Deep Rock Galactic

Best Selling RPGs - Available Now @ DriveThruRPG.com

Picaroon Jack

And the Brothers Slack
Reaction score
I've posted about this in the Video Game thread, but I think I'll expand some. Deep Rock Galactic has been my filler game for a couple of years now. The one I go back and play between other games. I started way early and it has developed significantly over the years (they added a perk system, crafting, tons of skins, advanced Deep Dive missions, etc.). They recently added two new biomes: the Azure Weald and the Hollow Bough.

Azure Weld is by far the most visually stunning zone in the game with new flying manta's you can ride+steer. They went for an undersea/coral reef look. There is also a new Dreadnaught Hive Guard that I cannot defeat. ("ABORT! ABORT!")
DRG33_04_AzureWeald-1024x576.png

The Hollow Bough has wood-like tunnels with interactive vines through out.
Hollow_bough_preview.png

Voros Voros . . .You're based in a "Space Rig" and you have a dropship that drills into the surface of a planet. You have a variety of missions (mine minerals, collect alien eggs, set up refinery, hunt dreadnaughts, repair busted robots/drop pod, etc.). Up to four players can go on a mission and each have class specific weapons and tools. For example, the Driller has flamethrower, powerdrills, & satchel charge and the Gunner has big guns, zipline, and forcefield generator. If you go solo you have a robot ("Bosco") who can help.

There are a variety of biomes with environmental factors (like volcanos/earthquakes, frozen ice cavern, fungus bogs, etc.) and some biome specific xenos.

You go about your business but are eventually attacked by waves of different xenos until you complete the mission and are extracted.

You unlock secondary weapons for each of your two weapon slots and all your gear can be upgraded in a variety of builds. You can craft gear upgrades and skins as well as beer.

And you're dwarves.

Here's the Gunner and Scout on top and the Driller and Engineer on the bottom.
gb7yqvt8lb731.jpg

Last edited:
Can you play with just two people? I assume I'd have to buy two copies, one for me and one for my wife or does it have couch co-op?

Can you play with just two people? I assume I'd have to buy two copies, one for me and one for my wife or does it have couch co-op?
There is no split screen option, which is too bad because I would love to play it with my kid. We just take turns.

I think with xbox we could share games, but it would mean buying another xbox+screen.

Playability wise you can easily play with 1 to 4. It scales the more team members you have. I have enjoyed solo play with the drone support, but it's nothing like playing with 2 other players. It's a wild ride trying to get everyone to the extraction point.

I'd be playing on PC, my wife uses her laptop and I use the desktop, we do that to play Don't Starve Together! which I suck at and she's really good at.

I'd be playing on PC, my wife uses her laptop and I use the desktop, we do that to play Don't Starve Together! which I suck at and she's really good at.
I didn't even know it was PC compatible! Here it is on Steam. I'm not sure how sharing works or if that option is available on Steam.

Exactly the set up on my end of PC and laptop. Bunny loves Don't Starve and I am terrible at it. I have no idea what I am doing, I fumble around with the sucky UI, and then I die.

I have been debating whether to get this. Any pals to play with?

I play on xbox, I'm not sure if it is cross platform. I tried to link up with one of brothers who was on a PC and we were unsuccessful, but were going to check the settings.

New update 35 comes out Nov. 18th for the xbox. I think it is already out for the PC. New weapons for each class, a new daily missions terminal with seasons, and a new mission type versus robots.

Here is a preview:

I'm playing this on and off every few months.
It's really one of the best co-op experiences out there.

And one of the rare ones where you can play with random people as surviving doesn't really require very tight communication.
So people won't immediately get the entire group killed by doing stupid stunts - very much unlike Vermintide, for example.

It's been my go to game for between games. And with my brothers playing it is a blast.

Banner: The best cosmic horror & Cthulhu Mythos @ DriveThruRPG.com
Back