Agents of Concordia

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Rogerdee

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
This is a great rp, with some excellent ideas in it.

So what have you done with it?

Basically it is a multiverse game.

Now the hard sell for me was that reality of the universe, as we know it is a lie. Our plane, is the Earth and the moon. The rest is a giant aether projector, i.e. it is magic. This cknceit of the game I find difficult to swallow, but then it is not too dissimilar to Magic the Gatheting in some ways.

So when I look at from that lens I can kind of accept the prmise a little easier.

The multiverse is made up of Artifex at one end, which has a gate leading to the Primal Worlds, kind of lije a broken version of the Far Realm from DnD / PF. They ravaged the multiverse at one point but were forced back. Some tried to follow aethetic paths which led to an ancient Earth.

Those humanoids that arrived succumbed to magic loss and devolved becoming humans, and various other species on Earth. There is a point that is made is that potentially most species gave a common ancestry.

Past Earth is something called The Singularity. No one really knows what it is. In order to unite the factions the Concord was created to oversea, and patrol the multiverse. As tine passed, Earth advanced, but it was during WWII that the Concord decided to intervene in human affairs, but had to do so subtley.

They hunt down gribblies, which are called Vagrants. Concordia has multiple divusions, each with five sub-divisions. Thus gives you a lot of play potential. As to the system, not sure I am totally taken with it. But I would likeky be more inclined to use Swade.

But Fate, PbtA, or others would work if you are like me and not enamoured with the system. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is bad, just not my cup of tea.

Planes are interesting, and it reminds me the DC comuc with a square Earth with wires attached to it. Yep, there are sqaure planes, donuts, layered discs. There is one called Ennead, in some ways it reminds me of Akhamet ftom MtG. Just no Nicol Bolas.

Species, well, you get the usual suspects just slightly altered. There are a few fun ones like a Marmoset, how often foes that come along as playable! Then you scroll through a few more until you get to Stewards. I get a WTF monent followed by a resounding Hell Yes! These are no ther than normal dogs or cats that are intelligent and sapient.

The usual type occupations exist like operator, spook. Then my mind clicks into overdrive, I wanna be a cat commando! Yes, this game will let you.

Fucking brilliant!

Yes I do like thus game, a lot.

Last edited:
Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back