot of my alarm bells and the DTRPG page isn’t helping either.

Leaving aside the campaign, this paragraph gives me concern as the design of the game as it seems to demonstrate a fundamental failure to understand the PbtA system:
The key differences between Powered by Diviniti and Powered by the Apocalypse is the sheer power levels of the player characters in the game. The Themebooks, a super-powered variant of playbooks, include creation guidelines for making characters whose power levels far outrank any other Powered by the Apocalypse character in other games using the system.

The PbtA system is a narrative one and its rules simply determine whether a PC succeeds, succeeds at a cost, or fails. You can set the power level however you want in the moves. Stats just make success more likely rather than increase the power level. For examples of this, check out Masks or Godsend that have PCs with superhero and demigod power levels.

Leaving aside the campaign, this paragraph gives me concern as the design of the game as it seems to demonstrate a fundamental failure to understand the PbtA system:
The Themebooks and Enhanced Stats paragraphs worry me the most. Enhanced Stats for the reasons you just stated. And Themebooks because it shows the designer's ignorance of the broader PbtA movement. Plenty of games have added tons of stuff to the playbooks for more versatility/uniqueness. Rarely(I'd say never, but I don't claim to have read every PbtA game so that could be overstating things) has this gone well.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back