Anyone had trouble with Hassle Free Minis lately?

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Nick J

Members Only
Reaction score
Kind of a weird question, but I figured someone here might have more information than I can seem to muster.

I placed orders all the way back in May and June that (apparently) have never shipped (UK to The States) and I can't seem to get a reply via email about order status(es).

I know that there's been some ongoing health problems with the guy that runs the operation, but he just sent out a newsletter in the last couple of weeks that made it sound like things are getting back on track.

Admins/mods feel free to delete this if posting this isn't kosher.

I have ordered from them many times but not since Covid started. Orders sometimes take a while, it is just one dude if I recall correctly. I hope everything works out for you (and them!)

They were advertising new releases only a week ago - I know, because I just put in an order. Honestly, yeah there's been hiccups in their service from tie to time. About 5 years ago I ended up having to cancel an order and get my money back through Paypal.

The lack of email replies sounds concerning. This was in the last newsletter:

"Use bwartemis at gmail dot com if you want to talk to me. I regularly go dig out the spam filter of our domain email and find someone replying to my TV or Movie comments from like 3 months ago and now it's too late! :smile:"

Yeah I used the gmail address (3 times over the last 2-1/2 months). I'm almost wondering if my email address isn't getting filtered out . . . but even then 4 months seems like a long time to get an order.

Thanks for the replies, I'll probably just go ahead and cancel through Paypal and maybe take a shot later.

They've ghosted me completely on a missing miniature from an order I made two years ago. There's been two of those "send your issues to bwartemis at gmail dot com so we can catch up on all the outstanding orders and errors!" posts that I followed instructions on since. Not a peep, not a form response, not the most basic customer service outreach, not even a, "we're sorry, we can't find your info." Just nothing.

Its seems that with Hasslefree, most orders go fine, but if something goes wrong, you cease to exist for them. I strongly advise anyone to view an order with them as a gamble. You may get some cool minis, or you may lose some or all of your money.

They've ghosted me completely on a missing miniature from an order I made two years ago. There's been two of those "send your issues to bwartemis at gmail dot com so we can catch up on all the outstanding orders and errors!" posts that I followed instructions on since. Not a peep, not a form response, not the most basic customer service outreach, not even a, "we're sorry, we can't find your info." Just nothing.

Its seems that with Hasslefree, most orders go fine, but if something goes wrong, you cease to exist for them. I strongly advise anyone to view an order with them as a gamble. You may get some cool minis, or you may lose some or all of your money.
Luckily PayPal has a process (I hope?)

They do, and tend to rule in the customer's favour, but it is a lengthy process
Well, for the amount of cash I dropped on this, it's worth the hassle. And honestly, I'd rather have the minis than the money, so maybe getting a claim will shake something loose?

it's worth the hassle.

Barney-Varmn-Parks-and-Recreation.jpg

It wasn't lost on me that the name of the company and my predicament were a bit ironic.

I've got at least a couple dozen Hasslefree minis and never had any issues at all. I haven't ordered any in the Time of Plagues though.

No issue at all ordering/receiving from Hasslefree Miniatures. Placed an order in early July and got them within 10 days. Place a recent order on August 28th, and they've shipped, so we'll see how long they take to show.

I really like their models and am currently picking out some random stuff for Stargrave.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back