Cutting It Down

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

David Johansen

Legendary Pubber
Reaction score
I've been fiddling with cutting the Galaxies In Shadow core book too something less intimidating and cheaper to print. I stripped out the non-adventuring careers, most of the generic aliens, vehicle and weapon design, politics, world, and alien generation and big chunks of the survival and interpersonal chapters. Here it is weighing in at a slim 96 pages. And far less intimidating to print.

Naturally in the course of cutting it down I found a number of problems and errors. So I stayed up to 3:00 AM fixing them, uploaded the new core file and promptly found another error :grin:

Oh well here's the most upto date version of the core rules: http://www.uncouthsavage.com/uploads/1/3/3/2/133279619/_sf.pdf

Now I have to go through the cut down version and implement the same changes. I think that'll be fastest though I worry there'll be divergent errors.

Of note:
Technology Level has been renamed Technology Factor because really it's always a multiplier.

Fundamental Skills now start out at half aptitude +20 instead of the full aptitude. This is not much worse for those with lower characteristics but makes higher characteristics a little less amazing.

The top airspeed for an airframe is now ten times higher.

Fission, Fusion, and Antimatter reactors are differentiated and no longer get efficiency multipliers.

The top speeds of Jets, Landers, and Shuttles have been corrected to the new top airspeed formula.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back