Clockwise: The Time Travel Treatise You Warned Yourself About

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

rumble

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I've put together a foundationally unique, consistent and MANAGEABLE cosmology for time travel.

There is nothing truly unique under the sun, but this is as original as I could make it.
I can't say what the influences are without ruining the prose. But you'll recognize the basics as you read. And then realize how messed up and different it really is.
As the author, I consider this horror time travel, but YMMV.

If you want access, I'm happy to provide it: Please IM me your gmail address and I'll provide access to the gdoc.
DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THIS THREAD.
You can even comments/ask questions if you think you find inconsistencies/flaws. Please note that it's somewhat first person, so some information is either deliberately erroneous or necessarily missing. But there are answers to most questions in the prose. This piece took a LONG time to craft. I tried to make every bit of copy purposeful.

For those of you who are wondering why you might want to give your email address to a relative nobody.... I don't really care. I'm just not handing out an open link to my doc. I want to know who's accessing it. No mailing list (I'm too lazy). No spam. But I might follow up with you (with money) if you have really cool ideas. And one day, your access might be gone. Such is the internet.

There's no NDA. My only request is that you not excerpt content to the web. Not even here. I would like to publish this, and I'm struggling to find an pen/pencil etching artist. I know EXACTLY the kind of art I want. If you can refer someone, I'd really appreciate it.

There are INTENTIONALLY NO MECHANICS or game guidance. There's just no point. It's a foundational framework, not a game in and of itself. It is GREAT for telling stories you couldn't before, and have them make sense, even if it's behind the scenes. Also, it's not really suitable for group play unless you have a group of very mature players. Here's my content warning for anyone who's worried about topics that might be covered:
WARNING: CONTENT INSIDE

Yeah, really. It can get that bad.

And for those of you who've been patiently waiting for any reason to give up your email address. Here's the planned back cover blurb:

You’ve heard all the vague, jumbled, contradictory nonsense.

Time is–
an old man | a river | an arrow | the currency of life | a precious gift.

You can never go back.
If you’re special enough, you can go back.
Multiverses exist.
Paradox defends against multiverses.

Now. Here. The Truth.
There is no paradox.
There is no multiverse.
Time is a bitch.

But you can make it your bitch.

Wise up.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back